Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,863 members, 7,945,756 topics. Date: Wednesday, 11 September 2024 at 05:32 AM

Is Positioning Still Relevant In The Grading Of Students Academic Performance? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Is Positioning Still Relevant In The Grading Of Students Academic Performance? (323 Views)

Indian University Creates Cartoon Characters Of Students For Virtual Graduation / Nigerian Universities To Revert To Five Point Scale Of Grading System - NUC / 5 Categories Of Students Who Will Benefit From ASUU Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is Positioning Still Relevant In The Grading Of Students Academic Performance? by lexilla007(m): 3:54am On Jan 12, 2017
IS POSITIONING STILL RELEVANT IN THE GRADING OF STUDENTS PERFORMANCE?

When I was but a boy, I remember very vividly the days of my primary and secondary school education. I remember the times when I will prepare for exams for the sole reason that I want to come up first in class. I remembered so well my seemingly endless cries because of falling down the positioning order. I remember very good the day I cried because a gang of teachers scolded me for looking down on others who were below me when we saw our positions at the end of the term. I remember how badly I felt the day I failed my class by coming 2nd in a quiz contest. Ehn Ehn, I remember the needless drama between the smart ones of my classes the first week of the term because of last terms grades.
So numerous are those memories of the times when positions used to matter to we students. All of a sudden, our treasured battle line was taken from us. The positioning system was said to be outdated and abolished. The reasons for this, I don't still know until now. But I do know that the positioning system had thrills. Students do feel the need to do better when they are graded that way. It is a pity that this system is considered obsolete.
But I am an Open-minded person, I would like to listen to people who have an opinion to share.

Please is the positioning system no longer relevant in the grading of students?

If so, why?

Thanks as you share your view.

https://ogunleyeakinola./2017/01/12/thursday-talk-2/

(1) (Reply)

Introducing FRAGG Investment Management Limited. / ABIA STATE UNIVERSITY (absu)institute Of Arts And Science (ias)3rd Batch Adm Lis / Kastina University Bans Christian Associations,approves Muslim Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.