Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,293 members, 7,900,614 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 02:18 PM

Why Is The Media Silent Over Fulani Attacks In Akwa Ibom [pics] - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is The Media Silent Over Fulani Attacks In Akwa Ibom [pics] (1695 Views)

Kemi Adeosun Silent Over NYSC Certificate Scandal, Meets IMF Officials / Presidency Silent Over Obasanjo's Letter After Tinubu, Akande & Buhari's Meeting / Buhari Is Silent Over Libya Slave Trade Cuz Those Sold Are Mostly Igbos - FFK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is The Media Silent Over Fulani Attacks In Akwa Ibom [pics] by 9jasite: 8:00am On Jan 18, 2017
Hausa men attack Akwa Ibom village, many injured (Photos)
There are fears of bloodshed in a community in Akwa Ibom State after some Hausa scavengers went on the rampage injuring many indigenes in the process.
There is palpable fear and tension in a community in Akwa Ibom State after some Hausa scrap metal scavengers went on the rampage, inflicting severe injuries on many residents.
A journalist based in Uyo, the state capital, Ifreke Nseowo, who posted the news of the carnage on his Facebook wall, said the incident took place in the Itiam Etoi village in Uyo Local Government Area of the state.
In the report, Nseowo, the publisher of The Mail Newspaper, said the Hausa men unleashed the terrible attack on some villagers as a result of a stolen generator which was sold to one of the Hausa men by an indigene of the town.
play

ALSO READ: “Looming War: Uproar as Igbo youths kill 2 Fulani herdsmen in Anambra”

It was gathered that when the owner of the stolen generator found out that the set was sold to the scrap collectors, he apprehended them and the case was thought to have been settled until the scavengers mobilized and attacked the village on the night of Tuesday, January 10, 2017.
This is how the journalist captured the scenario:
"The attacks began at about 10 pm when some people had slept. It would have been worse if there were many people on the street.
They started cutting anybody they met on their way with machetes. Some of them carried iron rods and other forms of weapons with which they beat and wounded people. They also destroyed the properties of people selling shops in the area."
play

Community sources say the problem started when the Hausa man who bought the generator, accused one of his kinsman of selling him out by reporting him to the owner of the generator.
The accusation generated a fight and an indigene who attempted to separate the fight was allegedly beaten up by one of the fighters who thought he was ganging up with his opponent to fight him.
The man was said to have run to his quarters to inform his friends of the alleged attack on him and they reinforced and went with him to attack anyone they met on the street.
One of the victims of the carnage who gave his name as Itoro, said:
"I was sitting in front of our house when I saw them running with machetes towards me. But because I didn't have any problem with anyone I was not afraid, only for them to cut me in the face and continued to run on."
Another victim, Ezekiel, said:
"I went to see my friend in the area only to see them running towards my direction. Since I did not know there was a problem, I was just walking on the street going back to my house.
One of them lifted his machete to cut me in the head and when I blocked it with my hand, he cut my hand again and again. That is when I knew the matter was serious and started running."
play

As a result of the crisis, youths in the community have declared that they want all the Hausas in their area to leave or there would be a reprisal attack on them.
However, the state police command has waded into the crisis and have deployed their men there to maintain law and order to avert any further bloodshed.

http://pulse.ng/gist/hausa-men-attack-akwa-ibom-village-many-injured-id6040177.html

Re: Why Is The Media Silent Over Fulani Attacks In Akwa Ibom [pics] by Nobody: 8:06am On Jan 18, 2017
Nigeria what is the way forward?
Re: Why Is The Media Silent Over Fulani Attacks In Akwa Ibom [pics] by Nobody: 8:09am On Jan 18, 2017
cry
The moment you discover who controls the media

Then you won't ask why the media is silent.

He who pays the piper determines the tune.

Your president is Fulani and the media is not independent of Government influence and interference.
Re: Why Is The Media Silent Over Fulani Attacks In Akwa Ibom [pics] by babasolution: 8:21am On Jan 18, 2017
these southerners are so weak,i think women will even do better defending their lands,the men are useless,foreigners will come to kill them in their lands and then they start crying wolf.idiots.....

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Media Silent Over Fulani Attacks In Akwa Ibom [pics] by 9jasite: 8:32am On Jan 18, 2017
babasolution:
these southerners are so weak,i think women will even do better defending their lands,the men are useless,foreigners will come to kill them in their lands and then they start crying wolf.idiots.....

Nimbo Enugu

Agatu Benue
mile 12 Lagos

Ndokwa Delta
kafanchan Kaduna

Are all these people weak or reprisals are countered

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Media Silent Over Fulani Attacks In Akwa Ibom [pics] by Austin4lif: 9:36am On Jan 18, 2017
Can't they fight back? Many cowards in Nigeria. I will not allow any fulani to kill me.
Re: Why Is The Media Silent Over Fulani Attacks In Akwa Ibom [pics] by Nobody: 9:46am On Jan 18, 2017
In the immortal words of mazi Nnamdi KANU, ' this can only happen in a zoo'.
Re: Why Is The Media Silent Over Fulani Attacks In Akwa Ibom [pics] by midol: 9:53am On Jan 18, 2017
We yoruba muslims want you to be believe that Kanu is a fraud for opposing the hausa/fulani who kill you at night. grin grin

Where is uteghe my yoruba muslim brother from Akwa Ibom state. grin
Re: Why Is The Media Silent Over Fulani Attacks In Akwa Ibom [pics] by Boleyndynasty2(f): 10:56am On Jan 18, 2017
Slowly they spreading their wings, if nothing is done now this burning fire will consume the whole country. The police should be able to prevent such attacks not act when the attacked choose to fight back
Re: Why Is The Media Silent Over Fulani Attacks In Akwa Ibom [pics] by Uteghe(m): 4:09pm On Jan 18, 2017
midol:
We yoruba muslims want you to be believe that Kanu is a fraud for opposing the hausa/fulani who kill you at night. grin grin

Where is uteghe my yoruba muslim brother from Akwa Ibom state. grin
If I'm a Yoruba Muslim pretending to be Akwa Ibom, cursed be me; if not,cursed be you. Say Amen! Amen.

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Media Silent Over Fulani Attacks In Akwa Ibom [pics] by midol: 4:13pm On Jan 18, 2017
Uteghe:

[s]If I'm a Yoruba Muslim pretending to be Akwa Ibom, cursed be me; if not,cursed be you. Say Amen! Amen.[/s]

Nnamdi kanu is a 'fraud and criminal' for always challenging fulanis herdsmen whenever they kill people in the SE/SS. I know our muslim anti-IPOB skulls both agree together. grin grin
Re: Why Is The Media Silent Over Fulani Attacks In Akwa Ibom [pics] by Uteghe(m): 4:20pm On Jan 18, 2017
midol:

Nnamdi kanu is a 'fraud and criminal' for always challenging fulanis herdsmen whenever they kill people in the SE/SS. I know our muslim anti-IPOB skulls both agree together. grin grin
Govt should investigate the interaction between FH (Fulani herdsmen) and Kanu. The Nimbo massacre in Enugu raised my suspicion. Who was the Igbo policeman in company of Fulanis? Did Ipob (working alone or in company of fh) kills Igbos in the name FH with the hope that it will spark reprisal killings by Igbos in the east? Kanu should be scrutinized.

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Media Silent Over Fulani Attacks In Akwa Ibom [pics] by midol: 5:30pm On Jan 18, 2017
Uteghe:

Govt should investigate the interaction between FH (Fulani herdsmen) and Kanu. The Nimbo massacre in Enugu raised my suspicion. Who was the Igbo policeman in company of Fulanis? Did Ipob (working alone or in company of fh) kills Igbos in the name FH with the hope that it will spark reprisal killings by Igbos in the east? Kanu should be scrutinized.

Thank you very much brother! This is why we yoruba muslims are the most intelligent in Africa. Kanu is a fulani man he is just pretending to call out fulani, he orders all the killing in the south. Chop knockle o jare. grin

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Hausa Man Contesting For Councillor In Ebonyi State. Nigerians React (photos) / Drama As Osinbajo Compels Wike To Enter Same Chopper With Amaechi, Abe {PHOTOS} / Jonathan, Others Behind Ipob, No Nation, Not Nigeria Will Allow This - Minister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.