Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,170 members, 7,880,658 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 11:57 PM

Excessive Mosquitoes - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Excessive Mosquitoes (646 Views)

Excessive Heat Kills A Farmer's Chickens: Pictured / Help!! How Do I Deal Excessive Afternoon Sun Affecting My Water Melon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Excessive Mosquitoes by cjfbn: 12:24am On Jan 08, 2017
Twale guys, please what natural means can I use to ward off mosquitoes.. Baygon seems not to be working. They are just too much.

1 Like

Re: Excessive Mosquitoes by braine(m): 12:39am On Jan 08, 2017
I think it's the weather that's encouraging their population + the heat. I don't think there's anything else you can use if Bayton does not work.
Re: Excessive Mosquitoes by princetom1(m): 12:43am On Jan 08, 2017
cjfbn:
Twale guys, please what natural means can I use to ward off mosquitoes.. Baygon seems not to be working. They are just too much.

Use mosquito net and sleep in peace
Re: Excessive Mosquitoes by Greedgod: 1:29am On Jan 08, 2017
Agree with the poster , many insecticides , mosquito coils are dat efficient plus mosquito net brings heat . Need sth as strong as rat poison to rats , please any efficient solution ?
Re: Excessive Mosquitoes by redsun(m): 3:08am On Jan 08, 2017
Clean your surroundings and drain it of filthy puddles. Mosquitoes thrives in unkepmt tropical environments.

If you are too poor to afford a descent place in so-called cities in Nigeria,go to the village that could relatively cleaner and less polluted environment,even for the abjectly poor.

1 Like

Re: Excessive Mosquitoes by menstrualpad: 3:45am On Jan 08, 2017
find the source and eradicate it. that's your best bet.
Re: Excessive Mosquitoes by Nobody: 9:02am On Jan 08, 2017
cjfbn:
Natural, Burning cow dung. The smoke chases mosquitoes. Also treat surrounding waters, if its small pools. Thats where they hatch. If you are dealing with a lake or river, sleep under mosquito nets. And keep windows and doors shut when it starts getting dark because they like hiding in dark places.

I don't know if insect repellants work. But they are applied on the body.
Re: Excessive Mosquitoes by menstrualpad: 9:08am On Jan 08, 2017
Muafrika2:

Natural, Burning cow dung. The smoke chases mosquitoes. Also treat surrounding waters, if its small pools. Thats where they hatch. If you are dealing with a lake or river, sleep under mosquito nets. And keep windows and doors shut when it starts getting dark because they like hiding in dark places.

I don't know if insect repellants work. But they are applied on the body.
cow dung in 2017? say something more modern. do they burn cow dung in the UK?
Re: Excessive Mosquitoes by Nobody: 9:17am On Jan 08, 2017
menstrualpad:

cow dung in 2017? say something more modern. do they burn cow dung in the UK?
There are cows in the UK too undecided

She asked for a natural method. Feel free to share your better option undecided

1 Like

Re: Excessive Mosquitoes by princetom1(m): 3:20pm On Mar 11, 2017
cjfbn:

If it's your own house, plant pawpaw tree surround it, come thank me later

(1) (Reply)

If You Truly Love AGRICULTURE / Write A Powerful Proposal On Setting Up A Fish Farm With Hatchery / Let's Take A Trip To Songhai Center

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.