Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,975 members, 7,873,136 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 08:32 AM

Fuel Subsidy Returns As Landing Cost Hits N145 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Subsidy Returns As Landing Cost Hits N145 (28035 Views)

Pump Price Increase Likely As Landing Cost Of Petrol ‘rises Above’ N145 / Former First Ladies Spent £32,000 As Landing Fees – Aisha Buhari / Fuel Price To Increase As Landing Cost Soars To N213 Per Litre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fuel Subsidy Returns As Landing Cost Hits N145 by bengoodcreature: 8:32am On Jan 15, 2017
Anti Christ govt, time will tell
Re: Fuel Subsidy Returns As Landing Cost Hits N145 by ScotsReferendum: 8:32am On Jan 15, 2017
Hope Afonjas are happy grin

A man who never added value to Daura was praised as a hero by Afonjas grin

3 Likes

Re: Fuel Subsidy Returns As Landing Cost Hits N145 by Nobody: 8:35am On Jan 15, 2017
Thank God I didn't vote for this government.GEJ please accept my apology for critizing you during 2012 subsidy palava and not voting you in 2015

6 Likes

Re: Fuel Subsidy Returns As Landing Cost Hits N145 by erico2k2(m): 8:40am On Jan 15, 2017
I told you lot that the fuel subsidy removal was a scam and that the FG can never ever remove subsidy .I also challenged everyone who did not agree with me to show me what country in this world where you can import fuels at landing cost of even N200 no one till date stepped up Now we know better.The Scam is Real guys.NNPC and the FG pulled a fast one.instead of them to fix the refinaries they where bent on importation which creates room for bigger fraud.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy Returns As Landing Cost Hits N145 by erico2k2(m): 8:41am On Jan 15, 2017
ScotsReferendum:
Hope Afonjas are happy grin

A man who never added value to Daura was praised as a hero by Afonjas grin
Ibori who is said to have quenched delta state managed to improve the lives of his LGA by %90
Re: Fuel Subsidy Returns As Landing Cost Hits N145 by ScotsReferendum: 8:42am On Jan 15, 2017
asuustrike2009:
Thank God I didn't vote for this government.GEJ please accept my apology for critizing you during 2012 subsidy palava and not voting you in 2015

Not accepted

You were part of those who deceived people then that Jonathan is evil. angry

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fuel Subsidy Returns As Landing Cost Hits N145 by zaimeg: 8:42am On Jan 15, 2017
Dindondin:

Enough of the blames.
what's the solution
Buhari is the problem. Bad luck and economic illiteracy follow am. Just remove him and see changes. Osibanjo would do a better job.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy Returns As Landing Cost Hits N145 by Nobody: 8:43am On Jan 15, 2017
ScotsReferendum:

Not accepted

You were part of those who deceived people then that Jonathan is evil. angry
Hahaaaaaaaaaa. Am regretting my actions now because I was moved by propaganda media house

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Subsidy Returns As Landing Cost Hits N145 by ScotsReferendum: 8:43am On Jan 15, 2017
erico2k2:

Ibori who is said to have quenched delta state managed to improve the lives of his LGA by %90

His government was better than that of Tinubu. cool

Ask Deltans cool
Re: Fuel Subsidy Returns As Landing Cost Hits N145 by adonis89(m): 8:43am On Jan 15, 2017
tuoyoojo:
world oil prices would go up, Nigeria's pump price would still increase

when oil prices appreciates,the pump prices still goes up

how long would it take to fix the refineries

is it so so difficult
do u know y de won't build d refinery? Bkoz ur so called leaders don't even believe in d one Nigeria de shout abt.cuz if de do, d likes of abacha and family won't build their refineries in equatorial Guinea, babangida won't build his own in ivory coast, obasanjo won't build his own in Philadelphia,amaechi won't build his own in Ghana. Bkoz it's bad business for dem

3 Likes

Re: Fuel Subsidy Returns As Landing Cost Hits N145 by Bizibi(m): 8:47am On Jan 15, 2017
There is something in that aso rock......the juju strong
Re: Fuel Subsidy Returns As Landing Cost Hits N145 by ajepako(f): 8:47am On Jan 15, 2017
Okeikpu:
Animal kingdom of a country
A place where gorillas are in control.....

Abeg..even gorilla get sense pass this government..

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy Returns As Landing Cost Hits N145 by Junior66(m): 8:48am On Jan 15, 2017
davodyguy:
There's nothing wrong in what's happening.

Let me quickly clarify before dumbass analyst start talking nonsense.

Where we were

Sometime in December, 2015 the price of crude oil per barrel dropped to about $32 and the exchange rate then was less than N300 to 1$. At that time, the government. Marketers were making profit, without subsidy being paid.

2016 first quarter

By mid January, the price of crude oil started rising, and that was the time CBN started their failed policy on exchange rate. What happened then was that as the crude oil price increased, exchange rate to dollar also increased. This made landing cost of refined products to go up. You would recall that we experienced scarcity till May, 2016 when subsidy was finally removed. Why? Cos product was sold. (PMS) at N87 per litre and the differential was paid to marketers as subsidy.

May, 2016

Subsidy was removed. Exchange rate is now over 300 naira to a dollar. Hence we started buying PMS per litre at N145.

NOV, 2016

International price of crude oil rose to $50 per barrel and exchange rate is over N400. The landing cost would automatically increase. But since PMS price is still being regulated and pegged, no marketer would import a product at N145 per litre and still sell below cost price.

JAN, 2017

In order to avoid two things

1) Fuel Scarcity
2) Increased PMS price

NNPC is now importing 90%. of daily consumption of PMS so that Nigerians would not suffer.

So I wonder how some dunce will insult NNPC, when they're actually saving you.

The only solution now is for CBN to do something about the exchange rate and things would be back to normal.

Price not per barrel is about $53-54 and exchange rate is over N400 naira.

Price may remain $54 or even go higher as we pray and hope for. CBN must do something about the exchange rate and allow drop back to 300 or below. If this is done, things would balance up
Any intervention by the CBN will deplete our precious scarce reserves. Remember free markets from elementary econs?

3 Likes

Re: Fuel Subsidy Returns As Landing Cost Hits N145 by kings09(m): 8:50am On Jan 15, 2017
Ask where is sarrki, madridguy, mrvitalis, omenka, hungerbad, seunmsg, ngeneukwenu, gmbuhari n their zombie team
ibkgab001:
Jesuuuuuu by the time APC finished with us ... Our brain would be reset back to normal

By the way , where is ibe kachiki

Where is olusegun baba sanjo

President Odun n Baku Buhari

Fashola where are thou

Tinubu will remain silent for ever

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fuel Subsidy Returns As Landing Cost Hits N145 by GMBuhari: 8:53am On Jan 15, 2017
kings09:
Ask where is sarrki, madridguy, mrvitalis, omenka, hungerbad, seunmsg, ngeneukwenu, gmbuhari n their zombie team

Has the FG said it yet?
Re: Fuel Subsidy Returns As Landing Cost Hits N145 by stone07(m): 8:53am On Jan 15, 2017
The same way they quietly increased electricity tariff.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Returns As Landing Cost Hits N145 by ajepako(f): 8:54am On Jan 15, 2017
Where are the resident zombies for fuuuck sake?!!!

We need them here ASAP to do thier thing...

How come only one zombie is on this thread to defend the geriatric as usual?

And he is even doing a shoddy job and incoherent in his defense...

Chai.....recession is gradually and steadily formating their brains...

As for us sane ones and non-zombies..WE shall survive....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fuel Subsidy Returns As Landing Cost Hits N145 by chronique(m): 8:55am On Jan 15, 2017
blackpanda:
[s][/s]

Easy to sit behinde blogs and type trash. Building a refinery is not d same as building a house. Govt lacks both the finance and tech to build refinery. Besides it was not buhari that put our refinery in comatose state. Jonathan had 6yrs to fix it. He didnt. So why should we have voted for him

Its easy for wailers to nag because thats d only thing they r good at. Nag and hate. But its still inside this recession that govt is building bridges, rail, fixing airport and providing social welfare scheme. Things previous regimes didnt do despite their huge resources at disposal. Instead they were dashing their friends billions of dollars!

I don't like when people like you try to twist things around and tell lies just to support buhari. Gej spent 5yrs and not 6yrs. Secondly, the manufacturers of the refineries we have, were invited to give a quote on how much it would cost to do a turn around maintenance and they said they couldn't do it cos the refinery was outdated and getting the parts were difficult. Another firm was invited and the cost given was bogus. At the end, govt decided to get local engineers to do it. They did a TAM but that didn't stop it from packing up. As a matter of fact, there were several TAMs done under Obasanjo but it only worked for a short while before packing up again and then going through another TAM and it became an avenue to siphone money from govt coffers.

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Subsidy Returns As Landing Cost Hits N145 by Dindondin(m): 8:59am On Jan 15, 2017
zaimeg:

Buhari is the problem. Bad luck and economic illiteracy follow am. Just remove him and see changes. Osibanjo would do a better job.
ok.
Progressive SouthWest Nigeria ll look into the matter. For now, we v cut off support for PMB
Re: Fuel Subsidy Returns As Landing Cost Hits N145 by bigfather(m): 8:59am On Jan 15, 2017
asuustrike2009:

Hahaaaaaaaaaa. Am regretting my actions now because I was moved by propaganda media house

I even saw you on TV that day shouting JONATHAN OLE OLE !

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Subsidy Returns As Landing Cost Hits N145 by enemyofprogress: 9:05am On Jan 15, 2017
psucc:
They should spare is these lies. it is obvious they are bent on price increase so let them do it.

It is our fault. How can a country with over 20m graduates decides to vote for an illiterate?
we don enter one chance with auto pilot cry cry cry
Re: Fuel Subsidy Returns As Landing Cost Hits N145 by fola001: 9:10am On Jan 15, 2017
sanandreas:
I see no changes
naso @2pac

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy Returns As Landing Cost Hits N145 by Nobody: 9:10am On Jan 15, 2017
asuustrike2009:

Next time, pay more attention to history. PMB has an unblemished record of failure.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Subsidy Returns As Landing Cost Hits N145 by Eazybay(m): 9:11am On Jan 15, 2017
Was it in d budget If
Re: Fuel Subsidy Returns As Landing Cost Hits N145 by zaimeg: 9:12am On Jan 15, 2017
Dindondin:
ok.
Progressive SouthWest Nigeria ll look into the matter. For now, we v cut off support for PMB
That would be a big fight. No matter how bad Buhari is performing, the North won't throw him under the bus unlike the South would do to their own. Good luck with that.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy Returns As Landing Cost Hits N145 by zaimeg: 9:13am On Jan 15, 2017
dearpreye:

Next time, pay more attention to history. PMB has an unblemished record of failure.
My brother, no be small record of failure oh.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy Returns As Landing Cost Hits N145 by fola001: 9:13am On Jan 15, 2017
Thanks to Almighty God for yahoo yahoo oooooooooquote author=fola001 post=52820203] naso @2pac[/quote]
Re: Fuel Subsidy Returns As Landing Cost Hits N145 by zaimeg: 9:14am On Jan 15, 2017
enemyofprogress:
we don enter one chance with auto pilot cry cry cry
Nigeria has been on auto pilot since May 29th 2015

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy Returns As Landing Cost Hits N145 by enemyofprogress: 9:16am On Jan 15, 2017
zaimeg:

Nigeria has been on auto pilot since May 29th 2015
cry cry cry cry
Re: Fuel Subsidy Returns As Landing Cost Hits N145 by Nobody: 9:16am On Jan 15, 2017
zaimeg:

My brother, no be small record of failure oh.

When the people vote in incompetent politicians, then they are no more victims, but accomplices.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Subsidy Returns As Landing Cost Hits N145 by kings09(m): 9:17am On Jan 15, 2017
As if we don't know how u n ur buhari operates. U roll out news to test reactions n soon progress to rumour level then down to d official pronouncement. Carry on. I hear kerosene go soon turn #1000 per litre
GMBuhari:

Has the FG said it yet?

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lagos Can't Generate VAT And Others Take 50℅ - Ambode / IMF Says Border Closure Negatively Impacting Benin, Niger Republics / Funke Cole: Arise TV Needs To Rise Above Mediocrity, Partisanship

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.