Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,126 members, 7,887,254 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 04:37 AM

Is God Warning Us Not To Get Married? Please Advise... - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is God Warning Us Not To Get Married? Please Advise... (680 Views)

How Do You Deal With Pressure From Your Parents To Get Married? Please Help!!! / At 21 I Have The Urge To Get Married. Please Your Advice Is Needed. / If You’re Married, Please Don’t Try To Date Me, Lady Says (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is God Warning Us Not To Get Married? Please Advise... by OneofHis: 6:26am On Jan 20, 2017
Hi, I know this is long, but I wanted to give as much detail as possible...

I am American grew up Christian, but over the years, my faith deteriorated. Upon meeting my boyfriend (whom is Nigerian) my spiritual faith was renewed. Last year, I rededicated my life to the Lord. I've been loosing weight, depression no longer takes over me, and I've just been all around taking better care of the mind body that God gave me. I feel like a brand new person! I understand that it is not because of my boyfriend, but I can say that he truly helped me. I had to make the choice to want to improve my life, and he really just inspires me in a loving and Godly way.

Here is where I ask for your help. My boyfriend (whom I will call D) and I were together for a bit under a year and have been discussing marriage since around November. He is Pentecostal and I am a non denominationl Christian. He wanted to wait to hear back from his parents who he said know a wise prophet in Nigeria, before becoming officially engaged. This prophet has supposedly predicted the future in relationships of his sister, and other people he knows. This past weekend, he said that he thinks he needs to put an end to the relationship after hearing back from his parents. He said that the prophet said we would be great together for now, but in the future would be very turbulent. He couldn't say how far into the future. The prophet supposedly had a vision of a ship splitting/separating us, leaving each us on one side. D drowned in the vision and I did not try to save him.

The next day (Sunday morning) D called me sounding extremely down and very sick. He said that he prayed and fasted after hearing what the prophet said and that he himself had a dream that Saturday night and a vision after that; both of which involved water again. In the vision, he said that he fell into a well, and I tried to use a bucket to get all of the water out to save him, but the bucket would not retain the water I fetched--it would not full up, as if there was a hole in it. I ultimately gave up and left him, and he ended up drowning in the well. That same day, he said he called a different pastor in Nigeria and the pastor also told of a vision regarding something bad... I threw our baby on the ground and wanted to leave the marriage.

D is terrified. He said he feels he cannot marry me now, due to these dreams/visions. He said that the fact that multiple pastors had bad visions, and he himself had the water vision after speaking with them combined is reason to end the relationship. He said he loves me and this decision is hurting a great deal, but he does not want to disobey God by marrying me.

What on earth is going in here? I love D and I feel that he truly loves me! We compliment each other very well and we both love and want to please God. I have even gotten closer to God through many of D's traits and he has taught me so much. I can't see how God would want such a beautiful thing to end. When I refer back to God's word, he is a fitting choice for me as a husband, and I would compliment him as a good wife. We both make sure to put God before each other vs being so consumed with the relationship and for His will to be done.

I have been doing research regarding prophets, dreams and visions, only to find conflicting information. Anyone with knowledge on this? To my understanding, God does not have just one person for you. He gives us options, and it's ultimately our decision, and as long as we are not unequally yoked, Go has no issue.... so I'm not asking if D and I are soulmates, or if God chose him for me, because even if He did, God gives us free will. I think that we are a wonderful couple and he agrees that we would do so many amazing things together as a husband and wife team. We want to honor God in all we do and nowhere in the Bible or through my praying have I seen anything that would make us a bad fit.

Could these visions be a warning (not literal) to just pray about certain things that may arise in the future, or are we doomed as potential married couple? Could his mind be clouded due to the fear of what the Prophets said, or some extreme belief system? I truly think he's terrified. I don't believe he's using God as an excuse when he really doesn't want to be with me. I could be wrong, but I really do have a feeling that he's scared and worried...maybe brainwashed.

D is out of town and agreed to discuss things in person with me next week. Any advice on how to approach this without offending his beliefs will be greatly appreciated. Through prayer truly do not feel that we are a bad fit destined for failure. I welcome any Godly insight. Thank you!
Re: Is God Warning Us Not To Get Married? Please Advise... by Kakamorufu(m): 6:40am On Jan 20, 2017
Am not a soothsayer, but if you feel what they are saying is right, you better end it, to avoid stories that touch
Re: Is God Warning Us Not To Get Married? Please Advise... by bluesky2: 7:09am On Jan 20, 2017
Not in all cases such prophesy come to past. Of course if the revelation is true, God would just appreciate and want you to get closer to him. Of course with God you can overcome all obstacles. I've heard such prophesy before which I later found out to be false. I believe love overcomes all and God is love. Destiny changes through prayer.

1 Like

Re: Is God Warning Us Not To Get Married? Please Advise... by newyorks(m): 7:26am On Jan 20, 2017
first and foremost hw reliable is these pastors?some pastors are potential destiny killers through their mallicious and fallacy prophesies.

two of u should visit a marriage consel so that ur eyes would be widely open.
Re: Is God Warning Us Not To Get Married? Please Advise... by Greenbullet(m): 8:36am On Jan 20, 2017
you and your boyfriend are extremely senseless, I Dont think I have ever seen anyone as senseless as the both of you.SO YOU NEED THE APPROVAL OF A PROPHET TO GET MARRIED? IDIOTS LIKE YOU MAKE ME DOUBT IF HUMANITY STILL HAS HOPE.WHO GIVES A FUVK WHAT ANYONE HAS TO SAY ABOUT YOUXL,IS HE GONNA STAY WITH BOTH OF YOU ,IF NOT,GET ON WITH IT YOU STUPID PAIR.
Re: Is God Warning Us Not To Get Married? Please Advise... by ikp120(m): 9:43am On Jan 20, 2017
These days, after wetin I don see for those prophets hand eh, I don't even listen to those prophets again o.

Once you say you are a prophet, I will simply take a walk. angry

I don't hate them; I'm just being careful. Once beaten, twice shy cry

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Enemies Of Progress / My Testimony / Korean Movies Has Turn Must Of Our Girls To Mum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.