Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,881 members, 7,915,533 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 05:58 AM

BREAKING: I Didn’t Send Anybody To Receive Bribe – Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: I Didn’t Send Anybody To Receive Bribe – Jonathan (777 Views)

Osinbajo: The Only Reason I Would Resign, I Didn’t Beg To Be VP / It Is Insanity For Anybody To Wish Buhari To Continue Beyond 2019 - Igbo Youths / BREAKING: I Must Tell Nigerians The Hidden Truth About Buhari -obasanjo Speaks O (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

BREAKING: I Didn’t Send Anybody To Receive Bribe – Jonathan by DONSMITH123(m): 6:41pm On Jan 10, 2017
Niyi Odebode and Ifeanyi Onuba

Former President Goodluck Jonathan on Tuesday said he did not send the Chairman of AA Oil, Abubakar Aliyu, or any other person to collect bribe in the $1.3bn Malabu oil deal.

Jonathan, who stated this in a statement in Abuja by his Media Adviser, Ikechukwu Eze, said that the negotiations and transactions for the $1.3bn oil deal involving oil giants ENI and Royal Dutch Shell, predated his Presidency, which began on May 6, 2010.

He stated, “We make bold to point out that the former President never sent any Abubakar Aliyu, as the innuendoes in the false report suggest, to ENI, the IOCs or any indigenous operator to seek favour or collect any gratification on his behalf.”

Jonathan faulted news reports, which indicated that he received kickbacks in the $1.3bn oil block deal involving oil giants ENI and Royal Dutch Shell.

He stated, “We wish to make it clear that former President Jonathan was not accused, indicted or charged for corruptly collecting any money as kickbacks or bribes from ENI by the Italian authorities or any other law enforcement body the world over.”

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, had a few weeks ago filed seven counts bordering on the Malabu scam against nine defendants, including the immediate past Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Mr. Mohammed Adoke (SAN).

Other accused persons named in the charges, filed by the EFCC, are Etete, Aliyu Abubakar, Malabu Oil & Gas Limited, Rocky Top Resources Limited, Imperial Union Ltd., Novel Properties & Development Company Ltd., Group Construction Ltd. and Megatech Engineering Ltd.

The Malabu oil scam, which has been under investigation for over four years, relates to the billions of dollars paid by oil giants, Shell and ENI, into a Federal Government account, for OPL 245, considered the richest oil block in Africa.

The money was allegedly diverted by Adoke and paid into private accounts

Details later

Cc: lalasticlala, Mynd44

http://punchng.com/breaking-didnt-send-anybody-receive-bribe-jonathan/
Re: BREAKING: I Didn’t Send Anybody To Receive Bribe – Jonathan by yeyeboi(m): 6:43pm On Jan 10, 2017
Ok
Re: BREAKING: I Didn’t Send Anybody To Receive Bribe – Jonathan by crown777(m): 6:46pm On Jan 10, 2017
Lol.. Daft excuses.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: I Didn’t Send Anybody To Receive Bribe – Jonathan by sarrki(m): 6:46pm On Jan 10, 2017
We know

Mama peace is collecting on your behalf

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: I Didn’t Send Anybody To Receive Bribe – Jonathan by ProudArewa: 7:04pm On Jan 10, 2017
Jonathan was a failure

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: I Didn’t Send Anybody To Receive Bribe – Jonathan by GMBuhari: 7:28pm On Jan 10, 2017
He didn't send Dasuki to collect $2.1B

Or Patience whose several accounts are filled to the brim to collect "donations" grin grin for her charity up to 1Trillion in Fidelity bank and $175M in skye bank

Or

This guy nor get shame abeg
Re: BREAKING: I Didn’t Send Anybody To Receive Bribe – Jonathan by Alariwo2: 7:30pm On Jan 10, 2017
Useless man.. so who sent them
you should have resigned so we would have known we had no president

Bastard buffoon
Re: BREAKING: I Didn’t Send Anybody To Receive Bribe – Jonathan by DONSMITH123(m): 8:22pm On Jan 10, 2017
Lalasticlala, mynd44
Re: BREAKING: I Didn’t Send Anybody To Receive Bribe – Jonathan by lalasticlala(m): 8:43pm On Jan 10, 2017

(1)

Concern Mounts Over Chief Justice, Olanipekun Weighs In / Throwback Sunday: Oba Of Lagos Akiolu Threaten To Drown Igbos In Lagos Lagoon / Attention! Images used to announce Nigerians' protest in UK are fake and old

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.