Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,139 members, 7,977,281 topics. Date: Thursday, 17 October 2024 at 02:21 AM

Forced To Swear With The Bible - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Forced To Swear With The Bible (773 Views)

Bayelsa Girl Forced To Marry Hausa Muslim Lover / Swear If You Never Did This: Why Then Beating Ur Kid For It? / I was Locked In a Room For 7 Months and forced to marry Him: Wife tells judge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Forced To Swear With The Bible by axeman85(m): 1:52pm On Nov 24, 2009
guy.girls/married/single whats your take on this ?

In my earlier posts, i posted a topic about a friend of mine who loves his babe very much and she too is in love with the guy in return. but due to tribal differences, igbo/yoruba the girl from anambra the guy from yoruba and broken home. good job in uk and financiall ok to a reasonable standard.

when the girls parents found out about their relationship, the father disagreed and treathen to disown the girl and too cut the long story short they are giving the girl serious issues

my guy spoke to his babe this morning at aproximately 8:00am, to speak about them and to know whats going on and the girl told him that her parents forced her to swear with the bible to break the relationship

so my guy told the girl that as long as she was forced to do it then she hasnt made any promises and what she did doesnt count.

so my question is this. what she was forced to do does it make a diffeerence if she still continues with the relationship ?
Re: Forced To Swear With The Bible by Charchar(f): 2:08pm On Nov 24, 2009
Why would ones parents use the bible in the first place to make her give up something that might be of Gods will in the first place. That is 2009 and people need to change. I think if she knows he is the right man for her she should stick with him. People are forgiving for anything they ask forgiveness for. ? Here let me ask this, are her parents gonna ask to be forgave for using the bible to thier favor?
Re: Forced To Swear With The Bible by axeman85(m): 2:12pm On Nov 24, 2009
Charchar:

Why would ones parents use the bible in the first place to make her give up something that might be of Gods will in the first place. That is 2009 and people need to change. I think if she knows he is the right man for her she should stick with him. People are forgiving for anything they ask forgiveness for. ? Here let me ask this, are her parents gonna ask to be forgave for using the bible to thier favor?

my sister i am really suprised myself. because the way the girl talk or her parents. they are xtians who pray and worship God seriously but for them to do what the did is just very sad. very very sad. even the bible forbids it as well as the human laws.

this has made the girl so confused as she is torn inbtw 2 worls her parents and her guy
Re: Forced To Swear With The Bible by Charchar(f): 2:21pm On Nov 24, 2009
This is truly so sad. Over here is so different because of way of tradition and stuff. When I married my husband it was hard as well. His family made it hard too. He told me that if his father were still alive he might not have married me because of the old school way. That is why I find it such a sad thing for her. I hope she sticks with her man as long as she knows he is the real deal I would go for it. Does his family have a problem with it? She will be forgivin in the end.
Re: Forced To Swear With The Bible by axeman85(m): 2:26pm On Nov 24, 2009
Charchar:

This is truly so sad. Over here is so different because of way of tradition and stuff. When I married my husband it was hard as well. His family made it hard too. He told me that if his father were still alive he might not have married me because of the old school way. That is why I find it such a sad thing for her. I hope she sticks with her man as long as she knows he is the real deal I would go for it. Does his family have a problem with it? She will be forgivin in the end.

the guys people are ok with it but his mother didnt approve at first but the guy stood his ground and tol her its either she accepts the girl or she lumps it. and they mother had no choice but to accept her son wishes. seeing his mind is made up already.
Re: Forced To Swear With The Bible by Charchar(f): 2:33pm On Nov 24, 2009
Well her has made a stand for her. I also think she should make a stand. Does he live in Uk? Will she go to him there?
Re: Forced To Swear With The Bible by axeman85(m): 2:36pm On Nov 24, 2009
the guy lives in uk but has been to naija regularlr in fact 3 times this year alone he has gone to naija and he is moving back to naija to settle down, he has just recently gotten an apartment and they girl is overseeing the setting up of the place. but he has residency in uk so he can go and come back as he wishes. the girl is in naija
Re: Forced To Swear With The Bible by jaybee3(m): 2:40pm On Nov 24, 2009
axeman u sure say u r not the man in question? remember u went to naija 3 times dis year as well.

@post
Is she the only girl in the world? you are not yet married to her and you are already having dis sort of problems with her parents. Count your loss and move the heck on
Re: Forced To Swear With The Bible by Charchar(f): 2:45pm On Nov 24, 2009
I was just thinking that if she could go to the UK with him it wouldn't be such a big deal because of the life style there. Yes being in Nigeria as a woman without no family I am sure would be very hardbecause all she would have would be her man, woman over there I find need their famillies. What a terrible situation to be in. I wish them luck
Re: Forced To Swear With The Bible by axeman85(m): 2:49pm On Nov 24, 2009
jay bee:

axeman u sure say u r not the man in question? remember u went to naija 3 times dis year as well.

@post
Is she the only girl in the world? you are not yet married to her and you are already having dis sort of problems with her parents. Count your loss and move the heck on

lol well i said my friend,

she is not the only girl in this world but as they say love conquers all things. well my guy sees all these things the parents are doing as a mean of distraction but my guy isnt shaken at all.

when you find the right woman my guy you would make sure you hold on tight to it and not let it go.
Re: Forced To Swear With The Bible by axeman85(m): 2:50pm On Nov 24, 2009
Charchar:

I was just thinking that if she could go to the UK with him it wouldn't be such a big deal because of the life style there. Yes being in Nigeria as a woman without no family I am sure would be very hardbecause all she would have would be her man, woman over there I find need their famillies. What a terrible situation to be in. I wish them luck

i understand but my guy doesnt want all the hassles in the uk as due to his status she the girl if they get married can also come and go as she pleases.

thanks very much for your thoughts.
Re: Forced To Swear With The Bible by foyeks2001(f): 3:20pm On Nov 24, 2009
am bored in here
Re: Forced To Swear With The Bible by axeman85(m): 11:25pm On Nov 24, 2009
then go back the way you came.
Re: Forced To Swear With The Bible by Fhemmmy: 1:33am On Nov 25, 2009
if you love the person enuf and sure that it is all cos f tribal nonsense that is making the parents to fume, i will go ahead and be with the woman that i love and damn the consequences and thank God he is not even living in Nija where they can see what is happening.
Re: Forced To Swear With The Bible by axeman85(m): 11:14am On Nov 25, 2009
@fhemmy

the guy is in uk, while the girl in question is in naija. and the guy is planning to relocate back to naija but in regards to police wahala the guy sef hold him ground.

(1) (Reply)

Father Of Triplets Moans ' God, This Blessing Is Too Much!' / Stepdads And Stepmoms: How Do You Addresses Them? / Men: 5 Lessons For Meeting More Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.