Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,872 members, 7,980,047 topics. Date: Sunday, 20 October 2024 at 01:33 AM

S-south, S-east Muslims Protest Hijack Of Hajj List - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / S-south, S-east Muslims Protest Hijack Of Hajj List (789 Views)

Nigerian Navy Foils Hijack Of Maersk Ship, Rescues 25 Foreigners / Tambuwal Visits Families Of Hajj Stampede Victims In Sokoto (Pics) / Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

S-south, S-east Muslims Protest Hijack Of Hajj List by AloyEmeka6: 5:39am On Nov 26, 2009
S-South, S-East Muslims protest hijack of Hajj list
National NewsNov 26, 2009
By Emma Amaize

WARRI—MUSLIMS from the South-East and South-South geo-political zones have protested alleged marginalization against them and hijacking of the list of government-sponsored Muslims for Hajj by their northern counterparts.
In a statement made available to newsmen in Warri, Secretary-General of Muslims in the two zones, Muhammed Mustapha Wakama, stated that available statistics indicated that 90 percent of the beneficiaries were from the North.

Though they commended the governors from the two zones for their financial support, the South-East and South-South Muslims pleaded with them to include more Muslims who are natives of their respective zones as beneficiaries of government sponsorship in future.

“There is no gainsaying the fact that the reason most of this category of Muslims have been unable to perform pilgrimages to the Holy land of Mecca is because of their inability to muster the needed funds,” he said, adding that Muslims from the North would greatly assist the process of Islam if they could offer the indigenous Muslims who are largely first generation believers their places in the government-sponsored list.
“We also call on the Sultan of Sokoto, leader of the Muslim faithfuls in Nigeria, emirs and all well-meaning Muslims of this nation that Muslims of this region are mainly first generation and need support, assistance and encouragement, the blessing of Hajj from the people rather than uprising,” he asserted.

He explained that they were not against the sponsorship of Muslims from the Northern part of the country, but noted that such act should not be done at the detriment of others.
Adding that “Muslim is for all tribes and nations”
The Southern Muslims, however, thanked the governor of Kano State, Mallam Ibrahim. Shekarau, for his immense support.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2009/11/26/s-south-s-east-muslims-protest-hijack-of-hajj-list/
Re: S-south, S-east Muslims Protest Hijack Of Hajj List by THEAMAKA3(f): 5:42am On Nov 26, 2009
GAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH! shocked
Re: S-south, S-east Muslims Protest Hijack Of Hajj List by Nobody: 5:46am On Nov 26, 2009
shouldnt this be in the muslim section ?
Re: S-south, S-east Muslims Protest Hijack Of Hajj List by sjeezy8: 5:47am On Nov 26, 2009
damnnnnnn ijaw igbo calabar muslims lmfao calling on sultan of sokoto
Re: S-south, S-east Muslims Protest Hijack Of Hajj List by AloyEmeka6: 5:52am On Nov 26, 2009
Nigerian Atheists go soon ask for aid. It must be good to be muslim in Nigeria since the government can sponsor trips for you to go abroad and crawl around mount Arafat on your knees.
Re: S-south, S-east Muslims Protest Hijack Of Hajj List by mrperfect(m): 1:18pm On Nov 26, 2009
sjeezy8:

damnnnnnn ijaw igbo calabar muslims lmfao calling on sultan of sokoto
I think what they mean is Muslims like hausa and yoruba living in the south east and south south.
Igbo, calabar muslims ko
Re: S-south, S-east Muslims Protest Hijack Of Hajj List by citizenY(m): 1:23pm On Nov 26, 2009
@Aloy Emeka,

If you had no ulterior motive, you know where to post this.  No matter what creed or cult you
belong to, I must tell you that you lose respect and value when your pastime is bigotry and prejudice.
These two attributes are not only unproductive but destructive to the psyche. You begin to sound like
a broken record and you are identified as somebody with a one track mind and there are many of you in Nairaland.
Re: S-south, S-east Muslims Protest Hijack Of Hajj List by JNdupu: 1:36pm On Nov 26, 2009
Aloy~Emeka:

Nigerian Atheists go soon ask for aid. It must be good to be muslim in Nigeria since the government can sponsor trips for you to go abroad and crawl around mount Arafat on your knees.

Was this really necessary? By all means, criticize when people commit atrocities in the name of certain beliefs but to continue generalizing and being offensive to a creed is counterproductive. At a practical level, you are excluding yourself from the good wishes of at least half the population? Except of course you would want them banished from anywhere you stay?

I've never met you and only see your online persona but, as a muslim, I would not be inclined to relate to you in any way if I could as I would want to with any other fellow Nigerian (remember, Nairaland has other sections - jobs, business, properties etc) just through seeing these offensive posts. It might be water off a duck's back for you but think about it.
Re: S-south, S-east Muslims Protest Hijack Of Hajj List by Afam4eva(m): 1:39pm On Nov 26, 2009
Igbo muslims? hia,
Re: S-south, S-east Muslims Protest Hijack Of Hajj List by chosen04(f): 1:39pm On Nov 26, 2009
Aloy~Emeka:

Is that what they do? Naturally, Muslims from the south east should expect less govt sponsorship to hajj events.
Re: S-south, S-east Muslims Protest Hijack Of Hajj List by sjeezy8: 6:48pm On Nov 26, 2009
mrperfect:

I think what they mean is Muslims like hausa and yoruba living in the south east and south south.
Igbo, calabar muslims ko

NO It states .

offer the indigenous Muslims who are largely first generation believers their places in the government-sponsored list.

almost never seen a FIRST generation believer who is yoruba or hausa
Re: S-south, S-east Muslims Protest Hijack Of Hajj List by sjeezy8: 7:00pm On Nov 26, 2009
Since when were yoruba and hausa indignes and first generation belivers of islam in the South east?
ode boy! use your brain

This is funny as shiot and im christian lol
Re: S-south, S-east Muslims Protest Hijack Of Hajj List by Nobody: 7:03pm On Nov 26, 2009
the only people who can correctly be called first generation muslims are in saudi arabia, i should think.

quite a lot of blacks fled the arabic conquests and ended up in west africa.

someone correct me if i'm wrong.
Re: S-south, S-east Muslims Protest Hijack Of Hajj List by sjeezy8: 7:07pm On Nov 26, 2009
When they say first generation in the article they mean folks who are the first generation to convert to islam. Like from a christian family but the first generation to become muslim.

Just as they call Nigerians born in America first generation Americans,
Re: S-south, S-east Muslims Protest Hijack Of Hajj List by THEAMAKA3(f): 8:06pm On Nov 26, 2009
kai
cry
sjeezy. . . ummm. . .
Re: S-south, S-east Muslims Protest Hijack Of Hajj List by sjeezy8: 8:10pm On Nov 26, 2009
lol igbo muslims funny as shiot Nigeria is really becoming one Nigeria now lmfao
Re: S-south, S-east Muslims Protest Hijack Of Hajj List by THEAMAKA3(f): 8:11pm On Nov 26, 2009
sjeezy!!!
Re: S-south, S-east Muslims Protest Hijack Of Hajj List by sjeezy8: 8:12pm On Nov 26, 2009
yooo AMAKA i cannot stop laughing its toooo funny who knows the next igbo president can muslim.
Re: S-south, S-east Muslims Protest Hijack Of Hajj List by THEAMAKA3(f): 8:16pm On Nov 26, 2009
im not talking about that, im calling your name ooooo! angry cry

naw but there have been igbo muslims for a long time, but there not in large numbers just like im guessing there are hausa christians, right?
even Magz was talking about some of his igbo family being muslim. i dont think its anything new.
maybe some of them were previously in the north? idk.
but anyway. . .
SJEEZY!!!!
Re: S-south, S-east Muslims Protest Hijack Of Hajj List by AloyEmeka6: 8:17pm On Nov 26, 2009
I am sure this so called muslims among igbos are not up to 0.00001% of their population and they  have an agenda for adopting Islam 99% of the time. You can see one of the advantages of being a muslim in Nigeria. FG will be paying your trips abroad. I need to register with them very soon and collect my free ticket.
Re: S-south, S-east Muslims Protest Hijack Of Hajj List by sjeezy8: 8:18pm On Nov 26, 2009
its a good idea  grin

but its not needed the powers that be, only want someone to control regadless of tribe or religion. Obj was being controlled. IBB, Zik
so its nothing new.

Igbo president I see it now he might be who the east wants but there will definately be one
Re: S-south, S-east Muslims Protest Hijack Of Hajj List by THEAMAKA3(f): 8:20pm On Nov 26, 2009
^^^^
cry cry cry
Re: S-south, S-east Muslims Protest Hijack Of Hajj List by sjeezy8: 8:25pm On Nov 26, 2009
lol
Re: S-south, S-east Muslims Protest Hijack Of Hajj List by THEAMAKA3(f): 8:25pm On Nov 26, 2009
please fix that. tongue
Re: S-south, S-east Muslims Protest Hijack Of Hajj List by bibiking1(m): 8:29pm On Nov 26, 2009
Very interesting read! The chasm extends.,,
Re: S-south, S-east Muslims Protest Hijack Of Hajj List by Nchara: 8:40pm On Nov 26, 2009
Igbo muslims are fake. My cousin became a muslim when he wanted to get something from a northern big man. After 5 years and achieving all he wanted in full measures, he relocated to the south and became a christian (at least a church goer) again. As Aloy Emeka said, only 0.00000001% of Igbos are muslims and even those are fake.
Re: S-south, S-east Muslims Protest Hijack Of Hajj List by THEAMAKA3(f): 8:42pm On Nov 26, 2009
lol!! yeah
one of my extended cousins did that. well his parents did that. they gave him a hausa name (he had two names actually an igbo and a hausa).
they gave him the hausa name cause they wanted to see if they lived in the north, what kind of things he would get out of it. lol
same thing with pretending to be a muslim. lol
Re: S-south, S-east Muslims Protest Hijack Of Hajj List by paddylo1(m): 8:45pm On Nov 26, 2009
Though they commended the governors from the two zones for their financial support, the South-East and South-South Muslims

i never knew islam was native to both zones,matter of fact i have never met a muslim from anambra,imo or enugu state

(1) (Reply)

At Last, The Parcel Bomber Is Known / Court Freezes Erastus Akingbola's Assets / Richest Countries In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.