Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,424 members, 7,908,296 topics. Date: Thursday, 01 August 2024 at 11:21 PM

Bishop David Oyedepo On His Retirement - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop David Oyedepo On His Retirement (1171 Views)

The Idiocy Of Attacking Oyedepo On CAMA, By Emmanuel Onwubiko / Bishop Oyedepo On Bribery: I Will Make Sure You Lose Your Job / Jindu John Nwabudike And Oyedepo On Jet Ride: My Cameras Will Never Remain Same (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bishop David Oyedepo On His Retirement by adegunwa4real(m): 8:54pm On Jan 10, 2017
The General overseer of living faith church worldwide Bishop David oyedepo told the congregations today that he has no plan to retire prior to the rumour making round that the clergy man is to follow in the retirement trend.

Read the extract from his statement below

BISHOP OYEDEPO ON RETIREMENT
"If you heard or saw anything in the newspapers or anywhere that the G.O has retired, it's a lie of the devil. In our spiritual family tree we don't retire. Someone asked Kenneth Copeland " are you stepping down", he replied, 'no I'm stepping up'. Copeland ministered for 6 hrs straight at 80 yrs of age." Men and brethren settle down and enjoy my being here. I'm going to be here for a very long time. I spoke to my father in the Lord ( Pastor Adeboye ) in person and he said let them enjoy the confusion for a moment'.
I believe in the covenant of 120yrs. I can preach for 10 services now and that proves I have many more years before I go. If you hear anything, it's illegal and not passed into law. I'm not serving or earning anything from any body or government. No government can determine the constitution of the church and they know. I was called by God into the prophetic in 1981 and the apostolic ministry in 1992. No authority or law can frustrate an apostolic calling if it's from God. Forget my height oo. All the demons in Nigeria know who's who. Just relax."

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo On His Retirement by casttlebarbz(m): 8:58pm On Jan 10, 2017
am just not feeling these GOs anymore...
its high time d government start taxing these religious plc
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo On His Retirement by ruggedadventure(m): 8:58pm On Jan 10, 2017
shocked shocked shocked
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo On His Retirement by peacesamuel94(m): 8:59pm On Jan 10, 2017
good reply, government played no role in his calling into ministry, and cannot force him to step down. Ministry is a life time thing, and not some sort of government job.

1 Like

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo On His Retirement by thesicilian: 9:03pm On Jan 10, 2017
True men of God don't retire

1 Like

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo On His Retirement by Solowande(m): 9:06pm On Jan 10, 2017
I so much love dis guy. He's always on point

1 Like

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo On His Retirement by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:07pm On Jan 10, 2017
Ride on Sir ! cool

1 Like

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo On His Retirement by Solowande(m): 9:11pm On Jan 10, 2017
adegunwa4real:
All the demons in Nigeria know who's who. Just relax."
in other word bubu and co are all demons
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo On His Retirement by Mrsprof(f): 9:16pm On Jan 10, 2017
They joy of the Lord is your strength sir and to every genuine servants of God.

1 Like

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo On His Retirement by chiefolododo(m): 9:22pm On Jan 10, 2017
Religion seems not to interest me anymore

(1) (Reply)

The Bible Has Been Corrupted / Weeping May Endure For A Night, But Joy Cometh In The Morning / The Second Coming Of Jesus: Metaphor Or Literal?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.