Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,329 members, 7,888,048 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 06:15 PM

The Grass Cutting Contract That Landed SGF Babachir In Trouble (Photos) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Grass Cutting Contract That Landed SGF Babachir In Trouble (Photos) (58180 Views)

SGF Babachir Lawal Reacts To His Suspension, Speaks To State House Reporters / How SGF, Babachir Lawal Was Suspended Inside Osinbajo’s Office / President Buhari Suspends SGF Babachir Lawal And DG NIA Ayodele Oke (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Grass Cutting Contract That Landed SGF Babachir In Trouble (Photos) by Proudlyngwa(m): 4:04pm On Jan 08, 2017
Lescalier:
250million or what is the figure. Shouldn't they be using bulldozers or tractors?

Bulldozers or tractors don't work in swamp.
To hire a swamp Bogey is 250,000 a day.
Re: The Grass Cutting Contract That Landed SGF Babachir In Trouble (Photos) by Nobody: 4:18pm On Jan 08, 2017
kam nukwa
Re: The Grass Cutting Contract That Landed SGF Babachir In Trouble (Photos) by spartan50(m): 4:21pm On Jan 08, 2017
Enice:
I am not saying SGF is right or wrong but this method of cutting would be far more beneficial to the immediate local econmy than using a mechanized method (swamp buggy) as this method would create employment to the men in the area which will also boost petty trading.
So if you use cutlass to clear you would spend 200 million to pay for labor as your SGF has done . In the south labor is 3k per day. An average of 66,000 men would be needed for the job. But I can barely see up to 20 men there.. Please let's be honest he stole the money.. This year we no go gree for them.. Enough?!!!

1 Like

Re: The Grass Cutting Contract That Landed SGF Babachir In Trouble (Photos) by Jesusloveyou: 4:31pm On Jan 08, 2017
ScotsReferendum:

Did you see Jonathan in your dream

This is about Buhari's government and not Jonathan

Go and rear your cattle. angry
don't mind me.
If mosquitoes bite me, I blame your ineffectual buffoon
He is the cause of anything affecting us till tomorrow, until he and his cohort return my money.

1 Like

Re: The Grass Cutting Contract That Landed SGF Babachir In Trouble (Photos) by Obdk: 4:39pm On Jan 08, 2017
emekaxy:

Even Native doctor self don employ technology to market him product and services but a registered technology firm is using cutlass in place of technology.....

Issorite

I dey tells you
Re: The Grass Cutting Contract That Landed SGF Babachir In Trouble (Photos) by Worksunlimited: 4:41pm On Jan 08, 2017
obiremy:
More

What would you do if you were neck deep in this kind of water and u start feeling something pulling on your poor testicles?
Re: The Grass Cutting Contract That Landed SGF Babachir In Trouble (Photos) by defash8: 4:57pm On Jan 08, 2017
Babachir should resign, not because the contract sum but for awarding to a company that he has interest & ICT based. He lacks moral justification, trying to justify the amount is like medicine after death.
Re: The Grass Cutting Contract That Landed SGF Babachir In Trouble (Photos) by GMBuhari: 5:06pm On Jan 08, 2017
Noblesoul123:
@ OP,

Nobody said he looted funds.

As a govt official, he was accused of abuse of office by awarding contracts to a company in which he is a major stakeholder.

Such an act is also a form of corrupt practise.

That's OBT obtaining by trick , he awarded himself the contract, that's corruption
Re: The Grass Cutting Contract That Landed SGF Babachir In Trouble (Photos) by Malawian(m): 5:13pm On Jan 08, 2017
i thought the grass in question was meant to be inside an IDP camp? warisdis on display?
Re: The Grass Cutting Contract That Landed SGF Babachir In Trouble (Photos) by ArabMopol(m): 5:25pm On Jan 08, 2017
and they will tell us there is no green grass in north for their cattle's, may thunder fire any EDIOT that want grazing land in East
Re: The Grass Cutting Contract That Landed SGF Babachir In Trouble (Photos) by Enice(m): 5:33pm On Jan 08, 2017
spartan50:

So if you use cutlass to clear you would spend 200 million to pay for labor as your SGF has done . In the south labor is 3k per day. An average of 66,000 men would be needed for the job. But I can barely see up to 20 men there.. Please let's be honest he stole the money.. This year we no go gree for them.. Enough?!!!
GET SOME SENSE please, this is 2017. Learn to comprehend before dishing out your vile. Did you not read where I wrote that "I am not saying the SGF maybe right or wrong"? Come to think of it, you saw a picture and you assumed there are 20 men. You did some calculation and arrived at some rubbish. Have you seen the terms of the contract? Do you know if they are in teams of 20? Or if that is what you could see from the picture. Do you know for what period (six month, a year, two years etc) the contract is to run? Do you know the area in square meters to be cut down and the amount charged per square meter? Do you know the length of the place, the dangers involved etc? These and so many other questions you don't know. Yet you are quick to judge. The only thing you can say now is that it is wrong for the SGF to award himself a contract. Even at that. We are still waiting for the outcome of the investigation.

1 Like

Re: The Grass Cutting Contract That Landed SGF Babachir In Trouble (Photos) by ogtavia(m): 6:48pm On Jan 08, 2017
one would think it's only in Nigeria grasses grow along waterways and to cut/clear them you need to use cutlasses and manual labour...I weep for this country...and worst of all...he is trying to make us believe what he did is legitimate....why do these people assume Nigerians are stupid...
Re: The Grass Cutting Contract That Landed SGF Babachir In Trouble (Photos) by jo997: 7:10pm On Jan 08, 2017
Wentin concern technologists company with the job ordinarily should be executed by a civil/works firm.. someone wants to defend that corrupt SGF.

by awarding that contract to a firm he has interest in, that means his share percentage is assured, the same firm will still award the contract to another firm and collect its share b/coz the job is not their line of work.

Hence the contract will be bloated b/coz of greed and same corruption we all are talking about.
Re: The Grass Cutting Contract That Landed SGF Babachir In Trouble (Photos) by akigbemaru: 7:12pm On Jan 08, 2017
Crass cutting
Re: The Grass Cutting Contract That Landed SGF Babachir In Trouble (Photos) by ikwikwi: 8:16pm On Jan 08, 2017
obiremy:
Popular social media user IG Wala from Gombe who took a fact finding tour at the scene of grass cutting saga that landed SGF Babachir in trouble.According to him,facts on ground revealed that Babachir did not loot the funds meant for the contract as wrongly portrayed by the media.Below is what he wrote...

'See how water channels/canals are opened allowing water to flow between Hadejia Nguru down to Gashua straight into Lake Chad.
IS THIS MERE GRASS CUTTING?'

What do you think?
This is a serious but difficult job. Cutting of water line occupied by weeds is not easy. The advantage out weighs the criticisms

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2017/01/see-photos-from-grass-cutting-contract.html?m=1
Re: The Grass Cutting Contract That Landed SGF Babachir In Trouble (Photos) by gidlight(m): 8:31pm On Jan 08, 2017
waoooooo. i thought they use the money to clear IDP camp. #225m no fit be grass money ooooo, beside that place no look like IDP camp
Re: The Grass Cutting Contract That Landed SGF Babachir In Trouble (Photos) by samofson: 8:47pm On Jan 08, 2017
Enice:
have you read the terms of the contract? Do you know if it is for clearing and maintenance for a certain period of time?

Clearing and maintenance will also mean removal ...it's not a garden that u just trim...it's a water way to be used for irrigation.
Re: The Grass Cutting Contract That Landed SGF Babachir In Trouble (Photos) by babestella: 8:55pm On Jan 08, 2017
Royalfurnitures:
There are forces against the man and they just used the grass cutting contract to get at him. So I fell.

Pls check out my signature for quality and durable furniture

I am yet to connect cutting grass in a swampy canal with IDP camps where the grasses were said to have been cut.

What is wrong with people who try all they can to cover up this level of corruption, why Nigeria. Even a lunatic knows that this is not near to any IDP camp, how and why connect this picture with the grass cutting contract.

This looks like a make up photo exercise to show some proof, but it failed totally before arrival. Shame.
Re: The Grass Cutting Contract That Landed SGF Babachir In Trouble (Photos) by osubair(m): 9:49pm On Jan 08, 2017
Aboki's are mad people. You mean they are defending this rubbish?! I would have become a billionaire now with all my grass cutting right from my primary school days.
Re: The Grass Cutting Contract That Landed SGF Babachir In Trouble (Photos) by Nobody: 10:00pm On Jan 08, 2017
MEDICINE AFTER DEATH
Re: The Grass Cutting Contract That Landed SGF Babachir In Trouble (Photos) by Noblesoul123: 10:47pm On Jan 08, 2017
omogin:
God bless the mother that bore you very well
GOD bless you dear
Re: The Grass Cutting Contract That Landed SGF Babachir In Trouble (Photos) by spartan50(m): 8:08am On Jan 09, 2017
Enice:
GET SOME SENSE please, this is 2017. Learn to comprehend before dishing out your vile. Did you not read where I wrote that "I am not saying the SGF maybe right or wrong"? Come to think of it, you saw a picture and you assumed there are 20 men. You did some calculation and arrived at some rubbish. Have you seen the terms of the contract? Do you know if they are in teams of 20? Or if that is what you could see from the picture. Do you know for what period (six month, a year, two years etc) the contract is to run? Do you know the area in square meters to be cut down and the amount charged per square meter? Do you know the length of the place, the dangers involved etc? These and so many other questions you don't know. Yet you are quick to judge. The only thing you can say now is that it is wrong for the SGF to award himself a contract. Even at that. We are still waiting for the outcome of the investigation.
The honest truth nothing would happen to him... Terms of contract you say? So you have teams of 20 everywhere in that bush? O boy open your eyes.. Be constructive in your judgement.. Even if he was to use machines he would prefer to use cheap labour.. Keep supporting mediocrity. Young minds come 2019! No need for all this old men who use old sense..
Re: The Grass Cutting Contract That Landed SGF Babachir In Trouble (Photos) by Enice(m): 8:43am On Jan 09, 2017
spartan50:

The honest truth nothing would happen to him... Terms of contract you say? So you have teams of 20 everywhere in that bush? O boy open your eyes.. Be constructive in your judgement.. Even if he was to use machines he would prefer to use cheap labour.. Keep supporting mediocrity. Young minds come 2019! No need for all this old men who use old sense..
stop opening that smelly pile hole you call a mouth. For God sakes, are you there? Even if it is just 20 men do you know for what period the contract is to run? No. The STFU.
Re: The Grass Cutting Contract That Landed SGF Babachir In Trouble (Photos) by Enice(m): 8:55am On Jan 09, 2017
samofson:

Clearing and maintenance will also mean removal ...it's not a garden that u just trim...it's a water way to be used for irrigation.

by maintenance, I mean maintaining the water way that have been cleared for a certain period of time. Or don't you know that in less than 3months, the path way would most likely be covered by weed again? Then it would all be a wasted effort.
Re: The Grass Cutting Contract That Landed SGF Babachir In Trouble (Photos) by Reptyle(m): 9:46am On Jan 09, 2017
In all sincerity, it was wrong for the contract to be awarded to a company in which the SGF had a stake...even if the value of the contract is worth the amount it was awarded for.

It is unethical and constitutes a conflict of interest for an official to award a contract to a company he owns or has shares in. Period!!!
Re: The Grass Cutting Contract That Landed SGF Babachir In Trouble (Photos) by spartan50(m): 2:02pm On Jan 09, 2017
Enice:
stop opening that smelly pile hole you call a mouth. For God sakes, are you there? Even if it is just 20 men do you know for what period the contract is to run? No. The STFU.
your brain eludes you Bro... You are so stupid and irresponsible in your argument... Grow up then talk to me
Re: The Grass Cutting Contract That Landed SGF Babachir In Trouble (Photos) by Enice(m): 2:37pm On Jan 09, 2017
spartan50:
your brain eludes you Bro... You are so stupid and irresponsible in your argument... Grow up then talk to me
yeah. As usual. We know them. S!lly bas.tards !nbreeds whose sole trade is to spread their legs wide. Prost!tudes
Re: The Grass Cutting Contract That Landed SGF Babachir In Trouble (Photos) by spartan50(m): 2:40pm On Jan 09, 2017
Enice:
yeah. As usual. We know them. S!lly bas.tards !nbreeds whose sole trade is to spread their legs wide. Prost!tudes
this is what you need!
Re: The Grass Cutting Contract That Landed SGF Babachir In Trouble (Photos) by Phobia1: 11:34am On Jan 10, 2017
this is even worse. why put people in such water(canal)? while u can easily get that done by hiring a company with machinery to do that. This is more like enslaving this people in their own country. Somebody almost drown in that picture over there. #NONSENSE

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Okija Shrine: No Longer A Bee-hive Of Activities For Politicians (photos) / Nigerian Troops Nab Boko Haram’s Major Drugs, Logistics Suppliers — Army (Photos / Abacha, 54, Dies, Buried In Kano - Throwback Guardian Newspaper Headline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.