Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,308 members, 7,887,906 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 04:11 PM

N5,000 Stipend: How We Identified Beneficiaries – Presidency - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / N5,000 Stipend: How We Identified Beneficiaries – Presidency (27058 Views)

Please Who Has Benefitted From The N5,000 Stipend To Nigerians? / Libya Returnee Rejects Obaseki’s Monthly Stipend; Libya Best Place To Work (pic) / Fayose Is Right! Federal Govt Lied about the N5,000 Stipend. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N5,000 Stipend: How We Identified Beneficiaries – Presidency by thunderbabs: 11:44am On Jan 09, 2017
See how dem dey explain the process like final year student wey dey do hin Research work....

Either way, my project supervisor would ve asked you to go back and use another Empirical method.

The method the FG used is called sidelining the vulnerable in the cities and its unacceptable grin

Wailers in d house, i talk ur mind?

1 Like

Re: N5,000 Stipend: How We Identified Beneficiaries – Presidency by obyrich(m): 11:46am On Jan 09, 2017
I thank God non of the South Eastern states is on the list of 'the most poverty stricken states' in Nigeria. Chukwu Okike Abiama ekele m gi o. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: N5,000 Stipend: How We Identified Beneficiaries – Presidency by Everblazinggg(f): 11:46am On Jan 09, 2017
EKITI,KWARA,OSUN and OYO

Biko what do they all have in common? lipsrsealed
Re: N5,000 Stipend: How We Identified Beneficiaries – Presidency by jrusky(m): 11:49am On Jan 09, 2017
Mr presidency you better what you can not finish. To give light, good road, electricity, good economy you claimed to be broke and you failed to do but want to start N5,000 please are you alright in senses

1 Like

Re: N5,000 Stipend: How We Identified Beneficiaries – Presidency by PBundles(m): 11:54am On Jan 09, 2017
What a f'ed up country. We have issue with priorities. we want to give assistance, yet we have workers that havent been paid for months. we want to give assistance, yet we cant pay pensioners. we want to give assistance yet dont have the tools in place to stop ghost workers. You do realize that this payment cannot be checked to see who should receive and will soon find its way to the pockets of non deserving or non existent. Last but not least, with a minimum wage of 18k, with the inflation sky rocketing, what the h@ll is 5k going to do. Its like give a cancer victim panadol.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: N5,000 Stipend: How We Identified Beneficiaries – Presidency by lordizak(m): 11:57am On Jan 09, 2017
Khd95:
may day!

Wailing wailer spotted,i repeat wailing wailer spotted
to them bubu can never achieve any good,but they shall be shamedgrin

i reckon u watch too many war movies and play to many games

1 Like

Re: N5,000 Stipend: How We Identified Beneficiaries – Presidency by bettercreature(m): 11:58am On Jan 09, 2017
Khd95:
may day!

They are reducing by day after collecting the 30.000 naira stipend
The one above you is just one of the remaining hungry mofos
Re: N5,000 Stipend: How We Identified Beneficiaries – Presidency by lordizak(m): 11:58am On Jan 09, 2017
kodded:
[s][/s]

as usual, they will troop in here to celebrate mediocrity...

have you ever been more than average?

...no wonder we are in recession today, the president will budget billions if not trillions for themselves alone, while they give we the masses mere N5000 and you call it a good thing ?

..I shame for you angry
Re: N5,000 Stipend: How We Identified Beneficiaries – Presidency by pressplay411(m): 12:02pm On Jan 09, 2017
Khd95:
may day!

Truth be told, the N5000 was promised to the youth during campaign.
Guess they realised it was better suited for the poor, bearing in mind youths inclusive.

The level of poverty sweeping across the nation is apocalyptic. Hopefully this project isn't mismanaged as usual.
Re: N5,000 Stipend: How We Identified Beneficiaries – Presidency by Nobody: 12:03pm On Jan 09, 2017
softMarket:
Before election he said he's gonna pay All youths 5thousand!

Now he's talKing something am not understanding!!
You actually believed that? We all know that's not even feasible.
Re: N5,000 Stipend: How We Identified Beneficiaries – Presidency by psalmsjob: 12:04pm On Jan 09, 2017
softMarket:

Those who need it most are getting it. At all at all na him bad pas. Before PDP and GEJ will pack all these money and give it to one person that doesn't need it but wants it anyway.

But I'm not surprised some people even blame God for what he does. "You should have left us in Egypt" the said to him.
Re: N5,000 Stipend: How We Identified Beneficiaries – Presidency by Nobody: 12:05pm On Jan 09, 2017
Everblazinggg:
EKITI,KWARA,OSUN and OYO

Rusted roof?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: N5,000 Stipend: How We Identified Beneficiaries – Presidency by ayopo10(m): 12:07pm On Jan 09, 2017
Imagine the height of balderdash... This is not a sustainable intervention... You just want to breed more liabilities for the state.... Whether Buhari likes it or not, schemes like this breed corruption.... That fact that the selection still buoys down to highly subjective opinions of local community leaders is laughable.... No clear cut parameters.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: N5,000 Stipend: How We Identified Beneficiaries – Presidency by africanusvu(m): 12:13pm On Jan 09, 2017
If d 5k is for d poor,.THEN count igbo states out.cos.i knw avarage igboman see being seen as poor as a course and mark of laziness.mark it.south east may nt benefit frm this,5k is too smal 4 an igbo man to beg for
Re: N5,000 Stipend: How We Identified Beneficiaries – Presidency by africanusvu(m): 12:18pm On Jan 09, 2017
obyrich:
I thank God non of the South Eastern states is on the list of 'the most poverty stricken states' in Nigeria. Chukwu Okike Abiama ekele m gi o. cheesy
,My brother God forbid.pls gvt shld go on and marginalise us in this one,we arnt.and cant beg for food.chukwu amankwe
Re: N5,000 Stipend: How We Identified Beneficiaries – Presidency by Enyimbamercedes: 12:30pm On Jan 09, 2017
In summary:
1. The 5000 naira is per household and not per individual
Yet again another poorly thought out intervention. This is not a Conditional Cash Transfer because i cannot see any condition the beneficiaries have to fulfill other than being poor and destitute in order to receive the 5000 naira. Ideally, A CCT intervention is designed to lift the household out of poverty by encouraging them to perform some sort of poverty alleviating activity in exchange for payment. 5000 naira cannot lift a household out of poverty!!!
A well thought out CCT programme would ideally have two components: A Basic Income Guarantee (B.I.G). This can be the 5000 naira given per household however after they have satisfied certain conditions i. e must have Children in school or must be involved in some income generating activity already. This can be given for 2 years or whatever duration of time and it basically guarantees the household a basic income...as the name implies. After 2 years, the second phase, a Poverty Reduction Accelerator Investment (PRAI) is given to households. This will be a bulk sum of money to be used to boost their business or start one. This could be a sure way of lifting households out of poverty...in theory

1 Like

Re: N5,000 Stipend: How We Identified Beneficiaries – Presidency by plamonee: 12:30pm On Jan 09, 2017
Based on our nation statistics and prevalent socio economic conditions, this is the based approach. The beneficiaries are participants in the selection process. I don't think if there any method that will yield a better result given the objective of the scheme.
Re: N5,000 Stipend: How We Identified Beneficiaries – Presidency by erico2k2(m): 12:30pm On Jan 09, 2017
Khd95:
may day!

Why don you address his/her concerns instead of being mischievous angry
Re: N5,000 Stipend: How We Identified Beneficiaries – Presidency by Nobody: 12:32pm On Jan 09, 2017
well he made a move.. 2nd promise fulfilled.. but wait.. how do we have a poverty map for each state and Nigerians do not know about it and have not seen it.. I smell a consultant's hands in this matter. Criteria for identifying the poor in such a short time... where is the demographics on poverty and population..
Re: N5,000 Stipend: How We Identified Beneficiaries – Presidency by SmartyPants(m): 12:35pm On Jan 09, 2017
softMarket:

They have created Npower and now this payment to the needy and you are still here making a spectacle of your intransigence?
Re: N5,000 Stipend: How We Identified Beneficiaries – Presidency by Nobody: 12:35pm On Jan 09, 2017
this is just hogwash, there is no proof to indicate that the beneficiaries are really genuine. i mean, the local govt chairmen could call all his relatives, family members, family friends and include them as part of the beneficiaries. the selection process is just shaddy.
Re: N5,000 Stipend: How We Identified Beneficiaries – Presidency by erico2k2(m): 12:42pm On Jan 09, 2017
SmartyPants:

They have created Npower and now this payment to the needy and you are still here making a spectacle of your intransigence?
So you sincerely think N5k is what the despirate poor in our society need ?
Re: N5,000 Stipend: How We Identified Beneficiaries – Presidency by SmartyPants(m): 12:43pm On Jan 09, 2017
kodded:
[s][/s]

as usual, they will troop in here to celebrate mediocrity...

...no wonder we are in recession today, the president will budget billions if not trillions for themselves alone, while they give we the masses mere N5000 and you call it a good thing ?

..I shame for you angry

The job of the government is not to give handouts to the people. in any case, how much should be given to the masses for doing nothing? in a country of 170 million if 5, 000 is given to just 0.6% of the population (one million people) that is 5 billion naira already. So how much again do you want to be given to the masses?
Re: N5,000 Stipend: How We Identified Beneficiaries – Presidency by killsmith(f): 12:45pm On Jan 09, 2017
APC and propaganda.....#smh
Re: N5,000 Stipend: How We Identified Beneficiaries – Presidency by SmartyPants(m): 12:48pm On Jan 09, 2017
erico2k2:

So you sincerely think N5k is what the despirate poor in our society need ?

Obviously. It is better to teach a man how to fish than to give him fish but it is of no use if he dies of hunger before he has learnt to fish!

This is the impact of this move:

Economic

1. Billions of naira injected into the consumer market will stimulate spending and production, and growth
2. Poverty levels will be reduced. People can add this little amount to the little they already have and it may be just enough to push them above the poverty line

Social

1. Crime rate will be reduced
2. Trust in government will be increased. People will be less inclined to dodge paying taxes

Now, you tell me what it is that you think the poor need and how the previous administration provided it.
Re: N5,000 Stipend: How We Identified Beneficiaries – Presidency by fuckingAyaya(m): 12:51pm On Jan 09, 2017
na thunder go settle ur case last last

Re: N5,000 Stipend: How We Identified Beneficiaries – Presidency by fuckingAyaya(m): 12:52pm On Jan 09, 2017
Everblazinggg:
EKITI,KWARA,OSUN and OYO

port holes on the face

Re: N5,000 Stipend: How We Identified Beneficiaries – Presidency by erico2k2(m): 12:57pm On Jan 09, 2017
SmartyPants:

Obviously. It is better to teach a man how to fish than to give him fish but it is of no use if he dies of hunger before he has learnt to fish!

This is the impact of this move:

Economic

1. Billions of naira injected into the consumer market will stimulate spending and production, and growth
2. Poverty levels will be reduced. People can add this little amount to the little they already have and it may be just enough to push them above the poverty line

Social

1. Crime rate will be reduced
2. Trust in government will be increased. People will be less inclined to dodge paying taxes

Now, you tell me what it is that you think the poor need and how the previous administration provided it.
There is. Only one thing we Need In Nigeria that will sort both the poor and the rich
We need ELECTRICITY
Even if it takes the FG 2 years to achieve %20 I say go for it.see if people don't get employed . This is not an issue of now. And then FG . It's an issue of leadership . We need the Engine of Nigeria to start and that needs power . The FG is buying into the idea of welfare states when the Rich nations are trying to get out of it.
Re: N5,000 Stipend: How We Identified Beneficiaries – Presidency by Lilimax(f): 12:58pm On Jan 09, 2017
In some cases, people have said it’s the number of times they eat, it’s the number of times the fumes of firewood go up from the house, the size of farmland or type of crops grown, etc.” shocked

Just negodu one of the criteria for selection undecided embarassed
O di egwu!!!
Re: N5,000 Stipend: How We Identified Beneficiaries – Presidency by dealbest: 12:59pm On Jan 09, 2017
Yahoo yahoo government
Re: N5,000 Stipend: How We Identified Beneficiaries – Presidency by vhickky(f): 12:59pm On Jan 09, 2017
Oildichotomy:
I just read the mumbo-jumbo and the almost seamless process of identifying the poorest and one question comes to mind.
In this same Nigeria really?

Federal Officials ---- State Officials --- LG Officials? And it was that smooth? And according to the report, the parameters used in determining the poor varies and depends of things like "smoke oozing from their kitchen" and the World Bank database was two years ago? For a country with no database of it citizens, all these shows elements of Dunce and archaic approach to economic matters, I'm very sure USA and many developed countries did something like this in 1700's

Sigh!!!

So many holes in this welfare charade? Anyways, this is what you get when a young upwardly mobile country elect a septuagenarian as a President!
No sir, you obviously didn't get the process, the poor households would be identified by the Community members themselves, using the parameters that define poverty in their area..... Poverty is relative, a man can have 10,000 naira and claim to be poor, another can have 10 naira and still claim to be poor..... The question is how do they define poverty in that community?, is is about the number of times they eat in an household, or the number of times firewood fumes comes out in their Compound, in a typical poor community this is a sure indication that they are actually cooking in that household...... Please read more on community based targeting to understand sir.......

... NB: an household can also be defined as a family.....
Re: N5,000 Stipend: How We Identified Beneficiaries – Presidency by Lilimax(f): 1:00pm On Jan 09, 2017
ayopo10:
Imagine the height of balderdash... This is not a sustainable intervention... You just want to breed more liabilities for the state.... Whether Buhari likes it or not, schemes like this breed corruption.... That fact that the selection still buoys down to highly subjective opinions of local community leaders is laughable.... No clear cut parameters.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Biggest Losers In Nigeria Politics Since 1999 / Dan Anyiam Stadium Owerri Glows For Ihedioha / Police Clash With IPOB Members In Ebonyi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.