Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,413 members, 7,978,301 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 04:33 AM

Availability Of Black Cotton Soil - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Availability Of Black Cotton Soil (731 Views)

Simple Farm tools for Soil Digging, Land Tilling & Weeding / Effect Of Bush Burning On Your Farm Soil Fertility / Why Soil Analysis On That Farmland?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Availability Of Black Cotton Soil by toonzay(m): 7:30am On Jan 08, 2017
I woke up one morning only to discover I've developed interest in a soil that is as good as nothing for one of my Civil Engineering friends who talked about it the day before.
Black Cotton Soil as the name implies is a dark soil used in growing cotton. It is majorly found in the Northern part of Nigeria. The geotechnical properties of this soil are so poor, that Civil engineers don't wish to come across it.
I have decided to carry out a brief research on this soil (I don't think anything is useless) ,but the major problem am facing so far is it's availability.
Please at what exact location can black cotton soil be found in Nigeria? OR
Who is a dealer of black cotton soil?
Re: Availability Of Black Cotton Soil by tsnsamuel(m): 5:49pm On Jan 30, 2019
Hello sir, am about to embark on a research (soil stabilization), and i intend using black cotton soil, i want to know if you were able to get the black cotton soil, and where? Can it be gotten in Kwara state? Thanks.
Re: Availability Of Black Cotton Soil by tsnsamuel(m): 6:15pm On Feb 01, 2019
toonzay:
I woke up one morning only to discover I've developed interest in a soil that is as good as nothing for one of my Civil Engineering friends who talked about it the day before.
Black Cotton Soil as the name implies is a dark soil used in growing cotton. It is majorly found in the Northern part of Nigeria. The geotechnical properties of this soil are so poor, that Civil engineers don't wish to come across it.
I have decided to carry out a brief research on this soil (I don't think anything is useless) ,but the major problem am facing so far is it's availability.
Please at what exact location can black cotton soil be found in Nigeria? OR
Who is a dealer of black cotton soil?
Hello sir, am about to embark on a research (soil stabilization), and i intend using black cotton soil, i want to know if you were able to get the black cotton soil, and where? Can it be gotten in Kwara state? Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

In Need Of Chacoals In Tonnes / Ofada Rice Available In Large Quantity / Know How To Export Your Non-oil Products At The Afriexporter Expo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.