Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,175 members, 7,880,663 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 12:28 AM

Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? - Religion (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? (97439 Views)

Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? / #whatif: Daddy Freez Is Correct About Tithe? / Prophet Malachi Udorji, The Founder Of Children Of God Healing Ministry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (38) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Candour(m): 11:58am On Jan 28, 2017
MuttleyLaff:
You and I know why
It is because without tithe, Christ Embassy Osogbo and others will collapse and close shop. Kikiki ki.

Of course na. Let me not laugh sad
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by MuttleyLaff: 12:10pm On Jan 28, 2017
Gombs:
Back off, if I needed your 'intelligence' I'd have requested so.. Until then, back off

Somebody is getting touchy kikiki ki

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Candour(m): 12:24pm On Jan 28, 2017
Gombs:

Ahn ahn... Answer greetings na grin

You'd do good to answer me first. Thanks

No vex bro. I greet you a mullion times abeg. Twale for you grin

The bible indicated just once. Can you now point to any scripture that indicates otherwise?

Time specific? Candour... It's me o, not some rookie grin

The bible said "TITHES"... notice the plural

Receiveth is a continuous term meaning receives not received

Keypoint is... Levites paid to Melchizedek (even today ie Jews ) in Abraham... Out father of faith.

Genesis 14:20 KJV
And blessed be the most high God, which hath delivered thine enemies into thy hand. And he gave him tithes of all.

Scripture used plural there, are you saying it was also multiple times inside this one "spoils of war"?

You're yet to explain

What do you understand by the term "levites paid tithes to Melchizedek in Abraham"?

Thank you

Exactly what the bible means is what I mean too
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Candour(m): 12:27pm On Jan 28, 2017
openmine:

Are U saying petra1 is joagbaje?
That's very serious...I wish I had known earlier...smh
oga candour happy new year...its been a while..how family?

Yes he's the same and I'm sure he doesnt mean any harm by it.

Family is fine bro. Trust you and yours are well too grin
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Candour(m): 12:28pm On Jan 28, 2017
MuttleyLaff:
Nothing to explain,
what where you expecting to be used for Levites.
Of course, if one Levite, then one tithe was paid,
but since its more than one Levite who proxy Abraham paid tithe, then the plural tithes is used.
SMH, can't believe anyone will ask for this to be explained.

Just leave Gombs make he dey dance skelewu on top singular-plural. He go meet me here
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Nobody: 12:39pm On Jan 28, 2017
Gombs:

Stop lying na grin grin

You're having comprehension challenge or what?

I think I am done with you.. Thanks bro wink

The scripture is there just read it
In addition, we might even say that these Levites-- the ones who collect the tithe--paid a tithe to Melchizedek when their ancestor Abraham paid a tithe to him.

How do you understand this ??
Read this version well and understand it
Or go and read commentries

Anyway gimme scriptures of kingdom principles ??
That is what we are talking about

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Nobody: 12:42pm On Jan 28, 2017
Gombs:

Hebrews 7:9-10 KJV
And as I may so say, Levi also, who receiveth tithes, payed tithes in Abraham. [10] For he was yet in the loins of his father, when Melchisedec met him.

Easy English
So, by the *priests in his family, Levi gets the tenth part from the people. But we could say that, by Abraham, Levi also paid a tenth part to Melchizedek.

Are you saying that the Bible lied? Candour.... Are you of same thought process?

All these is just to discredit tithing o... Your brazenly lying and twisting plain grammar just as you fought the "first church" till I nailed you to the cross of humility.

I mean... See plain English o grin grin

Lol

Candour... Come and see o grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Funny oo
The levites didn't pay tithe to him
It was because Abraham paid tithes to him thats why it was accounted to the levites also

Vs 5 confirms tithing as a law

That is not our point
I want to know where kingdom principles are in the bible
We all know anything in the law is a law
Don't twist it

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by openmine(m): 1:04pm On Jan 28, 2017
Candour:

Yes he's the same and I'm sure he doesnt mean any harm by it.

Family is fine bro. Trust you and yours are well too grin
Haba but that's being dishonest Nah...we also had Dis issue last year about tithe being a spiritual principle and I must say that I almost called him by his former monicker...its well...my family is fine...Wat happened 2 u on whatsapp?
it seems u no longer use the platform anymore...?
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by openmine(m): 1:07pm On Jan 28, 2017
MuttleyLaff:
Alter ego my friend
hmmm....too bad!
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Candour(m): 1:29pm On Jan 28, 2017
openmine:

Haba but that's being dishonest Nah...we also had Dis issue last year about tithe being a spiritual principle and I must say that I almost called him by his former monicker...its well...my family is fine...Wat happened 2 u on whatsapp?
it seems u no longer use the platform anymore...?

I stopped using bbm actually. I got tired grin

Thank God you're doing well
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Gombs(m): 3:32pm On Jan 28, 2017
Candour:

No vex bro. I greet you a mullion times abeg. Twale for you grin

Much respect bro!

The bible indicated just once. Can you now point to any scripture that indicates otherwise?

Is that sufficient to conclude it was just once? For Abraham' prayer to God was indicated once (the second wasn't really a prayer) does it mean he prayed once since it was recorded once? undecided

Genesis 14:20 KJV
And blessed be the most high God, which hath delivered thine enemies into thy hand. And he gave him tithes of all.

Scripture used plural there, are you saying it was also multiple times inside this one "spoils of war"?

Egton, get my point.. No come shift goal post na grin

The Bible recorded REVCEIVETH as in receives tithe... Receiveth is a continuous term meaning receives not received

Keypoint is... Levites paid to Melchizedek (even today ie Jews ) in Abraham... Out father of faith.

If the Bible uses a present continuous tense to suggest tithes are received and paid by levites to Melchizedek in Abraham our Father of faith, how much more we (Christians) who belong to the priesthood of Judah in that same order of Melchizedek? Remember Jesus is the high priest we are priests. These said, how then could you say tithing is obsolete?

I'm not trying to convince you, we've been through this longer than any folk here except Petra1 grin

This is for readers sake. cheesy

Exactly what the bible means is what u mean too

grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy

You're yet to explain

What do you understand by the term "levites paid tithes to Melchizedek in Abraham"?
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Candour(m): 4:52pm On Jan 28, 2017
Gombs:

Much respect bro!

Is that sufficient to conclude it was just once? For Abraham' prayer to God was indicated once (the second wasn't really a prayer) does it mean he prayed once since it was recorded once? undecided

Egton, get my point.. No come shift goal post na grin

The Bible recorded REVCEIVETH as in receives tithe... Receiveth is a continuous term meaning receives not received

If the Bible uses a present continuous tense to suggest tithes are received and paid by levites to Melchizedek in Abraham our Father of faith, how much more we (Christians) who belong to the priesthood of Judah in that same order of Melchizedek? Remember Jesus is the high priest we are priests. These said, how then could you say tithing is obsolete?

I'm not trying to convince you, we've been through this longer than any folk here except Petra1 grin

This is for readers sake. cheesy

grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy

You're yet to explain

See the scripture below

Hebrews 7:8 KJV
And here men that die receive tithes; but there he receiveth them , of whom it is witnessed that he liveth.

What do you think the bolded portion means with respect to your obvious good knowledge of English language? Past tense or past continuous? Are you still going to argue with the bible on its specificity as it concerns this particular incident? wink

Where does Bible indicate that Abraham paid tithes again and to whom?
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by petra1(m): 4:57pm On Jan 28, 2017
Gombs:

These are what the Bible called "mixed multitude"

Suddenly, he is fully devoted but does not do all 'his church' teaches... How 'smart'

A man must stay where his conviction is. If you don't believe in what they teach , find your place . If not you can't be blessed

1 Like

Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by petra1(m): 5:00pm On Jan 28, 2017
openmine:

Are U saying petra1 is joagbaje?
That's very serious...I wish I had known earlier...smh

You go come do Wetin na?
Well "THOU SAYETH SHA" cool. But funny after all the principle principle thing . You no know my writing

1 Like

Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by petra1(m): 5:12pm On Jan 28, 2017
MuttleyLaff:

Dont mind him and Gombs, his bumbling close associate

Jealous? Wetin consign" you. Freedom of association. You get your buddies don't you?

The truth is, if tithing is stopped, most of these organisations will be forced to close up shop because all their arguments are based on their entitlement to tithes which they have no right to, their dependence and their reliance on tithes to stay/keep afloat

FA far far fa FOUL! . It's carnal of you to think that way. Tithes is one of the least givings . I'm serious . 10% May look big in your eyes but for givers it's the least . Some of us even give more than the 10% as tithes . Because it just looks so small . I personally reverted back to 10% since it's what God demanded . I can channel money to other projects . The free will giving is far higher than tithes . People give lands and cars . People give millions for Gods work. What is common 10%? Didn't you hear how people bought plane for their pastor? How much tithe will buy that.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by petra1(m): 5:16pm On Jan 28, 2017
Gombs:

These are what the Bible called "mixed multitude"

Suddenly, he is fully devoted but does not do all 'his church' teaches... How 'smart'

Honesty test. 001. They can't admit it . That means they get my point . Case closed. The rest will be Yabis watch out . When bible fail na yabis remain.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by plainbibletruth: 5:30pm On Jan 28, 2017
petra1:

Honesty test. 001. They can't admit it . That means they get my point . Case closed. The rest will be Yabis watch out . When bible fail na yabis remain.

The simple truth tithers need to realize is this: ALL that we need to know in order for us to live our spiritual life under the NEW COVENANT have been given to us by those COMMISSIONED by Christ to do so - the Apostles.

If TITHING is as serious as today's tithers are painting it to be it would have been a recurring theme in the epistles. The plain truth is that it is not.

That is why tithers resort to the Old Testament to look for any STRAW they can get hold of to soothe their consciences that it's ok for them to still mandatorily tithe.

It needs to be emphasised again that THERE'S NO MANDATORY TITHING UNDER THE NEW COVENANT.

"It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be BURDENED again by a yoke of slavery" Galatians 5: 1

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by openmine(m): 5:38pm On Jan 28, 2017
petra1:

You go come do Wetin na?
Well "THOU SAYETH SHA" cool. But funny after all the principle principle thing . You no know my writing
I tot i was rubbing minds with some one i dont know...i didnt know it was U...the tithe pastor grin grin grin
Well am still waiting for an answer ohhh....whether u be petra1 or not... cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by openmine(m): 7:22pm On Jan 28, 2017
petra1:

See who is talking?
A guy who is asking for honesty yet cant even answer a simple question about his tithe beliefs...U even hide under another moniker...who are you fooling...?
The case is closed for U cos u cant prove or defend ur beliefs..Simple!

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Gombs(m): 8:38pm On Jan 28, 2017
Candour:

See the scripture below

Hebrews 7:8 KJV
And here men that die receive tithes; but there he receiveth them , of whom it is witnessed that he liveth.

What do you think the bolded portion means with respect to your obvious good knowledge of English language? Past tense or past continuous? Are you still going to argue with the bible on its specificity as it concerns this particular incident? wink

Where does Bible indicate that Abraham paid tithes again and to whom?

Candour.. I can understand why you can't answer me.. It's OK bro wink
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Gombs(m): 8:39pm On Jan 28, 2017
petra1:

A man must stay where his conviction is. If you don't believe in what they teach , find your place . If not you can't be blessed

Exactly sir
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Gombs(m): 8:42pm On Jan 28, 2017
petra1:

Jealous? Wetin consign" you. Freedom of association. You get your buddies don't you?

FA far far fa FOUL! . It's carnal of you to think that way. Tithes is one of the least givings . I'm serious . 10% May look big in your eyes but for givers it's the least . Some of us even give more than the 10% as tithes . Because it just looks so small . I personally reverted back to 10% since it's what God demanded . I can channel money to other projects . The free will giving is far higher than tithes . People give lands and cars . People give millions for Gods work. What is common 10%? Didn't you hear how people bought plane for their pastor? How much tithe will buy that.

They think it's tithing that keeps the church.. How carnal
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by petra1(m): 8:43pm On Jan 28, 2017
openmine:

See who is talking?
A guy who is asking for honesty yet cant even answer a simple question about his tithe beliefs..

I've told you what to do

U even hide under another moniker...who are you fooling...

That's not nice . Hide for who? Don't you have another moniker?

The case is closed for U cos u cant prove or defend ur beliefs..Simple!

All these because of one question grin grin grin grin

Gombs!! . . . See what I'm saying .
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Gombs(m): 8:45pm On Jan 28, 2017
petra1:

Ah... I know them na... Wella

They'd rather deactivate than admit. E fi trash le fun LAWMA grin grin cheesy
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by petra1(m): 8:51pm On Jan 28, 2017
plainbibletruth:

The simple truth tithers need to realize is this: ALL that we need to know in order for us to live our spiritual life under the NEW COVENANT have been given to us by those COMMISSIONED by Christ to do so - the Apostles.

If TITHING is as serious as today's tithers are painting it to be it would have been a recurring theme in the epistles. The plain truth is that it is not.

Everything in Gods kingdom is serious. Tithes ,offerings ,prayers ,alms giving etc. One obedience doesn't supplant the other.

That is why tithers resort to the Old Testament to look for any STRAW they can get hold of to soothe their consciences that it's ok for them to still mandatorily tithe.

It's non givers who looks for straw to cover their their consciences. Tithers don't complain.

It needs to be emphasised again that THERE'S NO MANDATORY TITHING UNDER THE NEW COVENANT.

"It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be BURDENED again by a yoke of slavery" Galatians 5: 1

Nobody says tithing is mandatory. Nothing is mandatory . There's difference between necessity and mandatory. Your worship of God is still within your will power to do or not to do.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Candour(m): 8:54pm On Jan 28, 2017
Gombs:

Candour.. I can understand why you can't answer me.. It's OK bro wink

So that's all you can say after rummaging through scriptures and not finding anything to support your stance? cheesy

See as I dey lookatew wink
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by petra1(m): 8:54pm On Jan 28, 2017
Gombs:

. E fi trash le fun LAWMA grin grin cheesy

grin grin grin grin

Ta ló ń kó omo mala ni yooba?
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by BERNIMOORE: 9:26pm On Jan 28, 2017
Candour:

So that's all you can say after rummaging through scriptures and not finding anything to support your stance? cheesy

See as I dey lookatew wink
Nothing to hold on, they are hell bent on cherry-picking selected tithe law, they are bent on misleading, but objective readers can easily discern their lustful greedy motives, kudos to All on this page standing by the truth, no one is saying that you shouldn't donate to the church but don't call it tithe because we are not under curse but grace
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by plainbibletruth: 9:38pm On Jan 28, 2017
petra1

Everything in Gods kingdom is serious. Tithes ,offerings ,prayers ,alms giving etc. One obedience doesn't supplant the other.

ANYTHING SERIOUS in the Word of God that the Christian needs to comply with is SPECIFICALLY mentioned in the epistles. Anything not stated there as REQUIRED of the Christian is UNIMPORTANT - TITHING INCLUDED.

It's non givers who looks for straw to cover their their consciences. Tithers don't complain.

I want to think that you're old enough as a Christian to know that the issue is not about us. It is about God. Did Uzzah complain when he wanted to help God with stabilizing the Ark? Did God accept his non-complaint? The issue is not whether tithers are excited about doing it or not, the issue is are they doing God's will?

Nobody says tithing is mandatory. Nothing is mandatory . There's difference between necessity and mandatory. Your worship of God is still within your will power to do or not to do.

Let us not go into semantics and grammar like Gombs tried to do with i think Candour. What is the difference between NECESSITY AND MANDATORY? Hardly any difference.
Merriam Webster Dictionary:[i][/i]
necessity - something that you must have or do: something that is necessary.
necessary - so important that you do it or have it : absolutely needed.
So, what is your take?

When you guys switch to using 'eternal principles' to push tithing you are actually saying that it something established from before time to be observed. And when you do that are you not saying it is MANDATORY and not left free will decision?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by BERNIMOORE: 11:11pm On Jan 28, 2017
Gombs:

Figure it out
on page 15 this is what you said below;

Gombs:

But... Tithe is a tenth of all your increase. God asked for it.

It was clearly before the law... Do you know what order of priesthood Jesus is of?

You earlier claimed in your post that "Jesus belong to an order of priesthood" but failed to tell us "the order of priesthood" it is very important to this discussion because of the The strange claim that Abraham paid tithe"through that strange priesthood order" so tell us the"priesthood order" that Jesus belong Are you happy now!
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Gombs(m): 11:38pm On Jan 28, 2017
petra1:

I've told you what to do

That's not nice . Hide for who? Don't you have another moniker?

All these because of one question grin grin grin grin

Gombs!! . . . See what I'm saying .

Hehe.. It was anticipated na... grin
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Gombs(m): 11:40pm On Jan 28, 2017
petra1:

grin grin grin grin

Ta ló ń kó omo mala ni yooba?

Jesu noni, sir

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (38) (Reply)

When Your Boyfriend/girlfriend Is Disturbing You For Sex / Pastor Adeboye Asks His "Son" To Sack His Secretary / Former Catholic Reverend Sister Weds A Policeman (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.