Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,821 members, 7,879,558 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 09:31 PM

Enugu Residents Shift Patronage To Local Rice - The Punch - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Enugu Residents Shift Patronage To Local Rice - The Punch (13608 Views)

Wale Aboderin, Punch Chairman, Is Dead! / Calabar Monorail In Perfect Condition But No Patronage – Tinapa MD / NNPC Cuts Oil Prices To Woo Buyers- The Punch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu Residents Shift Patronage To Local Rice - The Punch by Enice(m): 1:12pm On Jan 08, 2017
Pavore9:

I believe you noted where it is said it is de-stoned.
blind hatred would not let him comprehend the write up before commenting.
Re: Enugu Residents Shift Patronage To Local Rice - The Punch by Enice(m): 1:28pm On Jan 08, 2017
alsudaes1:

Local rice sold for 12K!!!

BUT foreign rice was sold for less than 10K before this Govt came into power

Modified:
I just saw your post after posting mine

My brother I 'taya' o, only God can help us out

It leaves me wondering how rational we are as Nigerians if some people can be happy with what is obtainable in the country
get some sense in 2017. What was the price of this Abakaliki rice during IBB regime? Can we then postulate that IBB is far better than GEJ? Once again, this is 2017. Think before opening that ya smelly anuus you call mouth.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Residents Shift Patronage To Local Rice - The Punch by murphyibiam15(m): 1:42pm On Jan 08, 2017
Nnemuka:

then go thank the person who prepared it for you as she took out time to remove all the stones.
lazy momma's boy
about cooking my rice...if u are in Enugu say hi...if not say nay

1 Like

Re: Enugu Residents Shift Patronage To Local Rice - The Punch by cuminside: 1:48pm On Jan 08, 2017
donofdons:
AFONJAS WAN CRY

Afonjas? Lazy bedbuggish unproductive waste of human species, that's why they are so afraid to stand on their own. They shout one Nigeria yet in practice don't belief in one Nigeria. Hypocrites, they are the only people in Nigeria that hardly leave their region to invest in another region, yet they agitate for One Nigeria above every other person.

The North; The food basket of Nigeria
The South South; The bread winner of Nigeria
The South East; Economic Engine room of Nigeria
South West? Leeches, non productive, bedbugs, lazy, monkey dey work, baboon dey chop. They will die of hunger within one year of staying on their own, i challenge them to dare
Re: Enugu Residents Shift Patronage To Local Rice - The Punch by Enice(m): 2:16pm On Jan 08, 2017
Aristo3146:
That is the problem with people like u who barely see beyond their nose, Are u aware that the cheap foreign rice u bought two years ago was at the expense of the country's hard earned foreign reserves? are u aware that the cheat rice u were eating was not just ur future u were eating but the future of ur children yet unborn?? Are u aware that the cheap foreign rice u were eating was creating jobs to the populace of another country while Nigerians remain jobless How many countries can boast of Nigerian produced rice the way u boast of foreign rice...
tell them. Tell them.
Re: Enugu Residents Shift Patronage To Local Rice - The Punch by Preciousseed(m): 2:22pm On Jan 08, 2017
@Citytv, congrats! At least for winning the most mentioned name on this thread! I bought local rice just last night here in Enugu as I ran out of my local rice bank which I have been patronizing since time immemorial. And you know today is Sunday, I can waybill you the one I cooked well so you can see for yourself that it is not stony at all.
#TeambuyNigertogrowthenaira
Nigeria will be great again!
Re: Enugu Residents Shift Patronage To Local Rice - The Punch by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jan 08, 2017
Nnemuka:

why will you miss me when your slave master is in power?
Suffering and smiling is your way for long...
Non of you have occupied Ojota again... grin

All of a sudden Afonja's now understand Economics and the reason why local rice is the best thing to happen to Nigeria...
Let your lord hear Peem from you...
shameless people

Afo sagbuo gi ebe ahu... Aturu...

Otu gi gbawa kwa.. Nkita ara ..

Onye obula n'ekwenyeghi n'asi ina asi abula Afonja okwaya

Keep deceiving yourself. Nasty girl with a beautiful name.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Residents Shift Patronage To Local Rice - The Punch by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jan 08, 2017
Preciousseed:
@Citytv, congrats! At least for winning the most mentioned name on this thread! I bought local rice just last night here in Enugu as I ran out of my local rice bank which I have been patronizing since time immemorial. And you know today is Sunday, I can waybill you the one I cooked well so you can see for yourself that it is not stony at all.
#TeambuyNigertogrowthenaira
Nigeria will be great again!

Don't mind her and nnemuka.. Them dey talk rubbish... Na them dey alone... Bitter nasty women.
Re: Enugu Residents Shift Patronage To Local Rice - The Punch by Enice(m): 2:37pm On Jan 08, 2017
Nnemuka:

mumu that was the exact thing they told you bout fuel... olodo are they not planning to hike fuel price again?
thought they said later the price will go down?

Iti sad
if you no get sense you no go fit get sense at all. A fuul is always a fuul. Are comparing petroleum products whose prices are dollar dependent and beyond our control as a nation due to importation to local rice that have no fereign exchange input and which we can produce all we want and even export? Mugu, akpa shesha, pls get some sense. Think hard before opening that ya smelly anuus you call mouth.
Re: Enugu Residents Shift Patronage To Local Rice - The Punch by Aristo3146(m): 3:35pm On Jan 08, 2017
Nnemuka:

olodo how is it at the expense of our country's whatever you call it? mbok
Does Nigeria not export other item? must we produce everything and sell to other countries?
by the way, we still had local rice then which was around 3500 per bag and some people buy it.
why must we appreciate Buhari because something that cost 3500 naira is now 18,000?

are you that daft? Are you being paid to be silly?
mtcheww
Let me educate u a little, Rice or any commodity imported into this country is purchased with foreign currency , where did the importers gets the FOREX They get it either through the CBN or Black market, if they get it from CBN at official price its cheaper and the cost of those imported goods are cheaper compare to those that got forex from Black market and the Country's foreign reserve depletes, this should answer ur question on how it is at the expense of our country's whatever as u call...U called me names but as a man of Etiquette i will not descend so low...

1 Like

Re: Enugu Residents Shift Patronage To Local Rice - The Punch by Nnemuka(f): 4:07pm On Jan 08, 2017
tongue
Re: Enugu Residents Shift Patronage To Local Rice - The Punch by Aufbauh(m): 4:22pm On Jan 08, 2017
Nnemuka:

Godbless Dr. Buhari indeed..
Local rice sold for 18,000 (double the price of foreign rice 2 years ago) and someone is asking God to bless Buhari??

I pray your life be same way Buhari has "Blessed" Nigeria.

Amen till eternity!
Re: Enugu Residents Shift Patronage To Local Rice - The Punch by Nobody: 4:23pm On Jan 08, 2017
Nnemuka:

mumu that was the exact thing they told you bout fuel... olodo are they not planning to hike fuel price again?
thought they said later the price will go down?

Iti sad

Rice is not the same as petrol. Everyone can grow rice which will increase supply and force down the price. With Petrol as private refineris (Like the Dangote refinery) starts production, then price will go down.
Other than that, how is your Sunday morning / afternoon going?
Re: Enugu Residents Shift Patronage To Local Rice - The Punch by Kondomatic(m): 9:17am On Jan 12, 2017
DonaTee:

u nailed it. D rice n processing engines were self procured n developed by d ebonyians. It is deir pride.
D best specie was going for 18k, d rice was white like white n grains were looooong.....really beautiful rice. I ve eaten local rice for over 18yrs. Its incomparable.

pple complain dey cant cook fried rice with it cheesy d person no sabi cook jare

check out foreign rice + ofe akwu undecided lol
If you can cook tasty ofe akwu, egusi soup and abacha then text me your father's home address.

I want to talk to him about something.

grin
Re: Enugu Residents Shift Patronage To Local Rice - The Punch by DonaTee(f): 2:35pm On Jan 12, 2017
Kondomatic:
If you can cook tasty ofe akwu, egusi soup and abacha then text me your father's home address.

I want to talk to him about something.

grin

lol u r years too late. U ll meet ur own sensational sexy cook 1 day
Re: Enugu Residents Shift Patronage To Local Rice - The Punch by Kondomatic(m): 2:41pm On Jan 12, 2017
DonaTee:

lol u r years too late. U ll meet ur own sensational sexy cook 1 day
Wait, you mean, you mean that, you..... You're...

*faints*

1 Like

Re: Enugu Residents Shift Patronage To Local Rice - The Punch by nadawang: 4:29am On Jun 08, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQticeW6YAc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvs4XsSlcyQ

DonaTee:

Nne take it easy. Its all in d hands of d merchant. He stingy he cant pay 100 naira to destone n package his products. Its not d farmers or d millers duty to do dat.

abi na cassava farmer go make d garri for u?

this is d pix of a section of d mill. Different varieties of rice on display. U choose wat u want n buy. There r pple der dey carry it to d destoning machinr. Destone, bag n seal it. Jus 100 or 200.

the rice fresh frm d milling machine with stones n husks. D buyers detones if he wishes cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Access Bank Sets To Acquire Transnational Bank In Kenya / Do I Need NAFDAC Number On My Small Scale Chips Business? / Googletrader Nigeria To Shut-down By November 11 2013!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.