Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,886 members, 7,872,909 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 04:07 AM

Did My Wife Mess Up? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Did My Wife Mess Up? (1657 Views)

Counter Thread:5 Things Men Do To Mess Up Their Marriage / Fifteen Stupid Things A Wife Can Do To Mess Up Her Marriage!!! / Police Arrested Christ Embassy Pastor Over 4 Abortions Mess (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did My Wife Mess Up? by draz500: 10:49am On Jan 22, 2017
Dear Nairalanders,

I have never been to the USA before, but my wife have been there like 5 times. Surprisingly my wife and I traveled to south Africa, and one faithful day, we went to a chinese restaurant seated with my cousin and his friend also. Beside the chinese restaurant was a pizza restaurant where she went to order pizza. She came back and said, " can I go there because its only white people that are there" Oh my lawd, I felt embarrassed knowing fully well this woman has traveled to the USA several times, exposure alone having traveled several times should not let her say such thing, my cousin and his friend were stylishly laughing and i replied, why not, go and order jor. She ordered and came back nothing.....

Later on, I was telling her that she fell my hand asking such in the presence of my cousin and his friend, having known shes traveled several times, also where in the world would a public place be exempted to people of color? Now my reason of posting here is, we were arguing about this, and she said its not her country and she has every right to be cautious about where she enters where its only white people that are there, and me was like, i never go yankee before oo, but anywhere wey i go, as long as sey na public place, i go enter without looking anybody face. Any comment people?
Re: Did My Wife Mess Up? by Sanchez01: 11:08am On Jan 22, 2017
She's right to an extent, and I believe it's safe for her to be cautious as that. It's true, there are places a particular set of people might not really be asked out but would be looked down on and might not be attended to. There are several places like that in the world, including Lagos. I once experienced something similar, however, it wasn't a restaurant in my case.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did My Wife Mess Up? by waleyp(m): 11:08am On Jan 22, 2017
AS FOR ME O, SHE WAS RIGHT, ITS NOT HER COUNTRY AND SHE HAS TO BE CAREFUL,SHE HAS BEEN TO YANKEE THEN SHE MUST HAVE COME ACROSS SOME EXPERIENCE. I DONT BLAME HER AT ALL

4 Likes

Re: Did My Wife Mess Up? by Richy4(m): 11:24am On Jan 22, 2017
She was not comfortable going in there.....You as a man, if you go to a bar or public place and you find those unruly American bikers occupying the whole place, Knowing fully well how they love to eat and drink trouble.....are you gonna go in....even if it was a public place?

Biko cut her some slacks... she knows what she was not comfortable doing and you do not have to rub it in...The only time you should get worried will be when there was a trace of inferiority complex...

5 Likes

Re: Did My Wife Mess Up? by sisisioge: 11:28am On Jan 22, 2017
grin grin dialo dialo...remember the story? She fell your hand cos its SA where the colour is mostly black. Were it to be Rusia, then she's all of sensible!
Re: Did My Wife Mess Up? by draz500: 11:38am On Jan 22, 2017
You people dont get it, its not like its a general public place. Its a pIZZa place for lawds sake. The only thing she was worried about was the ALL-WHITE presence. I see nothing to be bothered about as regards that.
Re: Did My Wife Mess Up? by johnson232: 12:20pm On Jan 22, 2017
sisisioge:
grin grin dialo dialo...remember the story? She fell your hand cos its SA where the colour is mostly black. Were it to be Rusia, then she's all of sensible!
_________________________________________________________________________________

1 Like

Re: Did My Wife Mess Up? by Nobody: 12:26pm On Jan 22, 2017
She is just being careful and sceptical.
Re: Did My Wife Mess Up? by sisisioge: 12:54pm On Jan 22, 2017
johnson232:

_________________________________________________________________________________

Forking retardine! You like that right? Azzzzhole!
Re: Did My Wife Mess Up? by Richy4(m): 1:09pm On Jan 22, 2017
draz500:
You people dont get it, its not like its a general public place. Its a pIZZa place for lawds sake. The only thing she was worried about was the ALL-WHITE presence. I see nothing to be bothered about as regards that.

We got it bro... potato.. potahto... what is the difference....The thing is she was not comfortable in there.... Just respect her feelings...It got nothing to do with racial profile..

7 Likes

Re: Did My Wife Mess Up? by eyinjuege: 8:52pm On Jan 22, 2017
I don't blame her o jare.
South Africa was well known for apartheid, which some of us still quite remember.
Infact, is it not the same south Africa that recently did their xenophobic wahala?
One can't be too careful especially as a foreigner.
Infact, even if you were in a black dominated neighborhood, you should be more fearful.

3 Likes

Re: Did My Wife Mess Up? by Allwility: 9:51pm On Jan 22, 2017
@OP Have you ever heard of 'Die Kommandokorps'? Cut your wife some slack, she was only being careful.

1 Like

Re: Did My Wife Mess Up? by HCF(m): 9:31pm On Jan 23, 2017
draz500:
It doesn't matter...just laugh it off joo...no big deal..I know u felt embarrassed because she made the statement in the presence of people who,till then, might have seen her as a highly exposed woman-u think such a statement degraded her and u too...But, looking at it from her angle she was right to av asked the question...so, no your wife did not mess up!!!
Re: Did My Wife Mess Up? by inemani: 10:10pm On Jan 23, 2017
I strongly believe there are some issues that should be kept off social media. This is one of 'em

(1) (Reply)

Is It A Gift Or A Curse To Look Younger Than Your Actual Age? / I Need Advice Please / Warning: Do Not Use An Orthopaedic Mattress Until You Read This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.