Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,406 members, 7,901,118 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 12:15 AM

PwC Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 - Jobs/Vacancies (47) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / PwC Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 (325643 Views)

Pwc Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2018 / Pwc Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2018 / Apply For The MTN Nigeria Graduate Personal Assistant Recruitment 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (96) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PwC Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by nwagbaradav: 10:57am On Mar 30, 2017
NaturalNerd:
Nobody's has really given specific details on how to prepare for the OPQ. Because tbh, me I'm kinda lost o.

Source: 2015 thread Nairaland. (Forgotten the Monika. I just copied it, and saved it later for reviews.)

"I might be able to help here, as I have been in the recruitment scene for a while now.

The personality test is simply a test to figure out if your personality traits are in line with the ideal PwC person; innovative, outspoken, gregarious, team player and honest, etc.

Because of the kind of role they play as consultants, being extroverted and focused is a major trait they look for, that's where the personality test comes to play. They check to see if you can relate well with people, help others, respect their views, etc while voicing your opinions and going with what you think is right even if you hate it or everyone tells you you're wrong.

If a substantial amount of your answers contradict what they want, it deems you unlikely to fit in the firm.

Personality tests also take account of time. They expect you to select a choice from reflex, as that is a great indication of your actions. When you spend time thinking of a scenario, they get the impression you are trying to cheat the system.

Next time you are taking a personality test, try to understand what the firm values and considers important, as their answer key is based ENTIRELY on the firm's values and ethics, not on what you think is right."

Hope this helps?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PwC Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by nwagbaradav: 11:03am On Mar 30, 2017
Going through the older thread, it was stated that interviews begin as early as 2-3 days at the end of the OPQ, hence it is advised to start preparing for interview cos u may write earlier than you anticipate.

Excerpts from the 2015 thread which I saved include:
"Did mine today. 

Group presentation.....You guys will be divided into two groups to face different panels. make sure you say something during your group deliberations. They would give u guys a topic and give you time to deliberate amongst yourselves. Only one person will present for d group so d others will all be scored based on their participation in d deliberation. They won't interrupt d group during ur deliberations but they would be watching and scoring you guys. 

If it seems like everybody is talking and u haven't said anything, instead of fretting, just try and think of some points that no one has raised and introduce it. It would instantly make ur contribution distinct and noticeable. (Be sure they r sensible points though )
....and try not to fight over who to present. 

One on one interview. Largely depends on your panel and ur answers. Grace and favor comes into play here. You will be interviewed by d same panel before whom u did d group presentation. You might want to get there early cuz d interview will be based on d order in which u arrived. In my group I was d third to be interviewed and d waiting period didn't help me at all. I was already bone tired from waiting for hours. That was even d first thing d panel noticed and commented on. I can only imagine what those who interviewed after me must have felt like. 
Apart from normal interview questions most of d questions will be based on ur answers to preceeding questions so you might want to think your answers through.

Na only God know those wey go get d job jare. I don do my part. 

Good luck to all of us."

"Hey..I had my interview yesterday. I guess it went and d pwc staff are very pleasant.. first of all, I was asked to tell them about myself and why I think I have the skills to work at pwc.I was also asked questions about:
1.leadership roles- this included questions about my reaction to hypothetical scenarios where my group members refused to work.
2. Any topical issues except xenophobia  , expect follow up questions on your topical issue
3. Time I faced an ethical threat with a friend and my reaction to such threat.
4. Some basic audit questions relating to sales cut off (guess I was asked this because of present place of work)
5. An accounting standard ( guess it's because I'm currently writing ACCA)
6. how I build and keep relationships with people

My advice is to take time to think about your answers so your answers make sense and if you don't know the answer to a question, don't be shy to say " I don't know".
The interviewers would see right through you. They are good like that..

I hope this is of some help to those yet to have their interviewers and best of luck to those yet to have interviews".

PS: I didn't save their Monika's, and there is no guarantee that the process shall be the same. Just so u may have an idea of the previous years if u ain't got time to run through the whole thread.

Hope this helps.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: PwC Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by dair(m): 11:05am On Mar 30, 2017
Regret mail. How come? Really wish we could know the cut off scores cry
Re: PwC Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by Sambest2(m): 11:27am On Mar 30, 2017
As expected: Regret mail received.

Special thanks to TheRealAdonye, you have been really helpful.

To others: The OPQ you'll take has 104 blocks, A screen will bring 2 blocks at a time, each block has 3 statements and you are to select which is "Most" and "Least" like you, expected time is 25 mins though its untimed.

Permit me to say that the OPQ is not "just" based on PwC core values. wink

5 Likes

Re: PwC Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by mayoor15(m): 11:36am On Mar 30, 2017
Sambest2:

To others: The OPQ you'll take has 104 blocks, A screen will bring 2 blocks at a time, each block has 3 statements and you are to select which is "Most" and "Least" like you, expected time is 25 mins though its untimed.

Wow, it will always end in joy, but don't worry...I trust God

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PwC Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by LordOO1: 1:59pm On Mar 30, 2017
Trapqueeen:

I got the congratulatory message yesterday from CEB with the link for the actual test. While Ms Oyeneye sent a confirmation this morning. However, be advised that you can't do the OPQ without the email from CEB, so you should email her and explain your situation.

Thanks for responding, m'lady. The congratulatory email from SHL has been lurking somewhere in my email since yesterday. Just saw it now.
Re: PwC Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by Trapqueeen: 2:17pm On Mar 30, 2017
LordOO1:

Thanks for responding, m'lady. The congratulatory email from SHL has been lurking somewhere in my email since yesterday. Just saw it now.

Perfect! Félicitations et bon chance! wink
Re: PwC Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by Gnen: 3:10pm On Mar 30, 2017
Trapqueeen:

Perfect! Félicitations et bon chance! wink
Is this French or Spanish?
Re: PwC Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by OversightTM(m): 3:40pm On Mar 30, 2017
Sambest2:

Wish you all the best in your future endeavours.

But what do you mean by this: 'Permit me to say that the OPQ is not "just" based on PwC core values'?
Re: PwC Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by OversightTM(m): 3:44pm On Mar 30, 2017
Gnen:
Is this French or Spanish?
Le français definitely
Re: PwC Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by moxiesera: 4:40pm On Mar 30, 2017
Pls guyz ive attempted d practice questions and ive done it as honest as i can bt men, im not having gud grades oo. Are u realy sure of d whole honesty stuff and also how do one spot control questions? Any Idea someone cry
Re: PwC Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by Samkeniyy(m): 4:54pm On Mar 30, 2017
moxiesera:
Pls guyz ive attempted d practice questions and ive done it as honest as i can bt men, im not having gud grades oo. Are u realy sure of d whole honesty stuff and also how do one spot control questions? Any Idea someone cry
Which one did you attempt. The Personality or the Situation Judgement Test
Re: PwC Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by r4blessing: 5:06pm On Mar 30, 2017
moxiesera:
control questions in wat sense
Re: PwC Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by nwagbaradav: 5:22pm On Mar 30, 2017
moxiesera:

Ur results "I think" should be in a bar form... Showing green, yellow, or red... (1-5). Kindly elaborate, let's see how we can help!
Re: PwC Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by moxiesera: 6:26pm On Mar 30, 2017
I tried the personality test on shl online. By control questions i mean, questions dat test whether ur lieing. Lastly, i find myself within d range of 2-3 (less likly -moderately likely) in some key attrribute and i realy try to be as honest as i can. Wat do i do?
Re: PwC Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by Samkeniyy(m): 6:41pm On Mar 30, 2017
My practice test feedback cool

1 Like

Re: PwC Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by mayoor15(m): 6:46pm On Mar 30, 2017
Like sambest said, it's not about pwc values alone, you can't cheat yourself, you are who you are, you guys are only creating unnecessary panic for yourselves by doing the sample test cos from my observation of pwc, their sample questions are usually tough, if you are not very careful you lose your confidence before you start d real deal. I did mine without doing d sample test on SHL website but I don't regret doing that, just open your test and get off with it, d more you see people's comment the more you fear, the questions will always put you on difficult spots asking to pick between three close attributes but you can always be smart about it with God's help, like I do say, if the job is yours, you will get it...No need creating unnecessary panic over a small thing.....Let me go back to my mountain

3 Likes

Re: PwC Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by r4blessing: 6:55pm On Mar 30, 2017
one thing you guys should be aware of is dat shl has two categories of personality test one is the normative version which is the one for the example while the other is the ipsative version which is the one that uses force choice mostly like me and least like me. pwc tends to prefer the ipsative version as it is hard to fake. so try your hands on the ipsative version before concluding that you are ready

2 Likes

Re: PwC Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by Samkeniyy(m): 6:55pm On Mar 30, 2017
mayoor15:
Like sambest said, it's not about pwc values alone, you can't cheat yourself, you are who you are, you guys are only creating unnecessary panic for yourselves by doing the sample test cos from my observation of pwc, their sample questions are usually tough, if you are not very careful you lose your confidence before you start d real deal. I did mine without doing d sample test on SHL website but I don't regret doing that, just open your test and get off with it, d more you see people's comment the more you fear, the questions will always put you on difficult spots asking to pick between three close attributes but you can always be smart about it with God's help, like I do say, if the job is yours, you will get it...No need creating unnecessary panic over a small thing.....Let me go back to my mountain
Sharp guy. Hope its not up to 104 blocks as sambest2 indicated
Re: PwC Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by nwagbaradav: 6:56pm On Mar 30, 2017
moxiesera:
I tried the personality test on shl online. By control questions i mean, questions dat test whether ur lieing. Lastly, i find myself within d range of 2-3 (less likly -moderately likely) in some key attrribute and i realy try to be as honest as i can. Wat do i do?

Well... I haven't taken d personality tests b4, so I can't guarantee you d correct solutions, but one thing is "sure". They don't see your answers. Only your results. Tailor your answers to produce better results. Perhaps u were usually "in- between" with your answer choices. Try the test again, with a diff approach, n see the difference in answers. But then again... Am a newbie to shl exams.

Hope this helps?

1 Like

Re: PwC Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by nwagbaradav: 6:59pm On Mar 30, 2017
r4blessing:
one thing you guys should be aware of is dat shl has two categories of personality test one is the normative version which is the one for the example while the other is the ipsative version which is the one that uses force choice mostly like me and least like me. pwc tends to prefer the ipsative version as it is hard to fake. so try your hands on the ipsative version before concluding that you are ready

I don't understand what ipsative and force choice means. Kindly elaborate please. Thanks
Re: PwC Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by nwagbaradav: 7:01pm On Mar 30, 2017
mayoor15:

Congrats ..
Kindly give us an estimated amount of questions, and the "allocated" timing ... My laptop ba3 isn't wonderful... So I'll know when to start and maximum number of hours.
Re: PwC Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by moxiesera: 7:04pm On Mar 30, 2017
Pls wat are d three close attributes?
Re: PwC Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by r4blessing: 7:15pm On Mar 30, 2017
nwagbaradav:

I don't understand what ipsative and force choice means. Kindly elaborate please. Thanks
you are giving three statement from which u have to pick one statement u mostly agree it and one you least agree with. it might seem difficult because sometimes the three statement are all good or all bad but just go with who you are
Re: PwC Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by mayoor15(m): 7:18pm On Mar 30, 2017
nwagbaradav:

Congrats ..
Kindly give us an estimated amount of questions, and the "allocated" timing ... My laptop ba3 isn't wonderful... So I'll know when to start and maximum number of hours.
allocated time is 25 minutes but the test itself isn't timed.... You have 52 questions and you are to pick 2 most likely and 2 least likely per question meaning you have to click about 208 boxes out of 312 remember you have to read it all...My advice tailor you answers to pwc strength a little and be realistic atimes, the test is to be enjoyed not taken too seriously, that is how pwc will really know who you are, work-fun balance is needed, timing is also important, just do it for fun not necessarily like its a do it die thing, if Providence says you make it great, if otherwise move on to the next big thing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PwC Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by mayoor15(m): 7:20pm On Mar 30, 2017
Samkeniyy:

104 blocks, 2 block per page, 3 attributes per block and you need to pick the most and least likely per block
Re: PwC Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by moxiesera: 7:25pm On Mar 30, 2017
Tanks guyz. Will jst try my best and hope its gud enough. Tanks for d info. May we all be moved to d next level. Amen.
Re: PwC Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by r4blessing: 7:33pm On Mar 30, 2017
moxiesera:
Tanks guyz. Will jst try my best and hope its gud enough. Tanks for d info. May we all be moved to d next level. Amen.
amen
Re: PwC Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by Sambest2(m): 7:44pm On Mar 30, 2017
Samkeniyy:

smiley
Re: PwC Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by Gnen: 10:28pm On Mar 30, 2017
Sambest2:

smiley
Sam, You've been fantastic, Wish you the very best bro.
Re: PwC Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by Sambest2(m): 10:36pm On Mar 30, 2017
Gnen:
Sam, You've been fantastic, Wish you the very best bro.

Thanks so much!, wish you the very best too.
Re: PwC Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by Superdont: 12:06am On Mar 31, 2017
Sambest... Wish you God's best in your endeavors as you move on...

Please folks, I want to practice on SHL... Will I use the password I was given for practice too?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (96) (Reply)

Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 / INEC Recruitment 2014 (ADHOC Staff Vacancies)-apply / Gtbank Test Of Wednesday 20th June 2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.