Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,984 members, 7,873,165 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 09:04 AM

Any Educated Nigerian Woman That Dies At Childbirth At A TBAs Deserves It. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Any Educated Nigerian Woman That Dies At Childbirth At A TBAs Deserves It. (653 Views)

Dubai Prince Pays Hospital Bills Of Nigerian Woman With Quadruplets / Ronnie and Donnie Galyon: World’s Longest-Living Conjoined Twins Dies At 68 (Pic / Burial Of Lady Who Died During Childbirth In A Lagos Hospital (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any Educated Nigerian Woman That Dies At Childbirth At A TBAs Deserves It. by CatfishBilly: 11:28am On Jan 19, 2017
Any educated Nigerian woman that dies at childbirth at a Traditional Birth Attendant's workshop thoroughly deserves it.
I'm done crying for women, friends and acquaintances who despite being educated and exposed still patronise quacks for childbirth. If they die, they deserve it.
I don't know why they run away from hospitals for childbirth, is there anything wrong with having the baby in a hospital? I don't even want to get started with the aversion to C.S and their favorite mantra "I shall deliver like the Hebrew women". The funny thing is that you'll see Masters &PhD holders, nurses, healthcare personnels, relatives and friends of healthcare personnels that die while patronising the Traditional Birth Attendants.
I've practiced medicine for 3 years in Nigeria and I've only seen one death at childbirth in that period.
I'm done crying. If you die, you thoroughly deserve it.
Re: Any Educated Nigerian Woman That Dies At Childbirth At A TBAs Deserves It. by Dyt(f): 11:52am On Jan 19, 2017

1 Like

Re: Any Educated Nigerian Woman That Dies At Childbirth At A TBAs Deserves It. by DoctorsOfficeNg: 12:14pm On Jan 19, 2017
CatfishBilly:
Any educated Nigerian woman that dies at childbirth at a Traditional Birth Attendant's workshop thoroughly deserves it.
I'm done crying for women, friends and acquaintances who despite being educated and exposed still patronise quacks for childbirth. If they die, they deserve it.
I don't know why they run away from hospitals for childbirth, is there anything wrong with having the baby in a hospital? I don't even want to get started with the aversion to C.S and their favorite mantra "I shall deliver like the Hebrew women". The funny thing is that you'll see Masters &PhD holders, nurses, healthcare personnels, relatives and friends of healthcare personnels that die while patronising the Traditional Birth Attendants.
I've practiced medicine for 3 years in Nigeria and I've only seen one death at childbirth in that period.
I'm done crying. If you die, you thoroughly deserve it.

Quite blunt to say. Such attitude wouldn't solve the problem. Yes! It is still a burden but rome wasn't built in a day. Culture cannot be changed abruptly. Why not we see ways in which these TBA are better enlightened themselves. Like it or not, They handle hundreds of deliveries each day higher than hospitals or clinics.

---

HEALTH SERVICE REMINDER : For more Medical/ Health advice and clarification, feel free to anonymously chat a verified Medical Doctor / Health professionals 24/7 on DoctorsOffice.Ng and get responses in under 20 minutes. Kindly visit: https://doctorsoffice.ng/talk-to-a-doctor
its SIMPLE | CONFIDENTIAL | SECURE

1 Like

Re: Any Educated Nigerian Woman That Dies At Childbirth At A TBAs Deserves It. by CatfishBilly: 3:45pm On Jan 19, 2017
DoctorsOfficeNg:

Quite blunt to say. Such attitude wouldn't solve the problem. Yes! It is still a burden but rome wasn't built in a day. Culture cannot be changed abruptly. Why not we see ways in which these TBA are better enlightened themselves. Like it or not, They handle hundreds of deliveries each day higher than hospitals or clinics.

---

HEALTH SERVICE REMINDER : For more Medical/ Health advice and clarification, feel free to anonymously chat a verified Medical Doctor / Health professionals 24/7 on DoctorsOffice.Ng and get responses in under 20 minutes. Kindly visit: https://doctorsoffice.ng/talk-to-a-doctor
its SIMPLE | CONFIDENTIAL | SECURE
What do you suggest is the solution because obviously, sensitization campaigns and near free of charge child delivery at hospitals obviously isn't working.
The most painful part is that a nurse (University graduate, not the auxiliary ones) died yesterday while patronising these TBAs

(1) (Reply)

Affordable Dental Deals Nation Wide / Do You Bedwet? Here Are Reasons Why And Solutions / Help Me Restore My Vision

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.