Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,384 members, 7,950,818 topics. Date: Monday, 16 September 2024 at 11:01 PM

Can You Date Your Friend's Ex Or Can You Date Your Ex's Friend? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Date Your Friend's Ex Or Can You Date Your Ex's Friend? (1097 Views)

Can You Allow Your Best Friend Date Your Sister/brother? / Advice Please! One Last Time With The Ex- Or Not? / Can you Date your Ex-Lover's Brother or Sister? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Date Your Friend's Ex Or Can You Date Your Ex's Friend? by Nobody: 7:42pm On Nov 28, 2009
A friend of mine have been arguing over this for a long time, she sees nothing bad in it.
But I think the society frowns at it, there are some unwritten rules
Re: Can You Date Your Friend's Ex Or Can You Date Your Ex's Friend? by mamagee3(f): 7:47pm On Nov 28, 2009
Hell to the no!!! tongue
Re: Can You Date Your Friend's Ex Or Can You Date Your Ex's Friend? by iice(f): 9:01pm On Nov 28, 2009
Over done topic.

And hell no.
Re: Can You Date Your Friend's Ex Or Can You Date Your Ex's Friend? by echobee(f): 8:22am On Dec 02, 2009
for wetin,i cant
Re: Can You Date Your Friend's Ex Or Can You Date Your Ex's Friend? by kech(f): 10:19am On Dec 02, 2009
Oh puleeze!! Is it a sin? It depends on the situation. I can do it if I didn't know they dated. I'm not going to try and "un-love" myself if I'm already in love, sorry. And if my friend is a true friend, she'll understand. If she doesn't she ain't worth it. I should not suffer because of whatever happened between them. (I may reconsider if he didn't treat her well)

I know someone who went out with a guy her friend DUMPED badly. She didn't mean for it to happen but somehow they found solace in each other and they are kicking it strong till today. The friend- who's also my friend - kept complaining to all and sundry, including me, making such a fuss about it that I didn't know when I said "But you dumped this guy like trash. Why are you tripping? You don't even want the guy!" Needless to say, that was the end of our friendship. What was I to do? The couple were in love and I'm no judge.

My point is, some girls are selfish and do this because they have a grudge! I've seen girls hold their friends to ransom so they don't date certain guys. I know of someone (done with her masters, and currently working), who found out that her ex from 100 Level  shocked was asking one of her friends out. Of course, the idiot deemed it fit to mention it to everyone that he was her ex, including the girl, making her feel uncomfortable. The poor girl had to keep asking other friends their opinions of what they felt about her dating the guy and if it was proper. Everyone told her to go ahead, and of course, like the earlier scenario, this one started bitching. Wharraheck!!  angry 

Like I said, it all depends on the situation, but I'll be damned if I let someone put a damper on my future because of some lousy grudge. Why do I have to pay for it?  angry
Re: Can You Date Your Friend's Ex Or Can You Date Your Ex's Friend? by iice(f): 12:18pm On Dec 02, 2009
kech:

My point is, some girls are selfish and do this because they have a grudge! I've seen girls hold their friends to ransom so they don't date certain guys. I know of someone (done with her masters, and currently working), who found out that her ex from 100 Level  shocked was asking one of her friends out. Of course, the idiot deemed it fit to mention it to everyone that he was her ex, including the girl, making her feel uncomfortable. The poor girl had to keep asking other friends their opinions of what they felt about her dating the guy and if it was proper. Everyone told her to go ahead, and of course, like the earlier scenario, this one started bitching. Wharraheck!!  angry 

Eyah. . .the ex shouldn't have mattered. She's way past and should only matter if the guy has some hang up about her and if she (ex) has hang ups about him. You are right about some women being selfish. . .and men too grin

Anyway to each his own.
Re: Can You Date Your Friend's Ex Or Can You Date Your Ex's Friend? by blackolove(m): 11:19am On Nov 14, 2011
i dnt know about u girls but my opinion is 4m d boy point of view.if i find peace or anything worth dyin 4 in my best friend ex-girl,i'l go ahead with all my heart.and if my friend is nt api,i'l make him see reason why he must let us be but if he refuse,i'l have no oda chioce than 2 place him whr he belongs.since wnt 2 be my enemy, me and my girl will distance ourselve's from him and move on happily.
Re: Can You Date Your Friend's Ex Or Can You Date Your Ex's Friend? by onila(f): 5:27pm On Nov 26, 2011
hmmm
Re: Can You Date Your Friend's Ex Or Can You Date Your Ex's Friend? by Mynd44: 6:26pm On Nov 26, 2011
As long as she meets my standards I can. Who am I kidding? I will flee
Re: Can You Date Your Friend's Ex Or Can You Date Your Ex's Friend? by bekay911(f): 7:45pm On Nov 26, 2011
Der r many fishes in d ocean
Re: Can You Date Your Friend's Ex Or Can You Date Your Ex's Friend? by Mynd44: 8:13pm On Nov 26, 2011
It can only lead to unwanted stress
Re: Can You Date Your Friend's Ex Or Can You Date Your Ex's Friend? by Flashaldrin(m): 8:15pm On Nov 26, 2011
Y.A.W.N.S. . . . . . here we go again sad sad
the topic sef is not even interesting
Re: Can You Date Your Friend's Ex Or Can You Date Your Ex's Friend? by Mynd44: 8:24pm On Nov 26, 2011
You self no dey intresting
Re: Can You Date Your Friend's Ex Or Can You Date Your Ex's Friend? by bekay911(f): 8:48pm On Nov 26, 2011
shocked shocked
Re: Can You Date Your Friend's Ex Or Can You Date Your Ex's Friend? by cynthiafred67(f): 1:06am On Nov 28, 2011
Hell No @op dats ur answer
Re: Can You Date Your Friend's Ex Or Can You Date Your Ex's Friend? by tellwisdom: 1:43am On Nov 28, 2011
Der r many fishes in d ocean

Not just many. Are they good fishes?? undecided undecided
Re: Can You Date Your Friend's Ex Or Can You Date Your Ex's Friend? by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 1:57am On Nov 28, 2011
Flashaldrin:

Y.A.W.N.S. . . . . . here we go again sad sad
the topic sef is not even interesting
na sleep dey catch u

(1) (Reply)

..... / Do You Think Your Man Truly Cares About You? / Somebody Help Me!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.