Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,557 members, 7,944,668 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 09:18 PM

Secrets To Passing A Job Interview -tokunbo Fasoro - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Secrets To Passing A Job Interview -tokunbo Fasoro (623 Views)

If You Can Think It, You Can Do It - Tokunbo Fasoro / Women We Love: Tokunbo Fasoro / "All Fingers Are Not Equal, Must Your Own Be The Shortess" By Tokunbo Fasoro (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Secrets To Passing A Job Interview -tokunbo Fasoro by BISolutionsng: 3:41pm On Jan 17, 2017
Interviewers tend to use the interview to try to determine who you are as a person. In other words, how you get along with other people and your desire to work. They will specifically try to identify as much as possible from how you behave. They will also pay attention to how you respond concisely, cooperate fully in answering questions and keep to the subject at hand. These are very important elements that influence the interviewer’s decisions.

Below are five tips to gain an extra edge in your interview.

Preparation is Key: Ensure you learn about the employer, the job and the organization doing the recruiting on social media. Find out what is happening in the employers field, try to identify problems in that field and explain why you think you will be able to solve such problems citing some of your specific accomplishments to make your case.

Relate yourself to the interviewers need: Once you figure out the type of person the interviewer is looking for, ensure you discuss your past achievements in relation to the employers need. That is why it is important to ensure you look for every opportunity to intern or volunteer when you have some free time so you would have gathered some experience and achievements.

Think before answering: Answering a question should be a three-step process. Pause – Make sure you understand what the interviewer is talking about

Think – Think about how to structure your answer

Speak – Ensure that in your answer you speak about how hiring you can help the interviewer solve his/her problems. Always remember that the need to recruit you is to solve a problem.

Remember appearance is important: Appropriate clothing, good grooming, a firm handshake, a warm smile and energy and enthusiasm are important. Maintain eye contact, nod in agreement, and remember to PAUSE, THINK and SPEAK

Make a good first impression: In most cases, the interviewer makes up their mind within the first few minutes of the interview. I could tell from your response to my first question “Tell me about yourself” if you have me or you have lost me. Click HERE on how to answer the question “Tell me about yourself”. It’s unlikely that a good first impression will turn to bad during the interview, but first impressions are almost impossible to overcome.

I have decided to put down a summary of what we pay attention to while interviewing.

Appropriate clothing
Good grooming
A firm handshake
The appearance of controlled energy
Humor and readiness to smile
Genuine interest in the employers operation
Alertness and attention when the interviewer speaks
Pride in past achievements or performance
An understanding of the employers needs and a desire to serve them
Make good use of these secrets and get that dream job.

www.biempowerment.com

(1) (Reply)

Online Job For Real! How I Make 500 Dollars Daily Without Stress / Training For Musical Instruments / Segun Wire Blasts Falz For Saying Musicians Should Stop Hailing Yahoo Boys

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.