Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,077 members, 7,970,299 topics. Date: Wednesday, 09 October 2024 at 06:18 AM

Help: Am Commitmentphobic! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Help: Am Commitmentphobic! (721 Views)

Help!!!!!!!! Am Gradually Losing My Husband / Help Am Going Mad With Jealousy!!!! / Pls Help, Am Addicted To Prostitutes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help: Am Commitmentphobic! by bootstrap(m): 12:35pm On Nov 27, 2009
Hi haus, jus need som advice. Am 26+, but has neva been in a relationship; bt don't get me, ve had my fair share of, (u kno what). I kind of hv ways of excussing my self; u kno, am in sch, don't hav enuf money, no job yet, not a gud job, too busy, etc. bt now am sure am COMMITMENTPHOBIC (fear of commitment), Any advices please,
Re: Help: Am Commitmentphobic! by sistajay(f): 12:48pm On Nov 27, 2009
Commitmentphobic. . . . . . . . don't make me laugh you outta here!! You see these boots are made for walkin, and im gonna walk all over you!!
Re: Help: Am Commitmentphobic! by jaybee3(m): 12:50pm On Nov 27, 2009
Nothing wrong with being a loner if dats your forte tongue tongue
Re: Help: Am Commitmentphobic! by bootstrap(m): 1:04pm On Nov 27, 2009
@ jaybee, am not a loner (mel-sang tho), got a lot of lady friends, bt i jus don't let it get to the relationship part. 4 instance, durin my service yr i HUNG out with an older chic only coz the chances of any thin comin out of it was slim, and nothin did, we jus had a nice time, so, pple, is smtin wrong with me?
Re: Help: Am Commitmentphobic! by jaybee3(m): 1:15pm On Nov 27, 2009
You are just a bloody player and ain't nothing wrong with that.
It's ur time so enjoy while it last
Re: Help: Am Commitmentphobic! by iice(f): 1:15pm On Nov 27, 2009
Bootstrap Bill, the time will come when you will want commitment or not cheesy
Re: Help: Am Commitmentphobic! by bootstrap(m): 1:44pm On Nov 27, 2009
, player? am nothin close to that. i jus feel if i don't start makin efforts now, i'll get too old to adjust (LOL). I think my major problem is i hate failure somuch so that i'll rather not try if am not sure of a 90% success; i guess am jus sensitive and meticulous that way, bt that needs to change and quick too, so mo help plz!
Re: Help: Am Commitmentphobic! by scemchee(m): 1:57pm On Nov 27, 2009
@ dat is d game, don't get much involved else you ll break so many hearts, neva say dat word when you don't mean it.
there is nothing wrong with you, you are just being smart. aving and giving fun in return, at the end no one is hurt.
Re: Help: Am Commitmentphobic! by bootstrap(m): 2:02pm On Nov 27, 2009
@ iice
-BOOTSTRAP BILL? not gud, bt no worries, the FLYING DUCTCHMAN is headed 2wards u, brace ya self! anyway, my case is not as serious as BILLS yet; believe u -me; i use to kno him!
Re: Help: Am Commitmentphobic! by iice(f): 2:29pm On Nov 27, 2009
bootstrap:

@ iice
-BOOTSTRAP BILL? not gud, bt no worries, [b]the FLYING DUCTCHMAN [/b]is headed 2wards u, brace ya self! anyway, my case is not as serious as BILLS yet; believe u -me; i use to kno him!

I'll be waiting for him with bells on cheesy
Re: Help: Am Commitmentphobic! by bootstrap(m): 2:32pm On Nov 27, 2009
@scemchee
avin and giving fun in return is gud, bt 4 hw lng, i feel is kinda tym 4 som consistency (not as if i eva had one), thanks all the same bro!
Re: Help: Am Commitmentphobic! by ayomidej(f): 2:34pm On Nov 27, 2009
Proper grammar grin
Re: Help: Am Commitmentphobic! by fulldepth(m): 3:23pm On Nov 27, 2009
dont worry bootstrap, u're not the only one in this,  im also a comm(whatever u call it).
have been into more than 2(if not more) relationships and still counting,  cool cool cool
Re: Help: Am Commitmentphobic! by Nobody: 11:44pm On Nov 27, 2009
@poster
if you have never been in a relationship then you have serious problem.

sex has nothing to do with anything, the fact that you have never associated with a woman, shared something with a woman(other than fluid), deeply cared for someone of the other sex etc then i would say that your problem is MUCH bigger than commitment!

unless you are a VERY shy person, you need professional help and nothing someone here will say can truly help you.
Re: Help: Am Commitmentphobic! by ebonyz: 11:46pm On Nov 27, 2009
Atleast you know you have a problem. thats one step closer to finding the cure grin
Re: Help: Am Commitmentphobic! by topup: 4:45am On Nov 28, 2009
Seems to me that you have never actually practised looking for the sustainable type of girl and relationship, your criteria probably puts sex on high priority and often sex-based relationships are the last to be the ones you'll be fully committed to.

What you need is to open up your perspective, a woman can offer much more than just sexual pleasure, have you ever had a good female companion, who you feel you can truly talk with and open up about the man you really are to?

I really think you've spent 26 years doing the easy, and now it's just dawned on you that a great woman and committed relationship won't just drop on your lap, and that you'll have to work hard and persevere to make one last and to enrich one, not to mention search really hard.
Re: Help: Am Commitmentphobic! by Nobody: 12:28pm On Nov 28, 2009
Mr BootStrap, the only problem u got is dat u've nt fastened ur boot straps!!!
Get a life!
One has 2 make a sort of commitment someday, And You Will.
Re: Help: Am Commitmentphobic! by Nobody: 12:23am On Nov 29, 2009
welcome to my world though i aint scared of commitment what scares me is the girls that feign commitment and end up messing u up emotionally.so at times i dont get my emotions attached.but to think of it can a man's soul and mind be seperate.learn to be commited start by being closer to ur God.
Re: Help: Am Commitmentphobic! by mamagee3(f): 12:30am On Nov 29, 2009
@poster

This grammar can bring a nation together. grin grin

(1) (Reply)

You Meet Her Dot Come ->? / Why Most Nigerian Men Drop Some Of Their Womem Just Before Christmas / In Love

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.