Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,859 members, 7,872,855 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 12:27 AM

FG Releases N375m To Feed 700,000 Pupils In Five States - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Releases N375m To Feed 700,000 Pupils In Five States (12720 Views)

Killings: NEC Recommends Ban On Herdsmen Movement In Five States / FG Releases Second List Of Looters Under Jonathan And Amount Looted / The Chicken Fed Primary School Pupils In Cross River - Ifere Paul (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Releases N375m To Feed 700,000 Pupils In Five States by xammyx(m): 8:38am On Jan 23, 2017
me69:
you talk rubbish. Are you an economist?
U are wrong or #*%&, so empowering people or Investments should be better, not feeding

1 Like

Re: FG Releases N375m To Feed 700,000 Pupils In Five States by Kjnwancaro: 8:43am On Jan 23, 2017
blackmantis:

Anyone with right thinking sense will question this govt.

N5k for the poor. How were they selected?
Over N300 billion to feed school children in some selected States.
when will the other states benefit, 2019?

Abegi...

•Why don't you ask Jonathan's administration what they did for the general masses(not while campaigning)

•why don't you ask parents with wards in federal military schools how much they pay for tuition now compared to the last admin( it's almost a 50% reduction)

•why don't you ask recruits for federal govt. force jobs how much they paid to obtain the form.( free of charge! they paid heavily for the form in the last admin)

•ask top govt. officials stealing the wealth of this nation. If you see, ask them how market

Why can't we just call a spade, spade? Two wrongs don't make a right and never ever and I do mean never will three wrongs make things right. It's evident this man is trying to make things right, he's not even 2 years on seat and y'all are raising hell.
Tell me one wrong thing this man has done?
Re: FG Releases N375m To Feed 700,000 Pupils In Five States by Holatunde007(m): 8:44am On Jan 23, 2017
Armstrong34:
... Can it fly for 20k.....
I smell daylight robbery here
Re: FG Releases N375m To Feed 700,000 Pupils In Five States by maasoap(m): 8:59am On Jan 23, 2017
They had better use the money to feed emaciated children in the North East IDP camps.

1 Like

Re: FG Releases N375m To Feed 700,000 Pupils In Five States by maasoap(m): 9:05am On Jan 23, 2017
HtwoOw:

That was a beautiful response

They condemned Npower like kilode, ashey the were people actually registered for it, when it came to wages the yeye people started opening threads that they didn't receive alerts yet, once they got paid, we never heard pim anymore

After Npower salary they were still poking thier noses in 5k stipend for the poorest

They condemn everything openly but secretly benefit from the President's programs they are hypocrites
Don't mind them
Re: FG Releases N375m To Feed 700,000 Pupils In Five States by maasoap(m): 9:08am On Jan 23, 2017
Jamiubond009:
That means each pupil will get 500 naira as feeding allowance . so the pertinent question is, what quality of meal will the children be getting in the ten day duration. The FG is a joke!
Speaking from the Osun State government school feeding program under Oyinlola and Aregbe, if the program is not well monitor, the cooks will always shortchange the pupils.

1 Like

Re: FG Releases N375m To Feed 700,000 Pupils In Five States by uzolexis(f): 10:05am On Jan 23, 2017
me69:

he is right though. This amount is just for 10 days in only 5 states, imagine if they decide to do it for 36 states and every school day, is it sustainable?? Your guess is as good as mine. Welfare packages/schemes are good but in Nigeria that is nit what we need now. We need more friendly business environment, better infrastructures, strengthened institutions. that is the only way our economy can grow.

1 Like

Re: FG Releases N375m To Feed 700,000 Pupils In Five States by alaskido(m): 10:07am On Jan 23, 2017
Na only 5 states we get for Nigeria? Them don come again o.

1 Like

Re: FG Releases N375m To Feed 700,000 Pupils In Five States by Frederick2017: 11:16am On Jan 23, 2017
This stupid government will not release fund to Police to pay their deceased families... Imagine what deceased family go through just to live. They are releasing funds for irrelevant things.

1 Like

Re: FG Releases N375m To Feed 700,000 Pupils In Five States by NOETHNICITY(m): 11:31am On Jan 23, 2017
AntiWailer:
Why ?

During recession all funds should be intelligently disbursed and used.

Why spend money on feeding pupil instead of empowering their parents to feed them.

If power and other infrastructure are available, it will go a long way.

Imagine how much extra a barber will take home if he does not need generator to power his business ?

They should stop giving the common man food.

Bro this is a commendable one fRm govt.
Its a way of putting money in the hands of privaTe biz owners, feeding kids and creating Emploments since the cooks will ve employ pple as well.
This is one nice way of diluting the impact of the recession.

1 Like

Re: FG Releases N375m To Feed 700,000 Pupils In Five States by AntiWailer: 11:44am On Jan 23, 2017
NOETHNICITY:
Bro this is a commendable one fRm govt.
Its a way of putting money in the hands of privaTe biz owners, feeding kids and creating Emploments since the cooks will ve employ pple as well.
This is one nice way of diluting the impact of the recession.
You are very right but my major problem is that they will steal it along the channel.

It would have been ok if we dnt have cash issues but I agree with you on a way to have more money in the economy.

Well said

1 Like

Re: FG Releases N375m To Feed 700,000 Pupils In Five States by me69: 12:24pm On Jan 23, 2017
uzolexis:

he is right though. This amount is just for 10 days in only 5 states, imagine if they decide to do it for 36 states and every school day, is it sustainable?? Your guess is as good as mine. Welfare packages/schemes are good but in Nigeria that is nit what we need now. We need more friendly business environment, better infrastructures, strengthened institutions. that is the only way our economy can grow.
I agree but you also need the human capital. The infrastructure means nothing if you can't take proper advantage of them. Feeding pupils is not the main goal, the goal is to take out the main excuse parents in poor areas don't make their kids go to school, because they can't afford to feed themselves and their children's with only 2 working, they need the child to work.

1 Like

Re: FG Releases N375m To Feed 700,000 Pupils In Five States by me69: 12:28pm On Jan 23, 2017
xammyx:

U are wrong or #*%&, so empowering people or Investments should be better, not feeding
That is the aim of the policy if you are smart enough to see beyond ur biased thoughts. The reason government feed them is for their parents to allow them go to school so they won't have to feed them through the daytime. And do you even think abt all those children that go to school with nothing in their stomach. You must be wicked. Kudos to Mr President all previous head of states didn't care. Give credit when it is due it will make a better human being
Re: FG Releases N375m To Feed 700,000 Pupils In Five States by me69: 12:32pm On Jan 23, 2017
Statsocial:

No he isn't talking rubbish. He makes perfect sense
not at all. I'm an economist and I can tell you that what you need moving forward is a strong labor force intelligent. The problem of growth or development is not so about not having access to capital or the technology to produce whatever but in the long run it is about how you make use of technology and capital that is available to you. Today we have people who have the capital but there are clueless and don't know what to do . The President is preparing a future society to take over from us, that will be smarter and able to make use of capital and technology to the advantage of the country. So why are you mad
Re: FG Releases N375m To Feed 700,000 Pupils In Five States by uzolexis(f): 12:37pm On Jan 23, 2017
me69:
I agree but you also need the human capital. The infrastructure means nothing if you can't take proper advantage of them. Feeding pupils is not the main goal, the goal is to take out the main excuse parents in poor areas don't make their kids go to school, because they can't afford to feed themselves and their children's with only 2 working, they need the child to work.

my point is considering the current situation of our country this is not sustainable. This govt is trying to do too many things at work. This is honestly not a priority. If they strengthen institutions and infrastructures e.g electricity, transport etc this will create jobs for people and this job creation will benefit the parents of this children and trickle down to them as well.

1 Like

Re: FG Releases N375m To Feed 700,000 Pupils In Five States by me69: 12:37pm On Jan 23, 2017
buchilino:

UR COMMENTS N CRITICISM IS FILLED WITH TRIBAL SENTIMENTS.
That is what I accuse you of. How can feeding children attract so much critism. It is either you don't like children and you think they should die of hunger or your comments are driven by tribal or religious sentiments. Remember the man from whatever group he belongs to, is not a religious leader to you, no a tribal leader, nor a king. He is just a man given a mission by the majority of Nigerians to conduct the affair of the government for a short time. So stop hating because he is Muslim or from the north, he will leave one day
Re: FG Releases N375m To Feed 700,000 Pupils In Five States by toonzay(m): 3:18pm On Jan 23, 2017
AfroSisi:
Good move. Operation feed the nation

what stupid move is that..¿
do the mathematics....thats just approximately #535.7 per head..
and for how long will that last

1 Like

Re: FG Releases N375m To Feed 700,000 Pupils In Five States by rose54321: 4:00pm On Jan 23, 2017
Winning123:

Thief. You want loan you will abscond with.

Poverty mentality.
For you information not all Nigerians are like you. We have some decent Nigerian business owners, who rather than seeing an opportunity to steal, see an opportunity to GROW.

Until we all put sentiments aside when analysing government policies, only then can we move forward as a country.

This scheme is irrational, impractical and opens room for easy corruption.

1 Like

Re: FG Releases N375m To Feed 700,000 Pupils In Five States by rose54321: 4:05pm On Jan 23, 2017
me69:

I laugh in spanish, you have the guts to label what i wrote 'rubbish', yet you failed yo give an 'unrubbish' opinion.

Anywho i have only 1 question, kindly mention how the positives of the schemes outweighs the negatives, if you can't then you have no business quoting me.

1 Like

Re: FG Releases N375m To Feed 700,000 Pupils In Five States by buchilino(m): 4:12pm On Jan 23, 2017
me69:
That is what I accuse you of. How can feeding children attract so much critism. It is either you don't like children and you think they should die of hunger or your comments are driven by tribal or religious sentiments. Remember the man from whatever group he belongs to, is not a religious leader to you, no a tribal leader, nor a king. He is just a man given a mission by the majority of Nigerians to conduct the affair of the government for a short time. So stop hating because he is Muslim or from the north, he will leave one day

TELL U WAT, I ADVISE U, GO 2 PLACES LIKE YOBE, KATSINA, JIGAWA OR ZAMFARA, N STAY 4 AT LEAST 2 WEEKS. AFTER STAYING DER, TELL ME UR EXPERIENCE.

1 Like

Re: FG Releases N375m To Feed 700,000 Pupils In Five States by me69: 5:41pm On Jan 23, 2017
buchilino:

TELL U WAT, I ADVISE U, GO 2 PLACES LIKE YOBE, KATSINA, JIGAWA OR ZAMFARA, N STAY 4 AT LEAST 2 WEEKS. AFTER STAYING DER, TELL ME UR EXPERIENCE.
i don't see ur point
Re: FG Releases N375m To Feed 700,000 Pupils In Five States by me69: 5:53pm On Jan 23, 2017
rose54321:

I laugh in spanish, you have the guts to label what i wrote 'rubbish', yet you failed yo give an 'unrubbish' opinion.

Anywho i have only 1 question, kindly mention how the positives of the schemes outweighs the negatives, if you can't then you have no business quoting me.

I can tell you that what you need moving forward is a strong labor force intelligent. The problem of growth or development is not so about not having access to capital or the technology to produce whatever but in the long run it is about how you make use of technology and capital that is available to you. Today we have people who have the capital but there are clueless and don't know what to do . The President is preparing a future society to take over from us, that will be smarter and able to make use of capital and technology to the advantage of the country. So why are you mad
Re: FG Releases N375m To Feed 700,000 Pupils In Five States by rose54321: 6:17pm On Jan 23, 2017
me69:
I can tell you that what you need moving forward is a strong labor force intelligent. The problem of growth or development is not so about not having access to capital or the technology to produce whatever but in the long run it is about how you make use of technology and capital that is available to you. Today we have people who have the capital but there are clueless and don't know what to do . The President is preparing a future society to take over from us, that will be smarter and able to make use of capital and technology to the advantage of the country. So why are you mad

Wow what's the correlation between what you said and the topic at hand.
So by your logic feeding equates to intelligence. Why don't we all just eat more to be smarter.

Dude what our schools need is better amenities - a better learning environment, if you like feed students chicken and salad, if teachers are under paid and teach in a poorly furnished classroom, we will still get half baked or even unbaked graduates.

1 Like

Re: FG Releases N375m To Feed 700,000 Pupils In Five States by me69: 7:14pm On Jan 23, 2017
rose54321:

Wow what's the correlation between what you said and the topic at hand.
So by your logic feeding equates to intelligence. Why don't we all just eat more to be smarter.

Dude what our schools need is better amenities - a better learning environment, if you like feed students chicken and salad, if teachers are under paid and teach in a poorly furnished classroom, we will still get half baked or even unbaked graduates.
How hard is it to understand. Most people are poor and would rather see their kids work to earn a little to help the family, the more children there is the more burden on the family, so some parents don't send their children to school because then how would they feed their children if food isn't enough so they need the child to hustle too which can keep the child out of school. Here the government offers to feed the child so the parent doesn't have to worry about it, at least for that 2 meal. Other parents do send their children to school but too often with an empty stomach, or with no enough meal for them to have the energy to study properly. With this policy FG takes away these disincentives from parents. It is just an incentive to have more children attend school and be focus on the education.

You can have all the furniture you want but if pupils are distracted or if they can't come to school it's pointless. And this is just one policy others will come. Every policy at its time

1 Like

Re: FG Releases N375m To Feed 700,000 Pupils In Five States by rose54321: 7:37pm On Jan 23, 2017
me69:
How hard is it to understand. Most people are poor and would rather see their kids work to earn a little to help the family, the more children there is the more burden on the family, so some parents don't send their children to school because then how would they feed their children if food isn't enough so they need the child to hustle too which can keep the child out of school. Here the government offers to feed the child so the parent doesn't have to worry about it, at least for that 2 meal. Other parents do send their children to school but too often with an empty stomach, or with no enough meal for them to have the energy to study properly. With this policy FG takes away these disincentives from parents. It is just an incentive to have more children attend school and be focus on the education.

You can have all the furniture you want but if pupils are distracted or if they can't come to school it's pointless. And this is just one policy others will come. Every policy at its time

Your argument is flawed but i dont have the luxury of time to explain in detail.

In Nigeria, unfortunately the emphasis is placed on children going to school rather than on the standard of education at the school - the result will ultimately be a high unemployment rate.

Yes there are few jobs in Nigeria, but compounding that is that most graduates are not employable. Their foundation is flawed (primary and secondary level). Thats the stage you can be molded.

Watch and see how in few months allegations of teachers stealing rice, bags diverted etc etc unfold. You don't fight corruption by creating avenues for corruption

We need to focus less on children going to school and more on the standard of education.

1 Like

Re: FG Releases N375m To Feed 700,000 Pupils In Five States by Yello1(m): 8:35pm On Jan 23, 2017
me69:
are you dump or you can not read. FG is feeding pupils OK, they shouldn't out there working but studying
won't grace u with an argument since people like u on nairaland can not comment without been rude.

1 Like

Re: FG Releases N375m To Feed 700,000 Pupils In Five States by me69: 10:05pm On Jan 23, 2017
Yello1:
won't grace u with an argument since people like u on nairaland can not comment without been rude.
If I offended you. I apologize forgive me
Re: FG Releases N375m To Feed 700,000 Pupils In Five States by me69: 10:15pm On Jan 23, 2017
rose54321:

Your argument is flawed but i dont have the luxury of time to explain in detail.

In Nigeria, unfortunately the emphasis is placed on children going to school rather than on the standard of education at the school - the result will ultimately be a high unemployment rate.

Yes there are few jobs in Nigeria, but compounding that is that most graduates are not employable. Their foundation is flawed (primary and secondary level). Thats the stage you can be molded.

Watch and see how in few months allegations of teachers stealing rice, bags diverted etc etc unfold. You don't fight corruption by creating avenues for corruption

We need to focus less on children going to school and more on the standard of education.
No you are wrong. This is a process. You can't wait until you achieve excellence or whatever standard you are looking for because you can always do more. The role of FG is clear, it is FG that has the mandat to provide equal opportunity to all Nigerians, and it starts from education at basic levels. We Nigerians like to quote countries like US , UK etc, even though i don't usually i will make an exception here, policy makers in these countries always debate on how to improve the educational system in THESE COUNTRIES while there are arguably the best in the world . SO improvement is always part of the journey.
Re: FG Releases N375m To Feed 700,000 Pupils In Five States by me69: 10:23pm On Jan 23, 2017
uzolexis:

my point is considering the current situation of our country this is not sustainable. This govt is trying to do too many things at work. This is honestly not a priority. If they strengthen institutions and infrastructures e.g electricity, transport etc this will create jobs for people and this job creation will benefit the parents of this children and trickle down to them as well.
True and FG has allocated a lot for that purpose. But you must recognize that reversing decades of poor infrastructure management and vision-less energy policies cannot happen overnight. It is a process, and the government cannot afford to focus only that because at the end of the day every thing is interconnected (Infrastructure-->Energy-->Education)
Re: FG Releases N375m To Feed 700,000 Pupils In Five States by Yello1(m): 11:04pm On Jan 23, 2017
me69:
If I offended you. I apologize forgive me
u are a gud Nigerian and I like ur nature. God bless our land

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Can National Assembly Override Anti-open Grazing Laws Enacted By States? / APC Chairmanship: 7 Governors, Tinubu, Akande Endorse Oshiomhole / Why Obaseki Is Yet To Form His Cabinet — Idahosa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.