Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,255 members, 7,880,946 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 09:45 AM

I Am So Depressed - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Am So Depressed (3201 Views)

I'm So Depressed I'm Loosing Strength To Go On / I Am So Depressed Please Help Me....... / I Am Feeling So Depressed And May End This Life Soon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am So Depressed by trustworthy1(f): 9:33am On Jan 12, 2017
I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but I believe I will get a reasonable advice here. (Pls don't mind my grammer because am in a very sad mood). I will try and summarize my story. It happened that I gained admission in to one of the nigerian universities in 2010 to study one of this health professional courses. I repeated in my third year but had to pick up my broken pieces and forge ahead. I struggled and reached final year. My final was very hectic coupled with project ( I had to be going to hospital from time to time to collect samples and work on the samples) , clinical rotation and classwork. Frankly speaking, my university days (from second to final year) were my worst moment in my life as I did not enjoy a single bit of it. I am always moody but smile alot to cover up. The problem now is that I was asked to repeat again after failing just one course ( I did not fail the professional paper, I had distinctions in some of the courses). I have already packed out from where I lived in school as a student since my house rent had expired. It is important to note that repeat in this case means starting allover again to do all the courses you did in final year including clinical rotations and the ones you passed before. Also, the financial burden is not left out. I dont know how to disclose this infomation to my family members. The final year students that are affected have written to the faculty and they said they will look in to it. In this school, once the result is pasted, it remains like that unless through God's intervention. What should I do?
Re: I Am So Depressed by Mizzile: 9:37am On Jan 12, 2017
trustworthy1:
I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but I believe I will get a reasonable advice here. (Pls don't mind my grammer because am in a very sad mood). I will try and summarize my story. It happened that I gained admission in to one of the nigerian universities in 2010 to study one of this health professional courses. I repeated in my third year but had to pick up my broken pieces and forge ahead. I struggled and reached final year. My final was very hectic coupled with project ( I had to be going to hospital from time to time to collect samples and work on the samples) , clinical rotation and classwork. Frankly speaking, my university days (from second to final year) were my worst moment in my life as I did not enjoy a single bit of it. I am always moody but smile alot to cover up. The problem now is that I was asked to repeat again after failing just one course ( I did not fail the professional paper, I had distinctions in some of the courses). I have already packed out from where I lived in school as a student since my house rent had expired. It is important to note that repeat in this case means starting allover again to do all the courses you did in final year including clinical rotations and the ones you passed before. Also, the financial burden is not left out. I dont know how to disclose this infomation to my family members. The final year students that are affected have written to the faculty and they said they will look in to it. In this school, once the result is pasted, it remains like that unless through God's intervention. What should I do?

Talk to whoever U are closer to in your family cos u need their support now more than ever.
Re: I Am So Depressed by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jan 12, 2017
Failing one course in your final year in school is "spillover" which means you will repeat the final year by writing few courses to make up for the spill over. Try and explain this to your people.

1 Like

Re: I Am So Depressed by trustworthy1(f): 1:51pm On Jan 12, 2017
@ catalin repeat in this case means starting allover again to do all the courses you did in final year including clinical rotations and the ones you passed before. Thanks anyway
Re: I Am So Depressed by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jan 12, 2017
Step 1 way outta depression is to be open. Nobody would laugh at you if you state the course you're studying and the sch you're attending.

The repetition of courses and financial expenses involved is not the cause of d depression, you kinda have a depressive nature and any little hardship (which is part of life) just capitalises on that nature of yours to weigh you down

Wole Soyinka wasn't a sound student in his bachelor degree days but now he's an idol. You still have many yrs ahead to do well with. So don't let any challenge get hold of you. Just start looking for money and how to sit tight and do better this second time cus if you put all your faith in the petition written, it may fail you.

God will strengthen you.

3 Likes

Re: I Am So Depressed by Nobody: 5:30pm On Jan 12, 2017
trustworthy1:
@ catalin repeat in this case means starting allover again to do all the
courses you did in final year including
clinical rotations and the ones you passed
before. Thanks anyway
Of course I know that what it is.
Re: I Am So Depressed by Cutehector(m): 8:43am On May 31, 2018
trustworthy1:
@ catalin repeat in this case means starting allover again to do all the
courses you did in final year including
clinical rotations and the ones you passed
before. Thanks anyway
hey, how are you feeling now
Re: I Am So Depressed by enabledgoddess(f): 10:45am On May 31, 2018
You have to open up, if not, your depression will eat deeper. I understand how you feel and I have been there. My mistake was that I didn't open up early enough. Tell your parent. They might judge you, but brace up this phase will pass too. Is hard I know but prepare yourself for the rotation again, and try speak to who is in charge. Why would you be asked to write courses that you have passed ? As regarding your depression, your best bet is to speak up!

1 Like

Re: I Am So Depressed by Laralag: 10:57am On May 31, 2018
You will be fine poster, just think of 5years from now how this same situation and how you scaled through it will be an inspiration for others. When life gives you bitter leaf make bitter leaf soup but spice it up. Difficulties is there so that we can have our story to inspire others. Bikonu face the new challenge with new resolve, tell your parents (they love you no matter what, their reactions might say otherwise but, they do love and want the best for you)
Re: I Am So Depressed by Eberechi24(f): 2:14pm On May 31, 2018
my dear, you will do fine besides the faculty said they will look into it, don't you have hope anymore??

you have to open up to your people, you need their support now, brace yourself for anything they would say but don't let it define you

they may not judge you like you fear. just tell them and highlight the challenges you faced while in school too.
I believe the school management will do something about it.

are you the only one affected? No!! so chill
Re: I Am So Depressed by KanwuliaExtra: 2:29pm On May 31, 2018
Life is tough!
Play and Pray HARD! kiss
We all get depressed, but act out differently.

1. Find out what keeps you depressed.
2. Start planning how to get out of your depressed state.

No problem without solutions, and no condition is permanent but DEATH!

Valar Morghulis! kiss

3 Likes

Re: I Am So Depressed by trustworthy1(f): 9:04pm On Jun 01, 2018
Cutehector:
hey, how are you feeling now
I'm good thanks
Re: I Am So Depressed by trustworthy1(f): 9:08pm On Jun 01, 2018
Thanks all. it's now an old story. I'm doing my internship in a government hospital.

1 Like

Re: I Am So Depressed by nowpresence(f): 12:42pm On Jun 02, 2018
thank God for you Do you mind sharing how you came through
Re: I Am So Depressed by nowpresence(f): 12:42pm On Jun 02, 2018
thank God for you do you mind sharing how you came through
Re: I Am So Depressed by nowpresence(f): 12:43pm On Jun 02, 2018
thank God for you.

do you mind sharing how you came through
Re: I Am So Depressed by trustworthy1(f): 5:03am On Jun 03, 2018
nowpresence:
thank God for you.

do you mind sharing how you came through
My dear it wasn't easy, but with God and perseverance I later scaled through. Story for another day.

1 Like

Re: I Am So Depressed by nowpresence(f): 6:42am On Jun 03, 2018
trustworthy1:

My dear it wasn't easy, but with God and perseverance I later scaled through. Story for another day.
Alright dear
Thank God it all went well
Re: I Am So Depressed by ADUNOKIKI(f): 12:45am On Jun 04, 2018
My advice may be bad to some

.... If you are a Muslim get a powerful "Ogun isanye". If Christian......Pray and fast till you start that year again and finish ....you can break 3pm.... I have been in your shoes before..... God forgive me.... I used ogun isanye..... Read like mad..... Saw the result.....your problem might have spiritual undertone ....

Sometimes accenstral issue cant be underestimated.....
Re: I Am So Depressed by SilentBang(m): 9:15am On Jun 04, 2018
ADUNOKIKI:

.... If you are a Muslim get a powerful "Ogun isanye". If Christian......Pray and fast till you start that year again and finish ....you can break 3pm.... I have been in your shoes before..... God forgive me.... I used ogun isanye..... Read like mad..... Saw the result.....your problem might have spiritual undertone ....

Did you read through the thread ??

Didnt you notice this thread been over a year and half

And Try not to attribute bad times to Spiritual whatever... rather strife to find a way out.

trustworthy1. Your thread is a reminnder that Tough times dont last, but Tough people do... More grace.

1 Like

Re: I Am So Depressed by holluphemydavid(m): 10:59am On Jun 05, 2018
ADUNOKIKI:

did it work for u,i mean d ogun isoye? grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: I Am So Depressed by dayleke: 10:30pm On Feb 20, 2019
trustworthy1:
Thanks all. it's now an old story. I'm doing my internship in a government hospital.

I'm guessing it's Medical Laboratory tech(sciences)?

Right?
Re: I Am So Depressed by trustworthy1(f): 10:31pm On Feb 20, 2019
dayleke:

I'm guessing it's Medical Laboratory tech(sciences)?
Right?
No
Re: I Am So Depressed by dayleke: 10:33pm On Feb 20, 2019
trustworthy1:

No

Okies....
Just stumbled upon that thread...
Wish you luck anyhow.....
Be good now....
Re: I Am So Depressed by dayleke: 10:34pm On Feb 20, 2019
Hope u doing good now
Re: I Am So Depressed by trustworthy1(f): 10:45pm On Feb 20, 2019
dayleke:

Okies.... Just stumbled upon that thread... Wish you luck anyhow..... Be good now....
Thanks dear
Re: I Am So Depressed by Nobody: 10:55pm On Feb 20, 2019
trustworthy1:

Thanks dear

I'm glad you pulled through.

Was about to offer my advice when I realized the thread is 2yrs old.

All the best in your future endeavours.
Re: I Am So Depressed by Printerscanner: 11:55am On Feb 22, 2019
Sometimes God intentional hold you back, so the evil at your front will pass away before you continue your journey of life. Do you have God? If yes, then everything will be fine. Tell your parents, they will be angry but will get over it. But most importantly, pray more as you work more.
Re: I Am So Depressed by FlyingTOMATOE: 2:50am On May 12, 2019
trustworthy1:

we will all live to tell the best

(1) (Reply)

PERFUME GIFT SET For Men And Women / Be The Man And Protect Your Woman Against All Odds / This Life No Balance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.