Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,059 members, 7,949,633 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 02:37 PM

How Many Engagment Rings? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Many Engagment Rings? (722 Views)

Who Makes The Choice Of Wedding Rings / Why Do Nigerian Married Women Discard Their Wedding Rings Too Early? / Do Polygamists Wear Wedding Rings? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Many Engagment Rings? by naijatoday: 9:14pm On Nov 23, 2009
In Nigeria when a guy proposes to a girl, does he give her a ring?

I am asking because in Nigeria we have Engagement ceremony were rings are exchanged. Is it the same ring that is exchanged or does the guy buy another engagement ring?

because I see some people (Nigerians) that their boyfriend proposed to them with rings and I just wonder will the boyfriend give another one during the engagement ceremony and wedding.
Re: How Many Engagment Rings? by posakosa(m): 9:15pm On Nov 23, 2009
Same ring.
Re: How Many Engagment Rings? by naijatoday: 9:17pm On Nov 23, 2009
posakosa:

Same ring.

So she gives him the ring back before the engagement ceremony?
Re: How Many Engagment Rings? by Fhemmmy: 9:17pm On Nov 23, 2009
So the man will propose to the babe and she agrees and the man gave her a ring.
Then, on the engagement day, the man will tell the babe to give him the ring and now pretend to the whole world that they are giving ring to each other again?
Re: How Many Engagment Rings? by Fhemmmy: 9:18pm On Nov 23, 2009
na wa oh
if that is the case, why cant they just get rid of giving ring at the ceremony then?
Re: How Many Engagment Rings? by posakosa(m): 9:19pm On Nov 23, 2009
naijatoday:

So she gives him the ring back before the engagement ceremony?

yup. and on the wedding day, he adds another ring. But for engagement its the same ring.
Re: How Many Engagment Rings? by posakosa(m): 9:19pm On Nov 23, 2009
Fhemmmy:

Then, on the engagement day, the man will tell the babe to give him the ring and now pretend to the whole world that they are giving ring to each other again?

yup--- rightly so grin grin grin
Re: How Many Engagment Rings? by naijatoday: 9:22pm On Nov 23, 2009
Fhemmmy:

i was thinking the same thing.

I am sure their are some people who will buy a better and more expensive ring for the engagement ceremony
Re: How Many Engagment Rings? by Fhemmmy: 9:31pm On Nov 23, 2009
naijatoday:

i was thinking the same thing.

I am sure their are some people who will buy a better and more expensive ring for the engagement ceremony

I will at least assume there will be some people that will buy a separate ring and the woman can tell the stories with each ring and not faking giving of rings while they just cajoling us.
Re: How Many Engagment Rings? by mamagee3(f): 9:43pm On Nov 23, 2009
As many as possible. tongue
Re: How Many Engagment Rings? by Fhemmmy: 10:01pm On Nov 23, 2009
mama-gee:

As many as possible. tongue

But they seems to be recycling same ring in Nija now
Re: How Many Engagment Rings? by mamagee3(f): 1:13am On Nov 24, 2009
Fhemmmy:

But they seems to be recycling same ring in Nija now

This one you dey stalk me everywhere
Wetin happen
? undecided
Re: How Many Engagment Rings? by Nobody: 1:42am On Nov 24, 2009
^^ he digs your style
Re: How Many Engagment Rings? by posakosa(m): 2:00am On Nov 24, 2009
mama-gee now thinks everyone is stalking her--- funny! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: How Many Engagment Rings? by Fhemmmy: 2:08am On Nov 24, 2009
Now i have been labelled oh . . . . . yeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
How many rings is what we talking about, na something else, this madam dey yarn oh
posakosa:

mama-gee now thinks everyone is stalking her--- funny! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

See me see peace oh
Re: How Many Engagment Rings? by TheSeeker(m): 3:30am On Nov 24, 2009
5 rings.
Re: How Many Engagment Rings? by foyeks2001(f): 6:23pm On Nov 24, 2009
posakosa:

Same ring.

same ring
Re: How Many Engagment Rings? by iice(f): 6:31pm On Nov 24, 2009
3 rings

(1) (Reply)

Debt Solution / How Do You Deal With A Wife Who Steal Your Money / Her Parents Love Her The More because She Makes $1500 Weekly Frm Her Private Buz,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.