Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,319 members, 7,964,368 topics. Date: Wednesday, 02 October 2024 at 12:35 PM

COMPARING: Early Denial Of MMM Failure Vs Present Denial Of Buhari's Failure. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / COMPARING: Early Denial Of MMM Failure Vs Present Denial Of Buhari's Failure. (683 Views)

Naomi Campbell's Controversial Handshake With Buhari, Failure Of Protocol / Atiku Has Been Plotting Buhari’s Failure Since 2014 – Mohammed Lawal / Lady Protests In Akwa Ibom Over Buhari's Failure To Probe Akpabio (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

COMPARING: Early Denial Of MMM Failure Vs Present Denial Of Buhari's Failure. by drsugar: 4:07pm On Jan 20, 2017
The thread is for intellectuals only.
To understand this topic, read more about 'cognitive dissonance' on Wikipedia.

You wonder why so many MMM participants were defending MMM vehemently despite it being so obvious that it was going to fail. It's not that those people were foolish, it's due to cognitive dissonance. Some of them were well educated and informed.

Some of us are also wondering why so many Nigerians are refusing to see right now that Buhari and his team are already failing and not living up to expectations at all and will probably end up failing like MMM .
If you can call MMM a con/scam for not living up to promises made, then you should call Buhari and ApC a scam right now.

The economy is bad, it's this, it's that but look at Buhari and APC guys and their families, they are all living like kings while you the masses are suffering. People's husbands, daughters, sons, mothers are being killed due to incompetency from the leadership of our country in handling insurgency . (I know you'll say it's not their fault)

Cognitive dissonance means that if you are in a way part of a thing from the beginning , you may find it difficult to criticise it when it's obviously failing or bound to fail.

Most people that were against GEJ or Pro Buhari during the last elections now find it psychologically difficult to criticise Buhari even though it's obvious he's not living up to expectations, just like MMM participants were doing before the crashing became obvious. They find it difficult to convince themselves psychologically that they made a wrong choice. They come up with different rationalisations to convince themselves that they were not wrong or fooled(like saying there was no alternative in the case of voting Buhari OR the risk is worth taking in the case of MMM)

NB: Buhari is not fighting any corruption. What he's doing is called systematic silencing of opposition and propaganda (media Trial). The next government after APC no matter what will also still shock you when they open the books of PMB and Co to reveal their own corruptions presently on-going right now. So what's the point?

The masses should demand for dividends of democracy that they much deserve and it's long overdue.

Look at yourself, look at your father, look at your mother, sisters,brothers. Look at how you are living compared to how those you call your leaders and their families are living, like kings. I ask, who is the fool - You as a supporter or them?

It's time for constructive criticism of Buhari even if you voted for him.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: COMPARING: Early Denial Of MMM Failure Vs Present Denial Of Buhari's Failure. by MOSTEC(m): 4:10pm On Jan 20, 2017
50/50. Shikena
Re: COMPARING: Early Denial Of MMM Failure Vs Present Denial Of Buhari's Failure. by mengho(m): 4:23pm On Jan 20, 2017
Summary All politicians are corrupt Even Buhari & AFC is The same, that's what op is trying to say.
Re: COMPARING: Early Denial Of MMM Failure Vs Present Denial Of Buhari's Failure. by xmich(m): 5:25pm On Jan 20, 2017
Space bkd
Re: COMPARING: Early Denial Of MMM Failure Vs Present Denial Of Buhari's Failure. by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jan 20, 2017
Front page loading....
Let me park
Re: COMPARING: Early Denial Of MMM Failure Vs Present Denial Of Buhari's Failure. by idupaul: 5:28pm On Jan 20, 2017
I voted for him but within 9 months I knew he wasn't going to achieve a singer thing and will never because he is a very shallow thinker that lacks any gift of wisdom or vision ..Allow Buhari to lead a group of rocks and I tell you they will go extinct with time

1 Like

Re: COMPARING: Early Denial Of MMM Failure Vs Present Denial Of Buhari's Failure. by gurunlocker: 5:53pm On Jan 20, 2017
Nice article Bro really nice.... 9/10
Re: COMPARING: Early Denial Of MMM Failure Vs Present Denial Of Buhari's Failure. by drsugar: 8:16pm On Jan 20, 2017
gurunlocker:
Nice article Bro really nice.... 9/10
Thanks boss. Seun , lalasticlala , mynd44 We need to start asking questions from our government ooh, the same way oga lala was with mmm . They are living like kings and telling us there is recession/ no money. I'm not a poor guy by Nigerian standard of today ooh but I just feel we are not less than a failure as our government if we fail to speak up when and where we can.
Re: COMPARING: Early Denial Of MMM Failure Vs Present Denial Of Buhari's Failure. by Greatidonis: 8:38am On Jan 21, 2017
Excellent piece I lost alot of money in MMM I deluded myself that I will get back my money, but since the animals came back this January I knew that I'm on a long thing. Same goes for this sinking government they have missed it all we are suffering for it and that's why some of us even took the part of MMM they keep saying they know what they are doing jobs are being lost every day, they said go to farm with which land? Those in farm are being killed by fulani herdsmen, when will all this things get back to normal? This government is like MMM they live large fly abroad for medicals while our doctors are not paid strike here and there, I pity Nigerians by the time some know this it will be too late meanwhile the suffering continues.

(1) (Reply)

Blue Diamond Boss-festus Mbisiogu Builds Hospital For His Community Umuchima / Kaduna Crisis: Its Result Of Christians And Muslims Attacking Each Other- Shehu / Civil Defence, Peace Corps In Turf War!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.