Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,569 members, 7,888,836 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 04:21 PM

Your Advice On The Brand Of Car For A Starter - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Your Advice On The Brand Of Car For A Starter (6309 Views)

Mazda 121 For A Starter In Abuja Call 08100392181 N180,000 / Jump Starter To Charge Your Car Battery,laptops,phones,and Tablets Anywhere / Cost Of Car Shipment To Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Advice On The Brand Of Car For A Starter by wilsonjay: 1:46am On Nov 24, 2009
I everybody please i will need your help on the brand of car that will be appropriate for a starter, that is somebody who want to use car for the fiesrt time. bearing in mind the following

1. cost of maintanance
2. Fuel economy
3. cost of spare part etc

Your advice will highly be appreciated.
Re: Your Advice On The Brand Of Car For A Starter by Fhemmmy: 1:48am On Nov 24, 2009
I will suggest a Toyota Corolla or an Honda Civic.
They are compact.
Great on fuel.
Mechanical knowledge in Nigeria is great
Availability of parts is not a problem.

Good luck
Re: Your Advice On The Brand Of Car For A Starter by wilsonjay: 2:04am On Nov 24, 2009
@fhemmy ,
thanks so much, but can i get any of these within the budget of 400k,even if is fairly used. some told me to go for AUDI 1.8 THAT VERY COMMON one i cant get the year. saying its very rugged.
Re: Your Advice On The Brand Of Car For A Starter by Fhemmmy: 2:24am On Nov 24, 2009
I am not familiar with Nigeria's resell prices.
Re: Your Advice On The Brand Of Car For A Starter by diehard1: 4:05pm On Nov 24, 2009
toyota or honda products are ok, the audi is ok but design looks too old. Better buy one dat has not been used here in naija if you can afford one, cause if you get a problematic car, u don enter am.
Re: Your Advice On The Brand Of Car For A Starter by Nignog: 1:02pm On Nov 25, 2009
get a motorcycle and an umbrella
Re: Your Advice On The Brand Of Car For A Starter by bandely(m): 1:06pm On Nov 25, 2009
Nignog:

lol! and how about Helmet? grin grin grin
Re: Your Advice On The Brand Of Car For A Starter by azeezengr(m): 1:15pm On Nov 25, 2009
''I will suggest a Toyota Corolla or an Honda Civic.
They are compact.
Great on fuel.
Mechanical knowledge in Nigeria is great
Availability of parts is not a problem.'' This is a
good advice plus buy a vehicle in good state. If ur cash is not enough now, cool down and save more. Don't rush and buy scrap
Re: Your Advice On The Brand Of Car For A Starter by dozai: 1:26pm On Nov 25, 2009
Get urself a toyota dude. u will be happy u did. but if u cannot afford it, get a keke napep. its confy and reliable too. After all its all means of transportation
Re: Your Advice On The Brand Of Car For A Starter by jerryland: 1:27pm On Nov 25, 2009
@Fhemmmy, good advice.
@Wilsonjay, dont rush because of budget and bug a car. Else, you will wonder and ponder!
Re: Your Advice On The Brand Of Car For A Starter by luv2talk(m): 1:36pm On Nov 25, 2009
I think MAZDA product is very economical,i was told it doesnt comsume much fuel
Re: Your Advice On The Brand Of Car For A Starter by totalfact(m): 1:57pm On Nov 25, 2009
The Incomparable efficacy and efficiency of AUDI 80- especially for first time
Dear all, you can only imagine the all round value of Audi 80- in term of any thing you can think about!
Merci mallami!
Try Audi 80- You shall surely see the goodness in car- called Audi 80
Re: Your Advice On The Brand Of Car For A Starter by Smi1(m): 2:11pm On Nov 25, 2009
I suggest you can go for keke maruwa if you really want a cheap stuff for a start and it doesnt consume much fuel hehe smiley
Re: Your Advice On The Brand Of Car For A Starter by Igwe9(m): 2:18pm On Nov 25, 2009
Nignog:

cry cry cry cry

guess you ain't looking for a family car, else with that budget of yours or little amount added to it, you'd be good to go with toyota corolla ( First lady), honda civic or even Toyota carina , the only snag here is the availability as the year models are almost out of stock.
I wish you all the best!
cool smiley
Re: Your Advice On The Brand Of Car For A Starter by CarlosVent(m): 2:19pm On Nov 25, 2009
go for Toyota products u wil find everything u need there
Re: Your Advice On The Brand Of Car For A Starter by saydfact(m): 2:51pm On Nov 25, 2009
TOYOTA CAMRY IS THE MOST EFFICIENT CAR, CONSIDERING COST, COMFORT, AVAILABILIY ETC, BUT IF ITS TOO COSTLY THEN TRY COROLLA OR OTHER TOYOTA PRODUCT, @WORST HONDA ACCORD OR GOLF, lipsrsealed kiss lipsrsealed
Re: Your Advice On The Brand Of Car For A Starter by sandee575(f): 3:00pm On Nov 25, 2009
Avoid having "buyers regret". Do this:

1. Choose Japanese i.e, Toyota, Nissan, Honda.
2. Buy a fresh "tokunbo" thats not been driven on Nigerian roads.
3. Budget some 400-500k for good results.
4. Dont rush into buying, take your time.
Re: Your Advice On The Brand Of Car For A Starter by Nobody: 3:03pm On Nov 25, 2009
dozai:

Get urself a toyota dude. u will be happy u did. but if u cannot afford it, get a keke napep. [/b]its confy and reliable too. [b]After all its all means of transportation

LWKMD. but its the plain truth.
Re: Your Advice On The Brand Of Car For A Starter by Nobody: 3:04pm On Nov 25, 2009
Rolls Royce, Phantom or an S Class mercedes benz, very very fuel economical and comfortable, mechanic every where even in my village, call 08021354685
Re: Your Advice On The Brand Of Car For A Starter by Agbero1: 3:28pm On Nov 25, 2009
how much are we really looking at here
Re: Your Advice On The Brand Of Car For A Starter by mrofficial(m): 3:40pm On Nov 25, 2009
not looking at the comments, na toyota go full pass. even if u make pole.
Re: Your Advice On The Brand Of Car For A Starter by platinumnk(f): 3:53pm On Nov 25, 2009
@topic- Honda Accord. cool

or a Nissan Altima grin
Re: Your Advice On The Brand Of Car For A Starter by katreena: 3:55pm On Nov 25, 2009
beware of stolen cars dat just want to b discarded. u know now. wink
Re: Your Advice On The Brand Of Car For A Starter by Nobody: 4:05pm On Nov 25, 2009
bandely:

lol! and how about Helmet? grin grin grin

LWKMD!

with 400k you can get an, ummm, **scratches head**, brb,
Re: Your Advice On The Brand Of Car For A Starter by server34(m): 4:08pm On Nov 25, 2009
Can someone help me too. . .choose between a Kia Sportage (2009) or Honda Accord (2009) as your only / everyday car.
Re: Your Advice On The Brand Of Car For A Starter by dilkarrish: 4:52pm On Nov 25, 2009
Ijapa-volkswagen beetle!!!!
Re: Your Advice On The Brand Of Car For A Starter by cecegorz(m): 4:53pm On Nov 25, 2009
wilsonjay:

@fhemmy ,
   thanks so much, but can i get any of these within the budget of 400k,even if is fairly used. some told me to go for AUDI 1.8 THAT VERY COMMON  one i cant get the year. saying its very rugged.

Most of  the pieces of advice on here talks about current rides.
His budget makes nonsense of all your inputs because a car of that amount must have had all of its juices squeezed away by the previous owners.  grin  grin  grin

You will need to search like hell to get a car that is still worth its Engine at that amount, of course it must be an 80's to early 90's made.
Re: Your Advice On The Brand Of Car For A Starter by GTay(m): 4:55pm On Nov 25, 2009
server34:

Can someone help me too. . .choose between a Kia Sportage (2009) or Honda Accord (2009) as your only / everyday car.

Grab the Honda and forget you ever heard of the word Sportage   cool

But this also depends on where you're staying, and working as well
Re: Your Advice On The Brand Of Car For A Starter by Jarus(m): 5:08pm On Nov 25, 2009
server34:

How is orange comparable with apple. I'll go with Honda Accord(2009) anyday.
Re: Your Advice On The Brand Of Car For A Starter by skynylaw: 5:20pm On Nov 25, 2009
go for a japanese car, like mitsubishi.
Re: Your Advice On The Brand Of Car For A Starter by sassyril(f): 5:30pm On Nov 25, 2009
ma guy
go get ursef
a Nissan Micra (M,N,P) reg
1. its v.cheap
2. its a fuel miser
3. even if it fails MOT n u av 2 scrap it, it wont pain u
tongue
Re: Your Advice On The Brand Of Car For A Starter by server34(m): 5:32pm On Nov 25, 2009
Jarus:

How is orange comparable with apple. I'll go with Honda Accord(2009) anyday.

lol @ Orange and Apples. Actually, there's a feeling that comes with a jeep which I wanna feel. Also cos of d bad roads in naija, I think a jeep will do. The Kia Sportage is more fuel efficient, and d Honda Accord is everywhere in lagos  angry

Yeah am confused, but my mind seems set on d Sportage. I just need someone to agree with me so I don't look like d only stupid one. . .pleaseeee!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2012 Toyota Avalon Luxury Saloon Car / price reduce now 1.8m Clean tok Benz E Class 4matic 2006 / »»» Toks Wrangler 018 @ N26.5M Negotiable «««

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.