Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,934 members, 7,980,347 topics. Date: Sunday, 20 October 2024 at 12:09 PM

Starcomms Suspended My Internet Without Explanation - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Starcomms Suspended My Internet Without Explanation (601 Views)

Nigerians Are Being Cheated By Isps - Look At My Internet Speed Here In Malaysia / Pls How Do I Check My Internet Balance On Glo? / Mtn! My Internet Is Too Fast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Starcomms Suspended My Internet Without Explanation by Nobody: 11:20am On Nov 27, 2009
I got the N45,000 usb rotatable stick with router so i can use it for my cyber cafe biz, I had 2 starcomms connection on my network really.
suddenly, i noticed i couldnt connect anymore, i call their customer services and the guy told me my account was suspended due to illegal downloads. (no warning!!!)

I went straight to their head office to see if i can get the link to the illegal download,
only to be given a form to sign.
the form reads,

I agree to be solely responsible for any loss or damage of any kind that may be occasioned by starcomms limited as a result of my internet connection usage.
Indemnify and hold harmless starcomms and it's agents, employee, etc

so after i sign this form, they will notify me on what next.
I refused to sign it but from a business angle, i see that as bad practice.
I believe this is a smart move from starcomms to protect her business, so what happens to my business?
simply because a customer in my cafe defaulted, that means grounding my business

In that same light, since the activity occurred on starcomm's network
how will starcomms react, if her cable provider cuts her off.
that's just not business friendly.
Re: Starcomms Suspended My Internet Without Explanation by softtouch2(m): 4:11pm On Nov 28, 2009
You need to log ur problem with NCC. Only NCC can help u. Next time try to tunnel all internet traffic from ur cafe to a VPN. Many free VPN exist on the internet, you may even get a premium VPN with a token monthly , some even support traffic encryption.

(1) (Reply)

Network Broadcasting / Multi System Single Video Display Network / Dell Studio Laptop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.