Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,767 members, 7,875,927 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 02:26 AM

How Do You Explain Condom To Your 7-year Old Daughter? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do You Explain Condom To Your 7-year Old Daughter? (5980 Views)

My Husband Fondles Our 19-year-old Daughter’s Breasts – Woman Tells Court / Hahha.. This Is How You Explain Sex To Nigerian Children. PICTURES / Wife Sets Husband On Fire For Molesting Her 7 Year Old Daughter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Explain Condom To Your 7-year Old Daughter? by JProspero: 12:02pm On Nov 23, 2009
How do you handle this? You are watching a Nollywood movie with your 7-Year-old daughter. Sam Loco Efe is in the movie. He is in front of the pastor in a church scene in the movie and a condom falls out of his pocket. The Pastor starts asking him about the condom and the whole church is complaining about Sam Loco and his condom.  :oThen your daughter asks you, "Daddy, what is condom?"  What do you tell her? Pls I want honest and serious replies.
Re: How Do You Explain Condom To Your 7-year Old Daughter? by romsky: 12:04pm On Nov 23, 2009
Start sex education with her there & then
Re: How Do You Explain Condom To Your 7-year Old Daughter? by Parohfrey(f): 12:05pm On Nov 23, 2009
tell her exactly what it is or else she will ask from someone else outside, and if they tell her something different, she will begin to doubt every other thing you say to her. Just say adults use it when making babies or something like that, with a warning that it is not for kids.
Re: How Do You Explain Condom To Your 7-year Old Daughter? by JProspero: 12:14pm On Nov 23, 2009
What amount of sex education is good for a 7 yr old girl?
Re: How Do You Explain Condom To Your 7-year Old Daughter? by romsky: 12:15pm On Nov 23, 2009
just a bit of this & that

Kids of nowadays know far more than u r giving them credit for
Re: How Do You Explain Condom To Your 7-year Old Daughter? by Charchar(f): 12:26pm On Nov 23, 2009
I would just tell her that it is for adults. People have sex and need to use this to be careful from all different kinds of bad diseases and to keep someone from getting pregnant. All in all she will hear you but still not understand you completely. As long as you inform her of what it is and that is something you do not go without she will remember. As time goes on she will learn to ask you things which is good. 7 is still kinda you to know everything anyways. But she will hear thing and stuff at least she will come to ya. It's kinda uncomfortable at times in explaining but it's good for them to have your opinion rather than someone elses.
Re: How Do You Explain Condom To Your 7-year Old Daughter? by smooooooth: 12:41pm On Nov 23, 2009
did she get the pronunciation right? then i think u need to check if hey hymen is still intact.

and skip sex education she is is 12/13 pls. also stop her for watching adult movies.
Re: How Do You Explain Condom To Your 7-year Old Daughter? by Charchar(f): 12:52pm On Nov 23, 2009
You don't take her to the doctors for that at 7 unless you know somethinghas happened. That is trumatic for a girl at 7. Kids know alot without doing things these days. Just go with the flow, to get an internal would break her hymen. Don't listen to that unless you know something is wrong with her.
Re: How Do You Explain Condom To Your 7-year Old Daughter? by Fhemmmy: 5:05pm On Nov 23, 2009
This one pass me
Re: How Do You Explain Condom To Your 7-year Old Daughter? by coolier(f): 6:07pm On Nov 23, 2009
Paroh_frey:

tell her exactly what it is or else she will ask from someone else outside, and if they tell her something different, she will begin to doubt every other thing you say to her. Just say adults use it when making babies or something like that, with a warning that it is not for kids.

Seconded.
Re: How Do You Explain Condom To Your 7-year Old Daughter? by Nobody: 7:31pm On Nov 23, 2009

how can you explain condom or sex to a 7 year old?

daft thread
Re: How Do You Explain Condom To Your 7-year Old Daughter? by mamagee3(f): 8:02pm On Nov 23, 2009
This thread has a lot of wholes attached to it. undecided
Re: How Do You Explain Condom To Your 7-year Old Daughter? by Outstrip(f): 9:36pm On Nov 23, 2009
She is 7 and does not need to know what a condom is. Tell her it is candy and wait for her to ask again when she is 13
Re: How Do You Explain Condom To Your 7-year Old Daughter? by Fhemmmy: 10:02pm On Nov 23, 2009
Outstrip:

She is 7 and does not need to know what a condom is. Tell her it is candy and wait for her to ask again when she is 13

So what will happen if he see one in Daddy's pocket and swallows it?
Re: How Do You Explain Condom To Your 7-year Old Daughter? by Outstrip(f): 10:05pm On Nov 23, 2009
Then tell her it is a balloon. I don't care what they tell her but she does nto need to know what a condom is used for. Why should dad have condoms in his pocket in the first place?
Re: How Do You Explain Condom To Your 7-year Old Daughter? by Fhemmmy: 10:35pm On Nov 23, 2009
Outstrip:

Then tell her it is a balloon. I don't care what they tell her but she does nto need to know what a condom is used for. Why should dad have condoms in his pocket in the first place?

The balloon would work.
Well, u never could tell what Daddy wanted to do with condom in his pocket, could be planning to give to a secretary at office for "candy"
Re: How Do You Explain Condom To Your 7-year Old Daughter? by oln: 10:53pm On Nov 23, 2009
@fhemmmy:u wan kill me wit laughter
Re: How Do You Explain Condom To Your 7-year Old Daughter? by Fhemmmy: 10:53pm On Nov 23, 2009
Na true i dey yarn now ^^
Re: How Do You Explain Condom To Your 7-year Old Daughter? by Outstrip(f): 12:29am On Nov 24, 2009
;d ;d ;d ;d
Re: How Do You Explain Condom To Your 7-year Old Daughter? by JProspero: 9:21am On Nov 24, 2009
tpia.:

how can you explain condom or sex to a 7 year old?

daft thread

@Tpia, I don't like to respond to insults because it cheapens me but pls what is daft about this thread? Are u married? Do u have an inquisitive 7-yr- old girl? Or do you haul jibes because people use pen names on Nairaland without pictures and nobody sees the other person?

The reason why this thread came up was that given the commotion in the church when the condom dropped out of Sam Loco Efe's pocket as he was bringing out money for thanksgiving, my girl was wondering what all the fuss was about. I was wondering if I should explain to her in full or just tell her something, while also considering the dangers of any option I take.
Re: How Do You Explain Condom To Your 7-year Old Daughter? by Kx: 9:30am On Nov 24, 2009
Tell her it is adult ballon but that it contains chemicals that damages children
memmory if they touch it or blow it.

You recall that stuff our parents used to say about the water inside coconut,that it dulls children
brain with its effect on intelligence? so that only dem go taste and drink sweet coconut water.

Give her crab like that just to make her not come near CD!
Re: How Do You Explain Condom To Your 7-year Old Daughter? by Knight1(m): 9:28am On Nov 25, 2009
Kx seconded!

(1) (Reply)

When He Can't Get Up Down There / How Do You Cope With BAD Nigerian Mother-in-law ?? / Unconscious Sex And Suffering

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.