Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,743 members, 7,912,072 topics. Date: Monday, 05 August 2024 at 08:26 PM

Literature/story/the Search - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Literature/story/the Search (606 Views)

BDSM EROTIC STORY: The Heaven Between Her Legs / A Foreign Literature Class Will Be Treating My Short Story. I'm Amazed. / Kazuo Ishiguro Wins The 2017 Nobel Prize In Literature! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Literature/story/the Search by Carys(f): 11:37pm On Jan 22, 2017
THE SEARCH
I had just finished running more than a kilometer under the rain in search of a shelter from the growing and windy august rain, a kind I was sure would grant me sure access into the fever line. And because I couldn’t get any keke napep to quicken my journey to my interview location, I was soaked beyond wetness that I felt my underpants were becoming heavy like I wore a shield. The files that contained my curriculum vitae were so soaked that I had considered throwing them away at one point; my life was in jeopardy more so because I had an interview in an hour time, an appointment that I was sure would end my four years search for a job. It was devastating.

I reached a T Junction and still there was no corner shop or even a spoilt keke napep to take refuge while I prayed for the rain to stop. I was so pained that I started to cry, and still didn’t stop running, it was funny though, but I needed to remind myself I was still human.

“sisssssssss” a voice called.
Since the rain was much and it also was accompanied with a very noisy wind, so I couldn’t see much. I stopped and turned to see who had sissssed at me, hoping greatly that the caller had a place I could hide from the rain.
“Come and stay here oo” the voice called out again some miles from me.

Placing my hands firmly on my eye brows ensuring I stopped the rains from obstructing my view, I was able to sight some human figures under a covered zinc structure. And without thinking twice, I made a fast one to the location, running and smashing into gutters and ditches like it was a fun thing to do.
“Thank you so much” I said immediately I entered the shop that barely had space.
I actually didn’t care if the space was going to house me; all I did was to turn to anyone I saw and said thanks as I bowed my head alongside. The space was so small, and it looked like a shop where they sell cigarettes and kai-kai (gin). A bench that was occupied mainly with women numbering about seven was placed at the center of the shop, because everyone was avoiding the edges of the shop due to the leaking zinc. There were about five other people standing tightly behind them, and most of them were men.
“Were you going to keep running under the rain if we didn’t call you?” one of those sitting asked.
“Omo yes oo…it’s not like I have a mansion around here” I joked as I tried packaging my wet self after noticing the pretty lady that asked me the question.
She had asked and then kept quiet so fast, she didn’t even care about the reply I had specially arranged for her amusement. She had caught my attention like a nice Nike shoes would. She had turned my head upside down so fast that I actually stared at her without minding the consequences. She was the most beautiful girl I had ever seen, and for some reasons she was smiling as she looked at her phone, and this made her more pretty. And that I wasn’t going to just ignore, not even now that I needed a woman in my life.
“Hey!” I called out facing her direction and then gesturing with my head.
She didn’t even....continue story on https://carysmareeyaonwueme./2017/01/22/the-search/ PS holla if you are writer/poet...join the writers community✌️

Re: Literature/story/the Search by Carys(f): 3:11pm On Jan 24, 2017
SIMPLY LIVE

Head over clouds
A simple life is a good life… so they say.

Our lives are complicated enough; the digital world consumes us to feel eternally busy, perpetually loud. Constant pressures from unwanted sources, conflicting guidance, drain us to the point that we withdraw and obstruct our minds. We are all, however bound by the most influential motivator in our life; happiness. And it is this common search for happiness that we can momentarily fulfil, bit by bit, through appreciation of our environment.
Lately in this inextinguishable pursuit, I have found myself walking in the spooky cool hours of the morning, when not even the early bird is out getting the worm. And then one morning, like any other, it hit me. Not the answer to my questions, but some hairy, black thing that had conveniently decided to park itself and its web above the footpath! Arggh…....continue reading on https://carysmareeyaonwueme./2017/01/23/simply-live/

Re: Literature/story/the Search by Carys(f): 5:06pm On Jan 29, 2017
Lol African mothers never fail us...

A VERY SHORT SHORT STORY
Kobi wasn’t a particularly difficult child but his mother was a deeply devout Pentecostal and she constantly worried at his lack of loyalty to the church and indifference to holy activities. He had to endure repeated sessions sitting in front of the pastor being quizzed about his religious conviction, whilst being threatened with eternal damnation as the end point for all sinful young souls. The pastor was quite effective at his portrayal of the scary prospects that awaited church strays but the fear was usually short-lived. During one particularly boring session, a long line of termites going in and out of their living quarters in the church building’s frail wooden superstructure had caught his attention....continue reading on https://carysmareeyaonwueme./2017/01/29/​a-very-short-story/

(1) (Reply)

Emi La O Ni Yo Si? (why Won't We Be Glad?) / Goodnight My Beloved Grandma / When People Say I Miss You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.