Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,415 members, 7,901,156 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 02:46 AM

My Advice To Married And Prospective Couples - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Advice To Married And Prospective Couples (1024 Views)

Mention The Year You Will Like To Get Married And At What Age / Letter To Married African Men And Women By Temi Badmus / This Couple Graduated From High School In 2015, Got Married And Bought A House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Advice To Married And Prospective Couples by NyemzyHimself: 6:56pm On Jan 17, 2017
Good evening my fellow nairalanders.
I want to drop a piece of advice that will be beneficial to most of us in order to have a wonderful family.
I've always believed that there's a BIG difference between WEDDING and MARRIAGE.
People tend to spend so much taking pre-wedding pictures forgetting that the journey ahead isn't all about pre-wedding shots.
Some months ago, Tonto Dikeh was just so obsessed with her lover and soon-to-be hubby.
She will always upload pictures of the gifts he buys for her on the social media and believe me, this will actually make most people want to get married soon. (You know that feeling).
Today, I'm hearing a different story – even though it's not been made official and I will never want it to be official because I really want them to get back together, if not for any other thing, they've got a son who'll be a year old in some days.
It started with Tonto removing the ‘Mrs' in her name and of course the husband's name too; reverting back to her maiden name (On Instagram)
I perceived something unusual.
After a day, news started flying in that the husband allegedly cheated on her with another lady.
I didn't really know what to say because I know that as humans, we'll always be tempted to do some stupid things but the ability to control the urge is what counts.
I've always believed that self control is the basic thing every individual needs.
Just as cars can't function well without PMS, humans can't function well without self control.
What am I saying in essence?
If you're due for marriage, don't get married because your friends are getting married.
Don't get married because you're getting older each day
Don't get married because your parents are pushing you to get married.
Get married because you're convinced within you that you can handle the 'good and bad times' that comes with marriage.
Marriage is golden – much better and deeper than wedding.
The earlier we learn how to differentiate between the two and abide by the rules, the better because this will bring less marriage problems.
Secondly, when you get married, mind how you flaunt your family on the media.
If you've got friends you can trust, go ahead, otherwise you may lose your family so soon.
It's not everyone that calls you ‘My friend' that's actually your friend.
Have you been in a situation where you use ‘LOL' even when you're not really happy?
That is just the way some of your friends are.
Choose your friends meticulously and of course prayerfully (If you so desire).

— CHUKWUENYEM SOMTOCHUKWU.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Advice To Married And Prospective Couples by FellepHq(m): 7:44pm On Jan 17, 2017
Nice one

1 Like

Re: My Advice To Married And Prospective Couples by NyemzyHimself: 4:08am On Jan 18, 2017
Cc: Lalasticlala
Re: My Advice To Married And Prospective Couples by Pippyman2000: 5:50am On Jan 18, 2017
Nice Somtochukwu, we need to stop this early divorce, it is getting out of hand.

1 Like

Re: My Advice To Married And Prospective Couples by NyemzyHimself: 10:51pm On Jan 18, 2017
Pippyman2000:
Nice Somtochukwu, we need to stop this early divorce, it is getting out of hand.

Honestly it is
That of Ubi Franklin was a big shock to me

(1) (Reply)

Pls Help,my Pastor Has Snatched My Wife And 3 Children / Goodbye To Divorce.................a Must Read... / See What This Nanny Was Caught Doing To A Baby On A Hidden Camera

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.