Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,329 members, 7,888,046 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 06:12 PM

What Ajimobi, His Daughter And Others Must Understand About Respect - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Ajimobi, His Daughter And Others Must Understand About Respect (436 Views)

Idris Abolaji Ajimobi Kisses His Wife, Fateema Ganduje, Grabs His Boob (Photo) / Governor Abiola Ajimobi & His Wife On A Yacht, All Loved Up (Photo) / Ajimobi, His Wife And Alao Akala Eating Together (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Ajimobi, His Daughter And Others Must Understand About Respect by AmuDimpka: 6:40am On Jan 17, 2017
Lately ,Ladoke Akintola University also known as LAUTECH is once more in news. This time it's not all about the ownership tussle between the twin states of Osun and Oyo , but between the students,whom we have learnt that have been at home for more than eight months doing absolutely nothing and wants their school to be re opened which has demonstrated their love for education and the Oyo state government headed by Mr. Ajimobi trying to talk them down. In an act that close watchers term as high handedness and ineptitude from Oyo Government.

“Your school being locked for eight months is no big deal. Is your school the first to be locked, if this is how you will come to talk to me, go and do your worst, I dare you,” Oyo state government position to the closed school.

The governor's response to he students agitation for their loved education institution to be opened too the nation and the world by supervised . When he asked a rhetorical question like " am I the one that closed the school ". This video can be likened to Mussolini action to the Italians and a form of tyrant administration ,whose only stock in trade is to talk down the opponents with brute instead of superior argument. That is the position of Oyo state government

Nigerians didn't expect to see such a grotesque dance of shame ,then came the canary or do we say the mockingbird of a daughter , Ajimobi daughter came out in defence of the father, as a loving daughter will do for a respect demanding not deserving father. She came all out firing from all cylinders. Hear her

“Generation of Mannerless children, they don’t respect their parents , how will they respect the Constitution,” Ajibola Ajomobi said in apparent reaction to the students.

We totally understand the cultural milieu of the event, a Yoruba culture that demands respect to an elderly man even those that don't deserve respect. A culture that respect is first demanded instead of logical reasoning. Those who totally understand the cultural nuances that the lady was talking from and also her role as a dotting daughte ,will never blame her but she has spoken. We that are not from that cultural miasma has been taken aback by such a statement.

People are disturbed over such acts of official high handedness and distancing from the people. One of the people we engaged has this to say.

"Oyo’s Gov Ajimobi wants students to beg him for failing in or refusing to do his job & he claims to be “constituted authority, Shameful! "Chidi Odinkalu , a social media commentator .

Though a counter video has been released that is in support of Oyo state government. In a bid to have a damage control. The second video by Abiola Ajimobi PR team and protesting students of Ladoke Akintola University of Technology has been released by the governor’s Special Adviser on Communication and Strategy, Yomi Olayinka.

The video was released in response to an earlier video of the encounter that showed the governor criticising the students and telling them to do whatever they wanted to do.

First and second video has shown how the average Nigerian leaders take Nigerians.

"To have leaders in Nigeria such as Ajimobi who boast in their incompetencies without remorse, sympathy and conscience is no way forward" said Ekube Steteman

Though the states (Oyo and Osun) seem to have come back to their sanity courtesy of the video and the show of shame. They are pledging 250 million each for the running of the school, as it seems though not confirmed. This is always the usual with Nigeria government. Always throwing money at problems without nipping the problem at the bud. So have they demonstrated by throwing money at the school.

This action of Ajimobi has raised so many imperative questions about us as Africans. Why is it that Nigerians demand respect ,especially the people from Western part of Nigeria. Respect to me isn't what is demanded but what is deserved. What entitles an individual to respect isn't how old he is but how he comport himself and what h has achieved . This will translate to respect. Will it be right to respect an assumed corrupt elder than a straightforward young man. By the way,those that mess Nigeria up as a country today with their corrupt acts are men in their 70s. How can a sensible man respect such people. The earlier Yoruba people redefine their concept if respect and other tribes in Nigeria...The better for the country. This is giving Nigeria kids a bad role model.

This tussle between Oyo and Osun over LAUTECH is a macabre , disgracing and shameful. Yoruba pride themselves as people that re sophisticated especially in the realms of administration. They must find a lasting cure to this act. Maybe they should borrow from their Eastern counterpart. Imo state and Abia state....Imo as an older state built the first state university known as Imo state university,then Abia state was created, the university was located in a place that is almost border around Uturu. Imo state in the spirit of brotherhood and fast paced development decided to leave the new state Abia state with the university as a parting gift. The university is in a borderline but Imo let go. These states can't afford the fight that will distract them from development. Today the school has been renamed from Imsu to Absu. Then Imo state went ahead and upgraded a secondary school in Owerri to a top notch university. That's administration and intellectual sagacity . Absu has their main campus today in Uturu which is in Abia state but majority of the students live in Okigwe a city in Imo state. This is a win win for both states. Why can't Oyo and Osun copy this simple model.

Next disturbing question is that, why can't the school be self sufficient. If the school isn't self sufficient, they must find a way to be. Education is a money spinner and they must think about how they can be making money without relying on handout from the government. This as shown how low our education has fallen. If professors in LAUTECH,especially those in department of economics, MBA classes , Marketing department, Accounts department and Business Administration department can't find a way to put the school on the path of profitability and self sustainability,then they don't have any business in that school. They should be fired and department scrapped. You can't teach what you can't put in practise . NUC take note of this.

Ajimobi action with his daughter has shown how African leaders view those led. When education isn't given priority in a place. This action has shown that in today's know how economy ,people still demand respect though forgetting that respect is deserved.

If eventually the university gets the money ,my respect doesn't and wouldn't go to the Oyo or Osun government . My respect wouldn't go to university dons,because they have been mute. We haven't heard the Vice Chancellor statement. My respect goes to the students that took their destiny in their hands. My respect goes to the youths that deployed the use of Technology to escalate an already localised problem. Above all, my respect goes to Google and YouTube for inventing a medium where such things can be viewed globally without the antics of media gate keeping. These are those that demand my respect

https://etimesafrica./2017/01/17/aimobi-et-al-respect-is-deserved-and-not-demanded/#more-3958
Re: What Ajimobi, His Daughter And Others Must Understand About Respect by slimfit1(m): 6:54am On Jan 17, 2017
True talk you can't preach what you can't practice. There is no point schooling in Nigeria I tell you . I see a lot of mechanical engineers going to mechanic to repair there car shameful education we have that's why we wait for white people to make and we buy we don't innovate at all.
Re: What Ajimobi, His Daughter And Others Must Understand About Respect by Atiku2019: 6:54am On Jan 17, 2017
cry
Re: What Ajimobi, His Daughter And Others Must Understand About Respect by petrov10: 7:01am On Jan 17, 2017
just yesterday Rauf told his people to discard their academic stuff and carry hoe an cutlass . na them them apc

I'm not sorry for the people that voted the clowns grin

(1) (Reply)

Osinbajo Lauds Aba Artisans, Says Fg’ll Remove Bottlenecks Militating Against SM / Hardship: 1,500 APC Members In Buhari’s Katsina Domain Defect To PDP / Npf On Planned Protest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.