Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,888 members, 7,879,713 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 04:33 AM

Untold Story Of An Abused Husband - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Untold Story Of An Abused Husband (6779 Views)

I Was Sexually Abused As A Child By My Own Father. / Touching Letter By An Abused Wife To Her Husband Before She Died / Diary Of An Abused Woman. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Untold Story Of An Abused Husband by Nobody: 7:56pm On Jan 18, 2017
JeffreyJamez:

Raped by women

Men can't be raped in Nigeria....... according to the law
Re: Untold Story Of An Abused Husband by JeffreyJamez(m): 8:02pm On Jan 18, 2017
pcguru1:

Men can't be raped in Nigeria....... according to the law

What law?
Re: Untold Story Of An Abused Husband by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jan 18, 2017
JeffreyJamez:

What law?

A lawyer here on nairaland shared a PDF doc I was shocked too to hear that, she was explaining how according to the law that husbands can't rape their wives not saying it's not possible physically but not recognized according to the law.
Re: Untold Story Of An Abused Husband by Nobody: 8:09pm On Jan 18, 2017
Re: Untold Story Of An Abused Husband by JeffreyJamez(m): 8:18pm On Jan 18, 2017
pcguru1:

A lawyer here on nairaland shared a PDF doc I was shocked too to hear that, she was explaining how according to the law that husbands can't rape their wives not saying it's not possible physically but not recognized according to the law.

I'm not talking about husband's raping wives..I'm talking about Women raping Men.

But then that rule is absurd mehn!!!

1 Like

Re: Untold Story Of An Abused Husband by InformedLola(f): 8:28pm On Jan 18, 2017
Gaggi:
Bullshiiit story. Nobody is that silly especially when he earns an income. And no, i don't believe in jazz. Therefore the story was made up just to draw attention to men abuse.
Yes, some men are being abused but not to this extent. It's toyboys and gold digging men that mainly receive abuses. Any man who doesn't fall into this group and allows himself become a lackey should be castrated and banished from civilization.

Exactly my point. Just an attention-grabbing story, too extreme to be true.
Re: Untold Story Of An Abused Husband by Nobody: 8:29pm On Jan 18, 2017
JeffreyJamez:

I'm not talking about husband's raping wives..I'm talking about Women raping Men.

But then that rule is absurd mehn!!!

what am saying is that it sees rape as when the woman is the victim and not the other way round.
Re: Untold Story Of An Abused Husband by JeffreyJamez(m): 8:50pm On Jan 18, 2017
pcguru1:

what am saying is that it sees rape as when the woman is the victim and not the other way round.

Ooh now I get it
Re: Untold Story Of An Abused Husband by Ishilove: 8:51pm On Jan 18, 2017
JeffreyJamez:

Truth be told,there are many men in abusive marriages,but they can't talk because no one will take them seriously.Just like Male rape cases.
Is it like an ego thing?
Re: Untold Story Of An Abused Husband by JeffreyJamez(m): 9:12pm On Jan 18, 2017
Ishilove:

Is it like an ego thing?

For some,maybe...... but then again who would believe them...Imagine a guy as huge as Gentle Jack telling you his wife that's like Genevieve is beating him,will you believe? Lol
Re: Untold Story Of An Abused Husband by JuneOctober(f): 9:20pm On Jan 18, 2017
crackhaus:
Unfortunately these are the kind of men people like Ujoan and her Nairaland sisters like as a husband.
The type that will wash their bra and panties without complain, cook in the kitchen while they go make their hair and nails at the salon, and listen to all they tell them because the voice of a wife is the voice of God. gringrin

Thank heavens there are still men like myself around these parts, the woman that will make rules for me or determine who does what or when in our home, hasn't been born yet.
I will end her before she ends me. grin

Tiri gbosa for you grin grin
Re: Untold Story Of An Abused Husband by crackhaus: 9:22pm On Jan 18, 2017
sisisioge:

Oga , your gragra too much! I just pray you don't get saddled with Delilah's fierced sister. All this your "will break her bones" talk will ebb without struggle. It is well...may God bless us with good people.
Who mentioned anything about breaking anyone's bones here?

Even Delilah herself will not mess with me.

1 Like

Re: Untold Story Of An Abused Husband by crackhaus: 9:33pm On Jan 18, 2017
Ujoan:

You are just displaying your imaturity. Ask the OP, it's not by gra gra or hard man.

And in any case who's talking of making rules. . . . Taking counsel from someone and being ruled are two very different things.

You see why I said it's way beyond your comprehension? cry
There's absolutely nothing to comprehend from someone who claims the voice of a wife is the voice of God.
Were you intoxicated when you typed that load of steaming hot sh1t?

On a side-note, your own definition of maturity is when a man lets you have your way. If this is how you measure maturity, then crackhaus is happy to be immature in this life and the next. grin
I've not seen where maturity paid bills or was a criteria for yearly bonuses.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Untold Story Of An Abused Husband by Diplomaticbeing(m): 9:38pm On Jan 18, 2017
The man was simply a weakling (not a nice/good-bad guy) in love and that made him a slave to the petty (evil) woman. There's a tiny line between love and enslavement. Gutless people are liable to self-enslaved towards their partners.

He allowed the petty woman to use emotional blackmail to destroy him before she perfected it with physical assault and other vices. If he was against divorce because of his religion (by the way to hell with such religion), he ought to have known that separation and relocation were an option.

Marriage/relationship should be enjoyed not endured.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Untold Story Of An Abused Husband by crackhaus: 9:53pm On Jan 18, 2017
JuneOctober:

Tiri gbosa for you grin grin
Two and a half gbosa for you.
Re: Untold Story Of An Abused Husband by ibolomo(m): 6:01pm On Jan 20, 2017
why does the song "Terrible Love" keep popping in my brain it's I read this post?
This is sad. I have an observation though. it seems her dad did something to hurt the woman at some point in the marriage, probably infidelity or jazz related stuff.
Either that or he was in love, or she Jazzed him seriously.
Tragic, Traaaagic!!!
Re: Untold Story Of An Abused Husband by khiaa(f): 5:39am On Jan 22, 2017
crackhaus:
Unfortunately these are the kind of men people like Ujoan and her Nairaland sisters like as a husband.
The type that will wash their bra and panties without complain, cook in the kitchen while they go make their hair and nails at the salon, and listen to all they tell them because the voice of a wife is the voice of God. gringrin

Thank heavens there are still men like myself around these parts, the woman that will make rules for me or determine who does what or when in our home, hasn't been born yet.
I will end her before she ends me. grin

Seriously, is there something wrong with a man preparing a meal for his family?

1 Like

Re: Untold Story Of An Abused Husband by crackhaus: 6:26am On Jan 22, 2017
khiaa:

Did you even read the OP to get the context?
Re: Untold Story Of An Abused Husband by abbeyboy2o15(m): 7:24am On Jan 22, 2017
khiaa:

Nothing is wrong, but should not be a daily chores that most women do expect.
Re: Untold Story Of An Abused Husband by Mznaett: 10:44am On Jan 22, 2017
??
Re: Untold Story Of An Abused Husband by khiaa(f): 9:47pm On Jan 22, 2017
crackhaus:

Did you even read the OP to get the context?

Yes I read it but my comment was pertaining to the comment that you made, like a man cooking in the kitchen was some kind of sin.

1 Like

Re: Untold Story Of An Abused Husband by khiaa(f): 9:51pm On Jan 22, 2017
abbeyboy2o15:

I know that it is hard for you to believe but some men love to cook and are better at it than some women, for example my father. was a professional chef and he loved his work, he would cook for my family on special occasions and holidays to give my mom a break.
Re: Untold Story Of An Abused Husband by abbeyboy2o15(m): 9:58pm On Jan 22, 2017
khiaa:

I know that it is hard for you to believe but some men love to cook and are better at it than some women, maybe she sucked at it.
Yeah you are right, but it also depend on the man mentality there is no big deal in cooking for your woman.

1 Like

Re: Untold Story Of An Abused Husband by abbeyboy2o15(m): 10:20pm On Jan 22, 2017
Do
abbeyboy2o15:
Do you live in CA presently.
Re: Untold Story Of An Abused Husband by baby124: 11:25pm On Jan 22, 2017
Well, yes, some men do go through abuse. Especially the ones with some kind of deficiency. Mostly sexual and the woman out of frustration acts out. Other's are just really obsessed. The father is an adult and chose to stay there. He was not chained to the marriage, he made the choice to stay and die there. Same as women who do the same. That being said, nothing wrong with the husband cooking or helping with chores. No one knows what the dynamics of their marriage is.
Re: Untold Story Of An Abused Husband by Nobody: 7:33am On Jan 23, 2017
balash:
Guys saying this man has been jazzed have never been in love, you can do anything stupid without limit when u are in love.

Love is sweet but sometimes cruel when you fall inlove with a wrong person
That kind of stupid love is not love at all.

UNCONDITIONAL Love is catastrophic and dangerous.
Re: Untold Story Of An Abused Husband by Nobody: 7:42am On Jan 23, 2017
Diplomaticbeing:
The man was simply a weakling (not a nice/good-bad guy) in love and that made him a slave to the petty (evil) woman. There's a tiny line between love and enslavement. Gutless people are liable to self-enslaved towards their partners.

He allowed the petty woman to use emotional blackmail to destroy him before she perfected it with physical assault and other vices. If he was against divorce because of his religion (by the way to hell with such religion), he ought to have known that separation and relocation were an option.

Marriage/relationship should be enjoyed not endured.

You sir, are one rational being. I couldn't agree more.

1 Like

Re: Untold Story Of An Abused Husband by Nobody: 7:55am On Jan 23, 2017
balash:

What am trying to point out is that the men wasn't a weakling, but he was clearly obsessed with his wife. People who are obsessed don't see anything there partner does as hurting, as far as he or she stays. Have u witnessed an obsession in a relationship where the partner comes with the opposite sex and the spouse won't say anything. My brother don't blame it on the man. The late soul was in love, everyone has done something stupid in the name of love. I am not an exception at least I have cried when am heartbroken but never in an abusive relationship. The Lord would clearly just push her outta ma life if she ain't worth it.

Ladies are generally softened soul and for every reason we should always care and pamper them, the fact stands they would be an abusive one but an abusive lady can only be shown true love to change her heart because she's also been in a bad state. We can't treat everybody like a garbage cause we saw the bad ones, even the bad ones should be loved to change their heart. Am not saying it was bad the man finally died but at least the woman in question would regret for the rest of her life loosing out on someone who truly does love her.
You sir, must be a BIG FOOL, a clown prince, the leader of the empire of the deluded, the grandmaster of the magisterium of morons. Your delusion is STRONG, and your false consciousness is pretty awful. You have my pity.

I can't believe I'm seeing this. Perhaps, you need a lobotomy.
Re: Untold Story Of An Abused Husband by balash(m): 8:18am On Jan 23, 2017
joyContraMundum:
You sir, must be a BIG FOOL, a clown prince, the leader of the empire of the deluded, the grandmaster of the magisterium of morons. Your delusion is STRONG, and your false consciousness is pretty awful. You have my pity.

I can't believe I'm seeing this. Perhaps, you need a lobotomy.

God bless you for this. Have a great day
Re: Untold Story Of An Abused Husband by Nobody: 8:31am On Jan 23, 2017
balash:

God bless you for this. Have a great day
lol.... "Higher moral ground", abi? Well, whatever. As far as I'm concerned, your ideas about love are dangerous for society, hence will result in a catastrophe, since you seem to be promoting unconditional love, which implies tolerating an evil person, a tyrant, a selfish animal looking for people to screw over and trample to the ground. You're gonna tolerate such people, just to satisfy and preserve your own selfish desire to and pleasure of loving them, consequently propagating hate.

I used those words because they're ACCURATE, and couldn't give a rat's bottom how they make you feel. I'm neither "fluffy", nor "cuddly". I'm not your "friend" nor am I politically correct. If you're stupid, I'll say it. And if that offends you, then too bad, I don't care.

What I'm concerned about right now is you correcting those warped orientations of yours. I'm already blessed, and today's gonna be great for me, regardless of your wishes. Thanks anyway.
Re: Untold Story Of An Abused Husband by balash(m): 10:33am On Jan 23, 2017
joyContraMundum:
lol.... "Higher moral ground", abi? Well, whatever. As far as I'm concerned, your ideas about love are dangerous for society, hence will result in a catastrophe, since you seem to be promoting unconditional love, which implies tolerating an evil person, a tyrant, a selfish animal looking for people to screw over and trample to the ground. You're gonna tolerate such people, just to satisfy and preserve your own selfish desire to and pleasure of loving them, consequently propagating hate.

I used those words because they're ACCURATE, and couldn't give a rat's bottom how they make you feel. I'm neither "fluffy", nor "cuddly". I'm not your "friend" nor am I politically correct. If you're stupid, I'll say it. And if that offends you, then too bad, I don't care.

What I'm concerned about right now is you correcting those warped orientations of yours. I'm already blessed, and today's gonna be great for me, regardless of your wishes. Thanks anyway.

Have a fun filled day ahead
Re: Untold Story Of An Abused Husband by Nobody: 11:42am On Jan 23, 2017
balash:

Have a fun filled day ahead
Thank you. And you too. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"i Am Been Forced To Marry My Step-mother" / Is / Best Number Of Kids And Age Gap?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.