Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,267 members, 7,884,416 topics. Date: Tuesday, 09 July 2024 at 10:22 AM

Top 10 Profitable Skills To Acquire That Can Sustain You Without A Job After Sch - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Top 10 Profitable Skills To Acquire That Can Sustain You Without A Job After Sch (3271 Views)

10 Business Ideas That Can Sustain You And Put Extra Money In Your Pocket / I Need Tips On Online Businesses/jobs That Can Sustain Me As An Undergraduate / Bitter Truth-salary Alone Cannot Sustain You...don't Rely Soley On It!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Top 10 Profitable Skills To Acquire That Can Sustain You Without A Job After Sch by frankbin2000(m): 12:03pm On Jan 20, 2017
According to recent statistics released by the National Bureau of Statistics, In 3rd quarter of 2016, the labour force population (i.e those within the working age population willing, able and actively looking for work) increased to 80.67 million from 79.9 million in second quarter. The report stated that the number of unemployed persons increased by 555,311. This statistics grew even further by last quarter of 2016 as lots of organization packed up while other cut jobs.

All these notwithstanding, the country produces not less than 1.8 million graduates every year, who is willing to employ them and how many can they employ?

These questions and statistics have prompted this write up; have you asked yourself, what are your chances of getting a job immediately after school? These days, the aspect of job satisfaction is no longer an issue, many will say, let’s get any job first.

Instead of thinking of who will employ you after school or how long it might take to land any job, I think you should consider acquiring a skill.

Skill acquisition is the best thing that can happen to an undergraduate before graduation in this current dispensation. The skill acquired could vary according to your interest but it can go a long way to sustaining you and your family after school.

But before listing these top profitable skills, some of you may ask why should I acquire a skill when I am reading a professional course like Medicine, Engineering, Pharmacy, Accountancy or even Law, well, I want you to do a little survey within your neighbourhood or social media friends, ask whom among them read the above mentioned courses, when they graduated, how many of them are currently employed, what kind of job are they employed in and how much they earn.

Many after graduation end up doing nothing or working with a law firm where they are paid 30k per month and same with medical doctors working with private clinics.

Another reason you need to acquire these skills is that, with the knowledge, you need little to no fund to startup So, the case of looking for funding will not arise until you have established yourself, made a name and seeking to expand. With acquired skills, you can only be providing solutions or solving people’s problems. Are you with me? Now let’s get to business.

Top 10 Profitable Skills to acquire that can sustain you without a job after school:

1 Fashion Design

The fashion industry does not know the meaning of recession. This industry grows yearly and as well the profit margins. If you are creative and the trendy type, you will make it in this industry. Also, in Africa, we are good at organizing/attending occasions in uniform and there is no week in Nigeria that people are not celebrating or mourning. When you are good at designing or sewing, you will be overwhelmed with job orders. A friend once said that if you can survive the disappointment of a Nigerian tailor, you can survive any disappointment. What this implies is that they hardly keep up with delivery date; this could be out of too much job order or just another lazy tailor (many of them are). So if you are good, creative and keep up with the latest design in vogue as well as keep to time, then this industry is definitely a go for you.

2 Makeup/Manicure/Pedicure

This is another industry that is profitable and does not require a degree to startup. All you need is acquire the skills, be good with colour and know how to pamper your customers and I bet you will never lack money if you are good at it. Many students, male and female alike are already in this niche. On a weekly basis, most females, professionals and students wear new nails. They pamper their face to look good especially during ceremonies. It is worthy to note that males in this industry make it faster than there female counterpart if they know the skill very well, want to know the reason? Male touch up is definitely irresistible to most female clients whom love to be pampered at all times.

3 Hair Dressing/Barbing

Looking good is good business that every individual loves. Men always cut their hair to look smart and tidy, while the women folks dress their hair to look gorgeous. Many individuals cut/dress their hair on a weekly basis. If you can learn how to cut or dress men or ladies hair respectively, you can earn a steady income for yourself. This remains one of the most profitable and lucrative business that also does not require huge capital depending on how you want to start and location. I have an idea for people that wish to venture into this business. Because of the viability of the business, almost every street corner has a hair dressing salon or barbing shop. Once you acquire this skill, try to engage your customers in conversation while cutting their hair, this has been proven to bring repeat customers. Also location matters, you should look for a corner without a barber’s shop to set up yours or looking for developing areas to start.

4 Photography

During my days in higher institution, I was not the picture type but every day I pass the picture stands, the traffic flow remains intimidating. People loves keeping memories and the best way to do this is through picture documenting. Go to ceremonies, eateries, school and even funerals, etc photographers abound, both invited and uninvited. To get ahead in the photography business, you need to understand the art of digital photography, be creative, canvass your clients work and give them great designs that will keep them coming back to you or referring you to their family and friends. Some photo studios will also engage you to just take pictures and get paid. Also be up to date with new technologies to spice up your work and keep you ahead of your game. Contact BlueMoon Photography on how to learn the skill of Photography.

This article is courtesy of The Total Entrepreneurs, to get the remaining top profitable skills, please kindly visit the link https://thetotalentrepreneurs.com/top-10-profitable-skills-to-acquire/

And if you're having difficulty saving money, these online savings platforms https://thetotalentrepreneurs.com/online-savings-platforms-with-high-interest-nigeria/ might help you save for that future investment or startup capital.
Re: Top 10 Profitable Skills To Acquire That Can Sustain You Without A Job After Sch by opejole: 12:43pm On Jan 20, 2017
We always tell them but they wont listen jare.tnx 4 d post bro.God ll increase ur knowledge[quote author=frankbin2000 post=52970935]According to recent statistics released by the National Bureau of Statistics, In 3rd quarter of 2016, the labour force population (i.e those within the working age population willing, able and actively looking for work) increased to 80.67 million from 79.9 million in second quarter. The report stated that the number of unemployed persons increased by 555,311. This statistics grew even further by last quarter of 2016 as lots of organization packed up while other cut jobs.

All these notwithstanding, the country produces not less than 1.8 million graduates every year, who is willing to employ them and how many can they employ?

These questions and statistics have prompted this write up; have you asked yourself, what are your chances of getting a job immediately after school? These days, the aspect of job satisfaction is no longer an issue, many will say, let’s get any job first.

Instead of thinking of who will employ you after school or how long it might take to land any job, I think you should consider acquiring a skill.

Skill acquisition is the best thing that can happen to an undergraduate before graduation in this current dispensation. The skill acquired could vary according to your interest but it can go a long way to sustaining you and your family after school.

But before listing these top profitable skills, some of you may ask why should I acquire a skill when I am reading a professional course like Medicine, Engineering, Pharmacy, Accountancy or even Law, well, I want you to do a little survey within your neighbourhood or social media friends, ask whom among them read the above mentioned courses, when they graduated, how many of them are currently employed, what kind of job are they employed in and how much they earn.

Many after graduation end up doing nothing or working with a law firm where they are paid 30k per month and same with medical doctors working with private clinics.

Another reason you need to acquire these skills is that, with the knowledge, you need little to no fund to startup So, the case of looking for funding will not arise until you have established yourself, made a name and seeking to expand. With acquired skills, you can only be providing solutions or solving people’s problems. Are you with me? Now let’s get to business.

Top 10 Profitable Skills to acquire that can sustain you without a job after school:

1 Fashion Design

The fashion industry does not know the meaning of recession. This industry grows yearly and as well the profit margins. If you are creative and the trendy type, you will make it in this industry. Also, in Africa, we are good at organizing/attending occasions in uniform and there is no week in Nigeria that people are not celebrating or mourning. When you are good at designing or sewing, you will be overwhelmed with job orders. A friend once said that if you can survive the disappointment of a Nigerian tailor, you can survive any disappointment. What this implies is that they hardly keep up with delivery date; this could be out of too much job order or just another lazy tailor (many of them are). So if you are good, creative and keep up with the latest design in vogue as well as keep to time, then this industry is definitely a go for you.

2 Makeup/Manicure/Pedicure

This is another industry that is profitable and does not require a degree to startup. All you need is acquire the skills, be good with colour and know how to pamper your customers and I bet you will never lack money if you are good at it. Many students, male and female alike are already in this niche. On a weekly basis, most females, professionals and students wear new nails. They pamper their face to look good especially during ceremonies. It is worthy to note that males in this industry make it faster than there female counterpart if they know the skill very well, want to know the reason? Male touch up is definitely irresistible to most female clients whom love to be pampered at all times.

3 Hair Dressing/Barbing

Looking good is good business that every individual loves. Men always cut their hair to look smart and tidy, while the women folks dress their hair to look gorgeous. Many individuals cut/dress their hair on a weekly basis. If you can learn how to cut or dress men or ladies hair respectively, you can earn a steady income

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Urgent Please, How Can I Sell My Ebook / FG signed N240bn Power & Refinery Deal With EU / Liberty Reserve Shutdown. Owner Arthur Budovsky Belanchuk Arrested.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.