Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,882 members, 7,969,689 topics. Date: Tuesday, 08 October 2024 at 12:19 PM

Is Lagos State Overhyped? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Lagos State Overhyped? (5117 Views)

Why Is Lagos Such A Mess? / Remi Tinubu: Is Lagos Ready For A Female Governor? / Lagos@50: Is Lagos Your Success Story? (i) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Lagos State Overhyped? by devilson(m): 9:01pm On Jan 22, 2017
ugohemma:

you are the one suffering from the One Nigeria chant...Biafra will be operated as a confederate state where all minorities will have their say..

Am sure u are from Ibadan or osun.....lol no need to explain
can u tell me why u don't support n/delta republic first pls don't give me that answer that they are different tribes.what's the relationship btw isoko,ikwere,urhobo,ibibio,efik Nd ibo.
we all know it's cause of oil.u guys are not different from Nigeria u can't survive without oil
Re: Is Lagos State Overhyped? by Nobody: 9:08pm On Jan 22, 2017
you people go dey follow Yoruba drag Lagos,and your east is full of red mud and withches

1 Like

Re: Is Lagos State Overhyped? by Nobody: 9:11pm On Jan 22, 2017
devilson:
can u tell me why u don't support n/delta republic first pls don't give me that answer that they are different tribes.what's the relationship btw isoko,ikwere,urhobo,ibibio,efik Nd ibo.
we all know it's cause of oil.u guys are not different from Nigeria u can't survive without oil
Who knowS about oil before the British came, or before the Nigeria creation.....Yet we know ourselves as the Eastern Region but in 2017 owolabi from Kwara state will come to Nairaland to say that Igbo are attache because of oil.... U can leave Kwara state and Kogi state for Fulanis to dominate but In Biafra we are NOT letting even a plot of our Land to self deceivers like you to come and tell us who is an Igbo or not.

AND PLS AM LOOKING FOR 2 PLOT OF LAND AROUND IKORODU AND BADAGRY AREA. INCASE U SEE ONE ALERT ME.................. WILL PAY DOUBLE IF ITS YOURS FATHERS LAND
Re: Is Lagos State Overhyped? by devilson(m): 9:16pm On Jan 22, 2017
ugohemma:

Who knowS about oil before the British came, or before the Nigeria creation.....Yet we know ourselves as the Eastern Region but in 2017 owolabi from Kwara state will come to Nairaland to say that Igbo are attache because of oil.... U can leave Kwara state and Kogi state for Fulanis to dominate but In Biafra we are NOT letting even a plot of our Land to self deceivers like you to come and tell us who is an Igbo or not.

AND PLS AM LOOKING FOR 2 PLOT OF LAND AROUND IKORODU AND BADAGRY AREA. INCASE U SEE ONE ALERT ME.................. WILL PAY DOUBLE IF ITS YOURS FATHERS LAND
igbo land grabber claiming efik,ibibo nd other minority tribe land cause of oil nd access to see.
u can come to badagry Nd ikorodu nd look for land.my dad don't sell land he develops it

1 Like

Re: Is Lagos State Overhyped? by Appswheel(m): 9:28pm On Jan 22, 2017
ugohemma:

Mazi Ugohemma, do you live in Lagos? If Yes.
How long have you been living in Lagos?
What do you do for a living?
Do you think it is worthwhile to spend this short life on tribal issues, knowing that it all ends here, why dont we all channel our energies to develop our world.

The thrust of this comment is to get you to share your views to the original post. Kindly end the 'needless' tribal fire you and other guys are fueling.

1 Like

Re: Is Lagos State Overhyped? by Oxtonguy: 9:29pm On Jan 22, 2017
OoDVanguard:
[sub][/sub]

Why are you people like this?? You were corrected for wrongly claiming that Lagos still hosts Federal agencies, ministries and parastatals, yet you no wan gree admit say you were wrong, when google could have saved you the embarrassment. All the embassies have also moved to Abuja and just a few maintain branches in Lagos while the embassies themselves are based in Abuja -- which is the standard everywhere as embassies are situated in country capitals.

Whether you accept it or not, Lagos of today didn't just happen. No. It experienced deterioration and abandonment after it stopped being capital. It took quality, focused and visionary leadership to resurrect and rejuvinate her.
Mehnn trying to get facts across to the osus is like telling a mad he is mad it just won't do, osus heads are too compress to absorb facts.

2 Likes

Re: Is Lagos State Overhyped? by Twistaray(m): 9:30pm On Jan 22, 2017
ugohemma:

Because they are corporate beggars... they are busy selling their land to get omonile bribes.... when there is no Land they would start lamenting how igbos are land grabbers

I don't know what you are talking about.
And besides, all that you wrote up there are stories and tales of ibos on NL. No facts.

And Yes, I disagree because everthing you wrote up there has no facts. grin

1 Like

Re: Is Lagos State Overhyped? by Nobody: 10:00pm On Jan 22, 2017
Appswheel:

Mazi Ugohemma, do you live in Lagos? If Yes.
How long have you been living in Lagos?
What do you do for a living?
Do you think it is worthwhile to spend this short life on tribal issues, knowing that it all ends here, why dont we all channel our energies to develop our world.

The thrust of this comment is to get you to share your views to the original post. Kindly end the 'needless' tribal fire you and other guys are fueling.
Yes i live in Lagos and am sure i have been in Lagos long enough before most yorubas that came from Osun to claim why Igbos are Land grabbers...

Am not a tribalist and can never be one but i hate it when people attack a partcular tribe because of their laziness
Re: Is Lagos State Overhyped? by Oxtonguy: 10:16pm On Jan 22, 2017
ugohemma:

Yes i live in Lagos and am sure i have been in Lagos long enough before most yorubas that came from Osun to claim why Igbos are Land grabbers...

Am not a tribalist and can never be one but i hate in when people attack a partcular tribe because of their laziness
hmmmm

Re: Is Lagos State Overhyped? by Twistaray(m): 10:20pm On Jan 22, 2017
ugohemma:

Am not a tribalist and can never be one but i hate it when people attack a partcular tribe because of their laziness

If you are not Yoruba then always remind yourself everyday' no matter how many years you've lived in SW you will continue to remain a stranger.

So therefore, respect ya 'host'

grin

2 Likes

Re: Is Lagos State Overhyped? by Appswheel(m): 10:33pm On Jan 22, 2017
ugohemma:

Thanks for your response, though political and 'bias'. You have not shared your view to the original post. To the best of my knowledge, no Nigerian tribe is lazy.. they all boast of reputable men and women who have attained global status for their efforts and gifts. My brother the earlier we put tribe aside and focus on building a thriving world the better. You'd agree that the author of this post was advising individuals who will not look back when offered an opportunity to travel to Lagos.

My friend once shared an experience with me, while returning from Imo state, he made a friend with a cotraveller in the Car, only to discover that she ended up in a prostitution house in Surulere.

That is the essence of this thread, what advice do you have for that boy/girl who constantly dreams of becoming a Lagosian?
Re: Is Lagos State Overhyped? by BlackCrypter: 8:51am On Jan 23, 2017
post=53037329:

You will hear from me soon, it's seem peace of mind irritate you

You will cry as usual.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Just In!! O.b Lulu Briggs, Richest Rivers Man Dies At 88 / Correct Bro FB Poll Between Buhari & Atiku: See Who Is Leading / Governor Ifeanyi Okowa And Other List Of Tinubu Boys

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.