Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,861 members, 7,980,014 topics. Date: Saturday, 19 October 2024 at 11:32 PM

Great Benefits Of Blood Donation(check It Out) - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Great Benefits Of Blood Donation(check It Out) (947 Views)

Edo Hospital Rejects Hand Sanitizers Donation / Benefits Of Blood Donation- Virology Institute Of Nigeria / World Blood Donor Day: 5 Benefits Of Blood Donation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Great Benefits Of Blood Donation(check It Out) by Medicals100: 7:56am On Jan 16, 2017
Hello dear, welcome to another educative episode of thecliniq media
Donating
Donate

Have you ever donated blood before??

Have you ever been in a position where your blood group was the only one that could match that of the recipient?

Thecliniq
Have you ever donated blood and saved a life?

Thecliniq

When you hear that someone is in need of blood.. Let it be interpreted to you this way… Someone is in need of Life.

Myths on Blood Donation.
Some persons think that they will not have enough blood if they donate… Well, its false. You will with time.
Discard every form of myth you have in your mind about blood donation.

Health Benefits of Blood Donation.

1)PRESERVES CARDIOVASCULAR HEALTH

Blood viscosity is known to be a unifying factor for the risk of cardiovascular disease, says the Harvard Medical School Family Health Guide. How thick and sticky your blood is and how much friction your blood creates through the blood vessels can determine how much damage is done to the cells lining your arteries. You can reduce your blood viscosity by donating blood on a regular basis, which eliminates the iron that may possibly oxidize in your blood. An increase in oxidative stress can be damaging to your cardiovascular system.

Blood donation reduces the risk of heart attacks and strokes, too. In a study published in the Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA), researchers found that participants ages 43 to 61 had fewer heart attacks and strokes when they donated blood every six months. In a study published by the American Journal of Epidemiology, researchers found in a sample size of 2,682 men in Finland, those who donated blood a minimum of once a year had an 88 percent lower risk of heart attacks than those who did not donate.

The removal of oxidative iron from the body through blood donations means less iron oxidation and reduced cardiovascular diseases.

2)REDUCES THE RISK OF CANCER

The reduction of iron stores and iron in the body while giving blood can reduce the risk of cancer. Iron has been thought of to increase free-radical damage in the body and has been linked to an increased risk of cancer and aging, says a study published in the Journal of the National Cancer Institute. Researchers followed 1,200 people split into groups of two over the course of 4 ½ years. One group reduced their iron stores by blood donations twice a year, whereas the other group did not make any changes. The results of the study showed that the group of blood donors had lower iron levels, and a lower risk of cancer and mortality.

The Miller-Keystone Blood Center says that the consistency of blood donations is associated with lower risks of cancers including liver, lung, colon, and throat cancers due to the reduction in oxidative stress when iron is released from the bloodstream.

More here:
https://www.thecliniq.org/2016/12/medical-benefits-donating-blood/
Go and donate today i just did mine yesterday...

Re: Great Benefits Of Blood Donation(check It Out) by Nobody: 8:17am On Jan 16, 2017
Yes, I have donated before and mind you, I'm a general donor. Any blood group can survive with my blood.

1 Like

Re: Great Benefits Of Blood Donation(check It Out) by Medicals100: 8:20am On Jan 16, 2017
HateU2:
Yes, I have donated before and mind you, I'm a general donor. Any blood group can survive with my blood.

Keep it up bro
Re: Great Benefits Of Blood Donation(check It Out) by Nobody: 8:41am On Jan 16, 2017
Medicals100:

Keep it up bro
I'm a sis angry
Re: Great Benefits Of Blood Donation(check It Out) by GogetterMD(m): 8:52am On Jan 16, 2017
HateU2:
I'm a sis angry
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Smallie, howdy you?
Re: Great Benefits Of Blood Donation(check It Out) by Nobody: 8:55am On Jan 16, 2017
GogetterMD:

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Smallie, howdy you?
wrong message
Re: Great Benefits Of Blood Donation(check It Out) by GogetterMD(m): 12:18pm On Jan 16, 2017
HateU2:
wrong message
Oops! My bad!
Hi friend, how are you and how have you been?
Re: Great Benefits Of Blood Donation(check It Out) by Medicals100: 12:36pm On Jan 16, 2017
GogetterMD:

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Smallie, howdy you?

Ok dear
Re: Great Benefits Of Blood Donation(check It Out) by Nobody: 8:27am On Jan 17, 2017
GogetterMD:

Oops! My bad!
Hi friend, how are you and how have you been?
is this smellymouth
Re: Great Benefits Of Blood Donation(check It Out) by fxmmm: 8:51am On Jan 17, 2017
i love donation doing once in 3years
Re: Great Benefits Of Blood Donation(check It Out) by GogetterMD(m): 1:45pm On Jan 17, 2017
HateU2:
is this smellymouth
No, it's fresh breath
Re: Great Benefits Of Blood Donation(check It Out) by sainty2k3(m): 7:13pm On Jul 19, 2017
Wanted to write on this but I found someone did justice to it already.
Let's call on the mods..

(1) (Reply)

3 Ideas People Have About Exercise That Are Totally Wrong / Urgent Medical Help: Save Bar Paul Itua / Learn How To Treat Syphilis Naturally: 100% Effective

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.