Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,888 members, 7,915,556 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 06:44 AM

National Anthem - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / National Anthem (341 Views)

How do Atheists view the Nigerian National Anthem/Pledge? / The Anthem Of The Redeemed Christian Church Of God / The Redeemed Christian Church Of God (RCCG) Official Anthem mp3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

National Anthem by toyinaremu(f): 7:47am On Jan 23, 2017
Do you still remember the stanza two of the Nigerian national anthem? (smiles). I'm sure many might have forgotten but let me help you out.

Oh God of creation
Direct our noble cause
And guide our leaders right
Help our youth the truth to know
In love and honesty to grow
And living just and true
Great lofty heights attain
To build a nation where peace
And justice shall reign.

Reading this lyrics again, I discovered it has some fundamental prayers for everyone to observe; youths in particular. The fourth line says help our youths the truth to know; what is this truth?

John 14:6 'Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father except through Me.' This is a powerful verse because it completely describes who Jesus is. It is a key statement that defines Jesus as the truth. He is the only way we can reach the Father and have life, now and in eternity.

Moreover, you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free and for this truth to set you free, it means you need to be saved.

Fifth and sixth line states that "In love and honesty to grow"; And living just and true. These are basic ingredients to live as Christians who will be just and true; in genuine love, not loving for sexual reasons, not loving for gain but loving unconditionally. In honesty indoor and outdoor, your yes is yes and no is no. Not sitting on the fence, and not deceiving that brother or sister.

How much of love which you have received do you spread around as Christians? We are not called to judge anyone but to love everyone with the love of Christ. Even when a fellow fall, we're to help him/her rise again with a truthful heart of concern or care and not seeing it as an opportunity to judge, condemn or cast away!

This is another opportunity to give your life to Christ and also re-examine yourself as Christians, read this lyrics prayerfully and I pray that God will minister more to you in Jesus name, Amen
Re: National Anthem by aremusegun(m): 8:55am On Jan 23, 2017
Great!!!

(1) (Reply)

Zeal Without Knowledge By Apostle W.e Nwokeoma / Repent Today! The Kingdom Of God Is At Hand! / The God Of Increase

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.