Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,693 members, 7,908,802 topics. Date: Friday, 02 August 2024 at 12:18 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 - Travel (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (719781 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (409) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 8:54pm On Feb 04, 2017
OluDare01:

Boxypay is now 450
yes, it keeps increasing as black market increases..it was 440 last week black market is 500 now. May God help us,This change has finished us

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by OluDare01(m): 8:57pm On Feb 04, 2017
femi321:
yes, it keeps increasing as black market increases..it was 440 last week black market is 500 now. May God help us,This change has finished us
Lol.
God help us
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by dennison4luv: 8:58pm On Feb 04, 2017
femi321:
Dear Brother/Sister..start here https://www.nairaland.com/3586207/general-u.s.a-student-visa-enquiries-part/9#53150342 and you will see the earlier post i made for someone like you, but if i were you i will read this thread from page 1, its just 27 pages by the time you are done, you will know where to start from then come back if you have any specific questions. If you want to water your curiousioty more, you can read part 10 too

thanks femi321
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Oloriolajumoke1(f): 9:49pm On Feb 04, 2017
Hello Nairalanders, i am new on here and my name is olajumoke ...please i just need informations on the USA student visas and possible interview questions. Thank you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by nellyalph: 9:51pm On Feb 04, 2017
femi321:
Wait you don't have to be aggressive about this, but then 1)So you know its illegal? and you wanted us to do it. This is why we all need to do our research and stop relying on other people's advice 2) You could have pinged me to tell me this than posting this insulting comment here, really disappointed 3) I have taken it down 4) You will find it all over chineses and indian forums, a google search will convince you 5) Its all over quora so?

The way Slimmy replied you, its same way twoods reply others. And if you read deep down, you will see the truth behind the comment...

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by shayhune: 10:04pm On Feb 04, 2017
TWoods:
Why pay a Nigerian agent to get a school here? I'm here to help... up to and including doing your dollar payments for you. Rates are negotiable... pm away!

Egbon, when I cross border, I want to be like you oo grin. Since some peeps prefer spoon feeding to reading just 400 pages or more from present and previous threads and doing their research, na to turn agent sure pass cheesy

Just kidding tho.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 10:15pm On Feb 04, 2017
nellyalph:

The way Slimmy replied you, its same way twoods reply others. And if you read deep down, you will see the truth behind the comment...
please where is the truth behind his comment? Do you know the genesis of this? That i realize something is illegal and i brought it here is a crime? Do you know if we have ever talked outside this forum? Please if you have any issue with twood, go and sort it out and stop this BS.If you cant tell me that truth you talk of, then have a good day

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 10:16pm On Feb 04, 2017
dennison4luv:

femi321 please i will like to get some info from u through whatsapp and this is my num .

okay by the way, delete your number from your post. I will send you a mesage now
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by slenderBeam1: 10:20pm On Feb 04, 2017
Can one withdraw from an account that one has submitted the statement for study visa application?. Will they detect?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by TWoods(m): 10:25pm On Feb 04, 2017
femi321:
Lmaoo..you are setting yourself up. The kind of emails you will be getting everyday will make you tired of life, trust me

Lol I figured why give advise for free?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 10:28pm On Feb 04, 2017
Oloriolajumoke1:
Hello Nairalanders, i am new on here and my name is olajumoke ...please i just need informations on the USA student visas and possible interview questions. Thank you.
By information you mean what? Be specific. For the interview, each applicant is different but you might start from the search tab on nairaland. On the front page of nairaland, in the search bar..type 'VO' and search. Limit the search to travel section. you will see alot of visa transcript
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by ganiyuadeoye: 10:57pm On Feb 04, 2017
It depends on the school and there protocol.

Okusi:
Are letters of recommendation meant to be sent through email?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Timi1990(m): 11:07pm On Feb 04, 2017
Time2Smile:
Hello house, Please I need someone to help me pay an application fee of $30 in formal of a check or money order. I would reimburse the equivalent in Naira to a Nigerian bank account. Thanks

Send me a PM or whatsapp message . I need naira
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by ganiyuadeoye: 11:16pm On Feb 04, 2017
Why not just seat for toefl or IELTS in other to have more school options. You should not just allow English proficiency to hinder you with this kind if GRE score you have. Rethink your steps.
Awesu122:

Good morning boss
VO don't seems to believe in calums , I went for interview last week VO held on to my gre score of 323 and gave me a blank GSS form that I would need i would need it to pick up my VIsA only for me to have the shock of my life on Monday when a blue paper came and my GRE result came back with my passport , I must say that was after my 4th attempt , anytime they interview me all they tell me is how Bad CALUMS is, so am thinking I could put in for MBA in another university for coming admission season , I just need a school that accept GRE alone with my credentials and not me trying to write any TOEFL , the truth is am devastated , because I have made plans over the weekend , but then I have moved on
I would really appreciate if you could suggest a school and am even thinking of studying for MSC in accounting either MBA or MSC in accounting
Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by ganiyuadeoye: 11:42pm On Feb 04, 2017
It's obvious.
TWoods:

You are certainly entitled to an opinion. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by ganiyuadeoye: 11:55pm On Feb 04, 2017
Guys what about we guiding this guy on how to write and tackle all these write-up that seems to scare him. Leave story for the gods and lets try to help him. Not interested in your GRE score but ur visa success.
Awesu122:

Thanks so much for your suggestion bro and God bless you, looking to put in for fall admission in Cleveland state university OHIO or Lincon state university Oakland CA , all other top schools needs , things like me providing my CV, writing essay, Resume , and maybe interview as well, all these ain't problem for me if I see someone that would put me through on how to go about it, example OHIO state university neeeds all these have listed before admission could be considered

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by ganiyuadeoye: 11:59pm On Feb 04, 2017
Its still very possible to get visa irrespective of your age (its just a number n not a barrier for learning) I read a moniker got an undergraduate visa after 32 years of age here

eddyme:
Hi please I want to ask this question bordering my mind off long now...Will I be able to get admissions and visa with my age and also I have just ND in software engineering and have also work for one year after my ND I form of internship though we call it IT(industrial training)....I am 28 this year and going for CS specializing in web development and security..

Thanks for your answer
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Awesu122: 12:11am On Feb 05, 2017
ganiyuadeoye:

Why not just seat for toefl or IELTS in other to have more school options. You should not just allow English proficiency to hinder you with this kind if GRE score you have. Rethink your steps.

Thanks for the concern bro
Thinking of writing Toefl or Iets since most top schools are in need of them, it's a hurdle that I have to cross and with you guys help I would do that
Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by TWoods(m): 1:07am On Feb 05, 2017
Oloriolajumoke1:

There ya go - https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/study-exchange/student.html
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by ganiyuadeoye: 1:23am On Feb 05, 2017
Please I will be glad to know how he change his moniker. I have sent mail to seun/ supermod but no response from any of them. I mentioned him in some post but still no reply.

femi321:
Additionally to my above epistle, because this is a faceless forum doesn't mean we should be rude to others especially guys that have been here for so long. Without people's experience here, this forum is as good as dead. I find it surprising when i see people insulting others because they have contrary opinion. Even though what someone says might not go on well with you, insulting that person shouldn't be an option for you. I don't agree with the way Twoods passes his information but if you look closely, you will gain one or two from his post. It even funny to me when one small boy that just graduated is insulting him, he's one of the elders of Nairaland even though some of you don't know him because he changed moniker (Please don't ask me who he is, its not my place to say). The least we can do is to accord each other respect and if someone insults you, you don't have to reply, you wont die neither will your intellect reduce.Nobody knows it all. Have a good day guys
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by ganiyuadeoye: 1:49am On Feb 05, 2017
If u decide to write IELTS as ur English proficiency test you can PM me,so I can send u some relevant material to prep with.

Best of luck!
Awesu122:

Thanks for the concern bro
Thinking of writing Toefl or Iets since most top schools are in need of them, it's a hurdle that I have to cross and with you guys help I would do that
Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by nellyalph: 1:54am On Feb 05, 2017
femi321:
please where is the truth behind his comment? Do you know the genesis of this? That i realize something is illegal and i brought it here is a crime? Do you know if we have ever talked outside this forum? Please if you have any issue with twood, go and sort it out and stop this BS.If you cant tell me that truth you talk of, then have a good day

My point is that the level of aggressiveness in this thread is high. We cannot make comment again without insulting someone's character, personality or intellect. The purpose of passing info is that the other person understands it, that he is an old member doesn't justify anything. Some of us claim we don't need help and people who need help cannot ask due to fear of being bashed....

True i don't know the genesis of the problem. i saw your comment on twood's and the next thing i saw was you and slimmy. These days, i noticed people no longer ask questions, its as if nobody is applying to schools or for visa again.

I don't want to have "you reply me and i reply you back scenario."

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by TWoods(m): 2:02am On Feb 05, 2017
nellyalph:

My point is that the level of aggressiveness in this thread is high. We cannot make comment again without insulting someone's character, personality or intellect. The purpose of passing info is that the other person understands it, that he is an old member doesn't justify anything. Some of us claim we don't need help and people who need help cannot ask due to fear of being bashed....

True i don't know the genesis of the problem. i saw your comment on twood's and the next thing i saw was you and slimmy. These days, i noticed people no longer ask questions, its as if nobody is applying to schools or for visa again.

Your post is no different from the very thing you claim to be caterwauling about.

I frankly don't take 95% of the folks here seriously at all. What i see here aren't students, but economic migrants looking for any means possible to run away from Nigeria. School just happens to be the easy route for now. So not surprising, people tend to lash out when you make a comment. Its mostly out of desperation... you're simply on that side because you're in the same boat. Simple. Nigerians are not used to people being blunt with them... we are a nation of sickening sycophants, even when we are in the wrong, we still expect people to "respect" us, hail us, kiss our feet and baby us. Its why James Ibori is getting a heroes welcome in his hometown today. Good luck.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 2:04am On Feb 05, 2017
nellyalph:

God bless you. Sometimes I even think twice before I ask questions or make comments for fear of being lambasted by nairaland police grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by amanze15(m): 2:31am On Feb 05, 2017
in other news grin grin Old Chicago pizza is amazing shocked shocked shocked @ slimmy2005 the best i have had
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 2:33am On Feb 05, 2017
amanze15:
in other news grin grin Old Chicago pizza is amazing shocked shocked shocked @ slimmy2005 the best i have had
Nna, I'm tired. Any goodies?

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (409)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 2
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.