Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,939 members, 7,915,707 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 09:24 AM

Eucharia Named Falcons Coach - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Eucharia Named Falcons Coach (1631 Views)

Super Falcons Coach Invites 36 Players To Camp / Photos: Meet Beautiful Francisca Ordega Who Plays For The Falcons / Jossy Lad, Is Dead (Ex-super Falcons Coach) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eucharia Named Falcons Coach by FBS: 11:25am On Nov 27, 2009
Eucharia named Falcons coach
Former international Uche Eucharia has been confirmed as coach of the Super Falcons, Nigeria's women’s national team.

Uche was handed the job in a caretaker capacity after Nigeria's disastrous African Women Championships under Joseph Ladipo, but was suspended, and then fired by NFF President Sani Lulu this year.

She will be assisted by Bala Nikyu, Gidado Abubakar and Ann Chiejine.

Edat Agat was named coach of the womens' Under-20 national team. Former national team captain Florence Omagbemi, Wemimo Olni Olanrewaju and Christopher Alor will be his assistants.

For the Under-17s, Peter Dedevbo was named Head Coach to be assisted by Justine Madugu, Babatunde Sikiru Odubola and one other 'to be decided in a few days'.
http://www.kickoff.com/static/news/article.php?id=12469
------

I think this is the first time a woman will be in charge of a national team, yes?
Re: Eucharia Named Falcons Coach by FBS: 11:31am On Nov 27, 2009
I don't want to derail this thread but heck, this is just. . .how do I put it, HIGHLY unprofessional from www.kickoffnigerica.com! Who manages the website sef?

I mean, if you post an article about someone, I think the logical and natural thing to do is include the person's picture, no?  undecided

But Kickoffnigeria.com for some reason, did THIS! (See image below)

So I guess Eucharia Uche is the one on blue shirt, standing with the bare chested guy on headband in that picture! grin
Re: Eucharia Named Falcons Coach by Nobody: 11:34am On Nov 27, 2009
Its a gud development. I hope NFF will give her a free hand.
Re: Eucharia Named Falcons Coach by FBS: 11:37am On Nov 27, 2009
Lesbianism Goal Of Nigerian Women Footballers: Uche Eucharia Challenges And Prospects
Uche Eucharia's open confession at the 'First Seminar on Women Football in Nigeria: Challenges and Prospects' packaged by the Nigeria Football Federation might have earned her the Super Falcons' top job.

During the seminar, Eucharia openly told the guests and participants that some of the female players oftentimes indulge in lesbianism.

"It was a very worrisome experience as some of our players indulge in lesbianism. Some went as far as renting rooms in hotels around the team's camp site where they satisfy their orgy. A good number of them even bring into the camp their men friends; a development that is detrimental to the team's preparation and participation in the competition at hand", Uche Eucharia said.

Soon after her testimony, the NFF president, Sani Lulu Abdullahi, announced that Eucharia should immediately take over as the Super Falcons Chief Coach while he would present the matter to the Executive Committee of the football house for ratification.
http://www.islamicafrica.com/News200903/NigerianNews/NigerianNews_0323.htm#poverty
-----

I guess this one na old story since she has been confirmed now.
Re: Eucharia Named Falcons Coach by AndreUweh(m): 11:47pm On Dec 01, 2009
This is a good news. There is no acceptable reason why men should be chosen to coach our falcons. The England female football team has always had women as coaches regardless of results.
Re: Eucharia Named Falcons Coach by mamagee3(f): 1:59am On Dec 02, 2009
Eucharia might do a good job
and earn NFF victory
. grin grin
Re: Eucharia Named Falcons Coach by FBS: 7:52am On Dec 02, 2009
She seems focused!
One thing  I don't understand is the constant dismal performance of the Super Falcons in intercontinenta/international competitions.
In Africa they are number 1 but once they get to FIFA tournaments they start to mess up.
Re: Eucharia Named Falcons Coach by AndreUweh(m): 8:33pm On Dec 02, 2009
Our falcons have not performed at the world stage because they are new in the business. Western countries have had female football played at the highest level prior to female football introduction in the olympic games as well as female world cup. Surely, Nigeria will get there.

(1) (Reply)

Cheap Air Max 2015 Shoes On Www.nikeflyknitlunar.com / What I Feel For Odion Ighalo / Sure Betting Games [whatsapp]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.