Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,136 members, 7,880,568 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 09:17 PM

Buhari, Northern Forces Plotting To Sideline Onnoghen From Being CJN - Lawyers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari, Northern Forces Plotting To Sideline Onnoghen From Being CJN - Lawyers (814 Views)

"You Can’t Decide For Buhari" — Northern Leaders Reply Obasanjo / Arewa Youths To FFK: Stop Insulting Buhari, Northern Leaders Or Face Our Wrath / CJN Slot: Buhari Under Pressure, As Plot To Sideline Onnoghen Thickens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari, Northern Forces Plotting To Sideline Onnoghen From Being CJN - Lawyers by AnotherZik: 1:47pm On Jan 18, 2017
SAN FRANCISCO, January 18, (THEWILL) – A group of legal practitioners coming under the auspices of Bini Lawyers Forum has accused some Northern forces purportedly led by President Muhammadu Buhari of scheming to sideline Justice Walter Onnoghen from becoming the substantive Chief Justice of Nigeria, CJN.

The group, in a statement issued in Abuja on Tuesday, claimed that the President deliberately refused to forward the name of the acting CJN to the Senate for confirmation because he is a Christian and from the South-South geopolitical zone.

Noting that Justice Onnoghen, who is the first Southern Justice of the Supreme Court to qualify to be CJN in about 30 years, is currently the most senior Justice of the Supreme Court, the forum called for the immediate submission of his name for confirmation as the substantive CJN in line with constitutional provisions.

The statement reads, “The forum wishes to note with dismay the plot by some Northern interest/forces led by President Buhari to jettison laid down rules, procedure and convention in the appointment of the Chief Justice of Nigeria by the planned removal of Justice Onnoghen as the Chief Justice of Nigeria simply because he is a Christian and from the South-South zone of Nigeria in order to pave way for the appointment of a Northern candidate.

“It is sad to note that the President has willfully and deliberately refused to act on the recommendation of the, National Judicial Commission, NJC, by refusing to send the name of Justice Onnoghen as the Chief Justice of Nigeria to the Senate for confirmation three months after the receipt of recommendation from the NJC.

“In line with the written script of the Northern forces as executed by the President, Justice Onnoghen was sworn in as the Acting Chief Justice of Nigeria in order to perfect their plan to oust him at the expiration of three months to pave way for a Northern candidate.

“We wish to note that Justice Onnoghen, who is presently the most senior Justice of the Supreme Court, by providence is the first Southern Justice of the Supreme Court to qualify for the position of CJN in about 30 years after the retirement of Justice Ayo Irikefe in 1987. It will be recalled that after the exit of Justice Irikefe, subsequent occupants of the position came from the North.

“In the light of the above, we humbly demand the immediate submission of the name of Justice Onnoghen to the Senate for confirmation as the substantive Chief Justice of Nigeria in line with the provisions of the Constitution.

“We enjoin all well-meaning Nigerians to reject and condemn this dangerous precedent set by President Buhari in the governance of Nigeria, as the President has been driving governance on the wheel of ethni9city and religion since his assumption of office.”

http://thewillnigeria.com/news/buhari-northern-forces-plotting-to-sideline-onnoghen-from-cjn-position-bini-lawyers/
Re: Buhari, Northern Forces Plotting To Sideline Onnoghen From Being CJN - Lawyers by sremmlyf(m): 2:09pm On Jan 18, 2017
sometime's i wonder if the gworro chewing fool ain't the long awaited antichrist.silence on southern kaduna killing,paying of fulani killer heard' men,forceful coversion of christian,recent bombing of IDP camp the list is endless #no to islamization!

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Northern Forces Plotting To Sideline Onnoghen From Being CJN - Lawyers by okosodo: 2:25pm On Jan 18, 2017
Buhari is so petty, that is why he never move foward to be successful as a president
Re: Buhari, Northern Forces Plotting To Sideline Onnoghen From Being CJN - Lawyers by SillyMods: 2:34pm On Jan 18, 2017
[s]
sremmlyf:
sometime's i wonder if the gworro chewing fool ain't the long awaited antichrist.silence on southern kaduna killing,paying of fulani killer heard' men,forceful coversion of christian,recent bombing of IDP camp the list is endless #no to islamization!
[/s]
Check yourself into a rehab fast.

I hope the corrupt Onnoghen is never nominated. Let whoever wants to die of pain and hatred do so.

Any judge whose hands have been soiled with proceeds of looting and corruption must never be our CJN again.

PMB sef too dey dull. By now im suppose don nominate a better candidate to be CJN. The idiot, corrupt Onnhoghen must not be CJN. NEVER!
Re: Buhari, Northern Forces Plotting To Sideline Onnoghen From Being CJN - Lawyers by SillyMods: 2:35pm On Jan 18, 2017
[s]
sremmlyf:
[/s]
Re: Buhari, Northern Forces Plotting To Sideline Onnoghen From Being CJN - Lawyers by Ogbuefi87: 2:40pm On Jan 18, 2017
I pray the plans not to confirm him never materialise...Naija belong to us all
Re: Buhari, Northern Forces Plotting To Sideline Onnoghen From Being CJN - Lawyers by dokyOloye: 4:10pm On Jan 18, 2017
SillyMods:
[s][/s]

I hope the corrupt Onnoghen is never nominated. Let whoever wants to die of pain and hatred do so.

Any judge whose hands have been soiled with proceeds of looting and corruption must never be our CJN again.

PMB sef too dey dull. By now im suppose don nominate a better candidate to be CJN. The idiot, corrupt Onnhoghen must not be CJN. NEVER!
Looks like d only plan U and Ur terrorist presidiot have for Nigeria is "kwarapt".
Why is the naira on a free fall,they will answer "kwarapt".
Why has Buhari refused to forward d name of d acting CJN to senate=Kwarapt.
Why did d airforce bomb d IDP camp,they will answer "kwarapshan".
Re: Buhari, Northern Forces Plotting To Sideline Onnoghen From Being CJN - Lawyers by sremmlyf(m): 4:12pm On Jan 18, 2017
SillyMods:
[s][/s]

typical yoruba muslim! #holier than thou
Re: Buhari, Northern Forces Plotting To Sideline Onnoghen From Being CJN - Lawyers by kamalcole3000: 5:05pm On Jan 18, 2017
SillyMods:
[s][/s]

Who is a better candidate?
I suppose any candidate from the north is not corrupt thereby qualify so far he's Hausa Fulani and a Muslim.

My prayer is that one day Yoruba and Igbo people will bury their political differences for once and deal with this Hausa Fulani herdsman mentality of northerners and let us go our different way in piece.

Peace.

(1) (Reply)

Why Buhari Was Not Invited For Trump's Inauguration - Fayose / [PHOTOS] Women Storm EFCC Abuja Head Office, Demand For Fayose’s Arrest. / Why I Am Happy That Muhammadu Buhari Became The President Of Nigeria!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.