Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,992 members, 7,873,193 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 09:39 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 - Travel (272) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (711377 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) ... (409) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by oladave02: 11:26pm On Jun 01, 2017
[quote author=OluDare01 post=57093686]
DHL is more expensive. FedEx is about $97 the last time I checked. Tell him to use USPS [/quotes]

Tell your uncle to try Skynet. its fast and reliable. I used it to send documents to my school in the US
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by texrem(m): 11:40pm On Jun 01, 2017
toluene1234:
Hello gurus.

When your school says Your official letter of acceptance will be mailed to you shortly: Will it contain d I20? Will it be mailed through courier service or email.
Please help me clarify that.

Thanks

No that should be sent to your email. when your i20 is ready..u will be notified.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Onoa(f): 11:53pm On Jun 01, 2017
Visa approval.
Hello house!.To the Glory of God, my Visa was approved today 1st of June at the Lagos consulate!! As i have learnt a lot from the transcripts on this thread, i decided to share mine for the benefit of others.
My appointment was for 7a.m, but I arrived few minutes after 6 am. Everything was quick and orderly and I was done with all by 7:20am.

I was next in line to be interviewed by the VO in window 3 (a young pretty Lady). Here is my transcript:

VO: good morning
Me: good morning (with a smile)

Vo: please pass me your documents
Me: passed them (passport, i20 and sevis receipt)

Vo: I'm going to be asking you a lot of questions (in a slightly jovial tone)

..I was shocked because I don't know why she said that..
Me: okay( guess she just wanted to chat)

Vo: Why are you going to the U.S.?
Me: I am going for my master's degree in Interdepartmental Nutrition with emphasis in Biochemical and Molecular Nutrition at University of Nebraska- Lincoln

Vo:When did you graduate?
Me:Nov. 2015

Vo:What have you been doing..(told her Nysc)
Me: I went for my compulsory youth service which I finished in April this year.

Vo:Where did you work during your Nysc?
Me: I worked as a laboratory assistant in the pathology department of a health and diagnostics centre at Ikeja.

Vo:What tests did you carry out in the path. department?
Me: (wasn't expecting this question) tests for malaria, typhoid,....(thinking)..tests for pathogens in stool, ..Renal function tests, Liver Function tests...

Vo: (nodding) then cuts in..What did you study in your undergrad?
Me: Biochemistry

Vo: so tell me, what is Biochemistry and tell me the courses you did and explain some?
Me: Biochemistry is the study of chemical processes that take place in living things such as plants, animals, humans (in my mind, I was like, thank God I prepared for this question)...i studied general biochemistry, so I was introduced to different fields that relate to Bch such as food Bch, plant Bch, industrial Bch, pharmacology, enzymology. I was also taught nutritional Bch which I picked interest in and am going for, for my Ms...started talking about how studies show importance of nutrition to good health.. She just kept nodding and staring at me and typing. I made sure I maintained eye contact.

Vo:How did you get to know about the school?
Me: I found out about the school through extensive research on the internet and by streamlining my search based on my area of interest and the availability of funding opportunities.

Vo:How many schools did you apply to?
Me:5

Vo:Name them?
Me:Uni of Neb., Uni of Delaware, Uni of Kentucky, Texas tech uni and Cornell Uni.
..she said something about Cornell, like her dad works there or went there..i didn't reply

Vo:Have you travelled outside Nigeria?
Me: No

Vo:Have you travelled inside Nigeria?
Me: (really?)Yes, I schooled in Ogun state and i have been to my state of origin, Edo state,.. didn't feel like mentioning others.

Vo:Who is sponsoring you?
Me:I was offered a research assistantship which covers my tuition, health insurance and offers me a generous stipend...my mum would be paying for the rest.

Vo:What does she do?
Me: She owns an English teaching support service..she publishes books and offers training in English to students and staff of pri and sec schools..

Vo: gave me the white paper, ..said some things I honestly didn't hear, about when to pick up the visa (sometime next week) and I would need these(my i20 and sevis receipt)....
Me: (smiling) Okay, thank you, have a nice day..

Vo: have a safe flight.

Thanks to all those keeping this thread alive and thanks to SirRiddy for reviewing my SOP back then.

Am sure whatever I would say has been said before already, but I'd like to emphasize, that prayer is very important, it definitely helped boost my confidence and gave me the grace to remember and fluently answer the questions, because she really didn't pause at anytime, the questions just kept coming. Preparation is also key, although I prayed hard to be asked only 3 questions (lol), I made efforts to prepare very well for any question that might be asked. Best wishes to future applicants!.

Profile: GPA- 4.52/5.00
GRE: V- 155, Q- 155, AWA- 3.5
TOEFL: 111

47 Likes 4 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by godG: 11:59pm On Jun 01, 2017
Hi, folks:

How is it going?
I have a few hundred $ to sell at 380. If you want it as cash, let me know.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by godG: 12:05am On Jun 02, 2017
Onoa:
Visa approval.
Hello house!.To the Glory of God, my Visa was approved today 1st of June at the Lagos m

I was next in line to be interviewed by the VO in window 3 (a young pretty Lady). Here is my transcript:

Thanks to all those keeping this thread alive and thanks to SirRiddy for reviewing my SOP back then.

Am sure whatever I would say has been said before already, but I'd like to emphasize, that prayer is very important, it definitely helped boost my confidence and gave me the grace to remember and fluently answer the questions, because she really didn't pause at anytime, the questions just kept coming. Preparation is also key, although I prayed hard to be asked only 3 questions (lol), I made efforts to prepare very well for any question that might be asked. Best wishes to future applicants!.

Congrats on your success. Impressive profile. I like it when folks are going to school somewhere in Midwest. smiley Life is so laidback there. May Christ ease your path.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by shabol54(f): 1:23am On Jun 02, 2017
Onoa:
Visa approval.
Hello house!.To the Glory of God, my Visa was approved today 1st of June at the Lagos consulate!! As i have learnt a lot from the transcripts on this thread, i decided to share mine for the benefit of others.
My appointment was for 7a.m, but I arrived few minutes after 6 am. Everything was quick and orderly and I was done with all by 7:20am.

Me: I am going for my master's degree in Interdepartmental Nutrition with emphasis in Biochemical and Molecular Nutrition at University of Nebraska- Lincoln

Me: I worked as a laboratory assistant in the pathology department of a health and diagnostics centre at Ikeja.

Me: (wasn't expecting this question) tests for malaria, typhoid,....(thinking)..tests for pathogens in stool, ..Renal function tests, Liver Function tests...

Vo: so tell me, what is Biochemistry and tell me the courses you did and explain some?
Me: Biochemistry is the study of chemical processes that take place in living things such as plants, animals, humans (in my mind, I was like, thank God I prepared for this question)...i studied general biochemistry, so I was introduced to different fields that relate to Bch such as food Bch, plant Bch, industrial Bch, pharmacology, enzymology. I was also taught nutritional Bch which I picked interest in and am going for, for my Ms...started talking about how studies show importance of nutrition to good health.. She just kept nodding and staring at me and typing. I made sure I maintained eye contact.

Me: I found out about the school through extensive research on the internet and by streamlining my search based on my area of interest and the availability of funding opportunities.

Me:Uni of Neb., Uni of Delaware, Uni of Kentucky, Texas tech uni and Cornell Uni.
..she said something about Cornell, like her dad works there or went there..i didn't reply

Me: (really?)Yes, I schooled in Ogun state and i have been to my state of origin, Edo state,.. didn't feel like mentioning others.

Me:I was offered a research assistantship which covers my tuition, health insurance and offers me a generous stipend...my mum would be paying for the rest.

Me: She owns an English teaching support service..she publishes books and offers training in English to students and staff of pri and sec schools..

Vo: gave me the white paper, ..said some things I honestly didn't hear, about when to pick up the visa (sometime next week) and I would need these(my i20 and sevis receipt)....

Congratulations, enjoy Trumpland.....

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by chinemomah2020(m): 1:27am On Jun 02, 2017
Onoa Visa approval.

Very sweet transcript.. God bless you for sharing your transcript in full.. Cheers!

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by OluDare01(m): 2:00am On Jun 02, 2017
Na me you quote [quote author=oladave02 post=57106449][/quote]
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by OluDare01(m): 2:03am On Jun 02, 2017
Onoa congratulations and welcome to the midwest.
I'm sure you'd enjoy Nebraska cheesy

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by toluene1234: 2:56am On Jun 02, 2017
texrem:

No that should be sent to your email. when your i20 is ready..u will be notified.

Thanks bro for the clarification. God bless you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by toluene1234: 2:57am On Jun 02, 2017
biikeys:

Why don't you ask them? While an acceptance letter is different from an I-20, they are usually mailed together. Just ask
I think the best thing is to ask them. Thanks I really appreciate you. God bless

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by toluene1234: 2:58am On Jun 02, 2017
Oseni007:
Yes,it will contain your 1-20 and will be sent via a courier service.
Thanks for your time and response. God bless you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by omoluabiguy: 3:17am On Jun 02, 2017
I wish all the June visa applicants success and more testimonies here this new month.
#TeamFall2017 is gradually rounding up to take off. grin cheesy

6 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by obaxlove(m): 4:03am On Jun 02, 2017
Please guys, I just received an email from the evaluation body (IERF) I subscribed to to evaluate my transcript for a MBA admission in the USA.

They are requesting that I should send my WAEc transcript to them after they received my undergraduate transcript.

My questions are;
Is this normal?
How will I get my WAEC transcript sent to them?
Can WAEC do the sending?
Which of the WAEC office should I go?

Please help considering the deadline.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Emmyirab(m): 6:33am On Jun 02, 2017
obaxlove:
Please guys, I just received an email from the evaluation body (IERF) I subscribed to to evaluate my transcript for a MBA admission in the USA.

They are requesting that I should send my WAEc transcript to them after they received my undergraduate transcript.

My questions are;
Is this normal?
How will I get my WAEC transcript sent to them?
Can WAEC do the sending?
Which of the WAEC office should I go?

Please help considering the deadline.
I dont know if its normal

You will have to go to Waec headauarters in Lagos, and tell them to send your transcript to IERF
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Biggy911(m): 7:04am On Jun 02, 2017
Gurus:
Can I pay the SEVIS Fee from Saudi Arabia using a debit/credit card or only a person in the US can do the payment from US?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by bigfrancis21: 7:23am On Jun 02, 2017
Hello prospective undergraduate and graduate students,

University of Houston Victoria Campus is offering scholarships to all new and current international students admitted into the school. The school offers two types of scholarships to international students: International Student Merit Scholarship (ISMS) and International Student Cultural Scholarship (ISCS). Basically, the ISMS scholarship makes you pay school fees and tuition at in-state rate (or as a resident), instead of as an international student (usually twice what residents/citizens pay). All you need to do is apply for admission into the school and also apply for the ISMS scholarship. The ISCS scholarship awards $3,000 towards your out-of-state tuition and fees ($1,500). In other words, for each semester, $1,500 is deducted from your tuition and fees as an international student, which are $7895 for UG students and $7,165 for MS students. Now with the ISMS scholarship, you get to pay $2,998 (instead of $7,895) and $3,495 (instead of $7,165) in-state rate per semester for UG and MS students respectively.

TOEFL is waived for Nigerian students, both UG and MS students.

For UG applicants, they need your high-school transcripts sent directly to them and for MS applicants, some programs require your university transcripts sent directly to the department and some programs require WES/ECE conversion of your transcripts.

Deadlines to apply for either of the scholarships (after first applying to the university for admission by the admission application deadline which is different from the scholarship deadline) are June 15 for Fall applicants and November 15 for Spring applicants.

However, their MS programs are limited. They offer more Bsc programs than MS programs. For those who find their intended Bsc or Msc course listed, congratulations!

Be daring!
https://www.uhv.edu/international/apply/academic-majors-guide/
https://www.uhv.edu/international/apply/scholarships/international-student-cultural-scholarship/
https://www.uhv.edu/international/apply/scholarships/international-student-merit-scholarship/
https://www.uhv.edu/student-billing/tuition-and-fees/

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by bigfrancis21: 7:27am On Jun 02, 2017
Biggy911:
Gurus:
Can I pay the SEVIS Fee from Saudi Arabia using a debit/credit card or only a person in the US can do the payment from US?

Unfortunately, once the intended student is a Nigerian or a citizen of Nigeria, the online SEVIS payment is disabled for that person regardless of their current location. You'd have to pay via money order or in-person at a WU store.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by bigfrancis21: 7:33am On Jun 02, 2017
IfAllahwills:
hello. Please how can one submit western union quick pay from London. Need information to give to my brother to make payment for me. Thanks

First generate the payment coupon yourself online, if you haven't done so already, at http://www.fmjfee.com. At the end, a PDF payment coupon will be generated for you.

Second, email him that payment coupon which contains a unique account number for you which he must use to pay for you, for that's only how the payment he makes will be linked to your profile. A sample payment coupon looks like this:

Notice the WU quick-pay details listed at the bottom of the coupon.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Biggy911(m): 8:01am On Jun 02, 2017
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Whistleblowers: 8:17am On Jun 02, 2017
Tunnyz:

Yes
OMG! My Dad signed that part and I'm above 18. Do you think it's gon affect me and can I use tipex to clean it?

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Whistleblowers: 8:32am On Jun 02, 2017
I made a mistake on my 1-20 form . My dad signed the form and I'm above 18. What do you suggest I do?

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Ragnorak: 8:33am On Jun 02, 2017
Please this question may sound stupid but bear with me. I've trawled through the thread looking for answers but haven't found. Here goes:
Persons who applied to up to four schools did you request your school to send one transcript for each case? (Thinking cost) Or is it possible to use unofficial transcripts pending admissions? Or Use WES transcripts instead of school transcripts.
And can you send GRE scores before you apply?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by LagosismyHome(f): 8:43am On Jun 02, 2017
Whistleblowers:

OMG! My Dad signed that part and I'm above 18. Do you think it's gon affect me and can I use tipex to clean it?

Thanks

No Tipex for sure

For me , i would rather You neatly Cross out it out : Put as line through it

And if the VO ask you just say you initally did not realise it only under 18 that parents sign. Everyone makes mistake once in a while and correct . No biggie

It will be interesting to hear other ideas on how to correct .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by LagosismyHome(f): 8:46am On Jun 02, 2017
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Whistleblowers: 8:49am On Jun 02, 2017
LagosismyHome:

No Tipex for sure

And if the VO ask you just say you initally did not realise it only under 18 that parents sign. Everyone makes mistake once in a while and correct . No biggie

Thanks a lot . I really appreciate your response

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by LagosismyHome(f): 8:55am On Jun 02, 2017
Biggy911:

Okay cool. I can do the payment in Saudi but via the WU Store right?
The second question is can i send someone to do the WU payment for me then?

Yes to payment in Saudi but ensure it is WU that has "quick pay services"

Yes to sending someone

In both cases you need to do the coupon section first and either you or that person goes with the printout .

bigfrancis21 has explained the coupon process above
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by HeNeverFails: 9:18am On Jun 02, 2017
[quote author=extrovert90 post=57106011][/quote]
Thanks bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Biggy911(m): 9:37am On Jun 02, 2017
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by LagosismyHome(f): 9:45am On Jun 02, 2017
Biggy911:

Kindly help elaborate this coupon section thing, don't seem to understand it Ma'am

This should be done first and take the printout before you or someone goes to Western Union Office and then take the printout with you

bigfrancis21:

First generate the payment coupon yourself online, if you haven't done so already, at http://www.fmjfee.com. At the end, a PDF payment coupon will be generated for you.

Second, email him that payment coupon which contains a unique account number for you which he must use to pay for you, for that's only how the payment he makes will be linked to your profile. A sample payment coupon looks like this:

Notice the WU quick-pay details listed at the bottom of the coupon.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by cmbagwu(m): 9:56am On Jun 02, 2017
Good day People,

Please I'd love to know If anyone will be attending Praire View A&M University, Texas for fall 2017... or currently in the school already. I need some information clarification. Thanks in anticipation for the response.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by emmayodata(m): 10:26am On Jun 02, 2017
LagosismyHome:

No Tipex for sure

Pls ma'am, grant my request to send you an email.

(1) (2) (3) ... (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) ... (409)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.