Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,422 members, 7,888,298 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 01:26 AM

Jewellery Business And Barbing Saloon, Which Is Better? - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Jewellery Business And Barbing Saloon, Which Is Better? (20997 Views)

Labourer Won A Saloon Car From Dangote (Photo) / Barbing Saloon Vs Laundry Services: Which Is A Better Business? / Barbing Saloon Esterblishment (cost, Materials And ROI)?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jewellery Business And Barbing Saloon, Which Is Better? by osjoshua(m): 8:32pm On Jan 23, 2017
Mogbe! I don enter page 2
Re: Jewellery Business And Barbing Saloon, Which Is Better? by henrydadon(m): 8:32pm On Jan 23, 2017
[quote author=Addicted2Women post=53068553][b]
I would recommend a barbing salon

But jewelry business is good but not that great, who do you want to sell those jewelries to ?? Where do you wanna sell them ??

When you say jewelry, you mean real jewelries like Jesus piece, Cuban links, Hublots and Audemars or you mean those fake dog chain the Hausa people sell ??

If you want those type of dog chain the Hausa guys sell, go to China, they are very cheap there

Why would you go to Dubai ?? This is the reason why many of you won't be successful in business, you want to rush to Dubai to go see tall buildings

If you call yourself a businessman and don't know that China is the business headquarter of the world, you don't deserve to be in business

When i went to China, i was shocked, i saw them manufacture Rolex Replicas and Audemar Piquet replicas, i bought 3 Rolex for $400, came back to New York and went to a Rolex shop and sold each one for $13,000

Things are manufactured cheaply in China, for example, an IPhone 6 earphones for $1 and sell them for $13 in the USA [/b]
[/quote

easy with this he lies nah

hmm..you went to a rolex shop in America to sell them fake rolex watch..are American that dumb

7 Likes

Re: Jewellery Business And Barbing Saloon, Which Is Better? by sKeetz(m): 8:34pm On Jan 23, 2017
Vickify:

Stale

and you are ?? undecided
Re: Jewellery Business And Barbing Saloon, Which Is Better? by solomedoh: 8:35pm On Jan 23, 2017
barbing salon then hire a good barbers to make return on agreed (fixed) amount on weekly basis. The salon must be standard well equipped with all facilities
Re: Jewellery Business And Barbing Saloon, Which Is Better? by Nuezha(m): 8:36pm On Jan 23, 2017
Iamwrath:

Must you quote the whole chapter? Haba people

The OP got the message. That's all I care.
Re: Jewellery Business And Barbing Saloon, Which Is Better? by Drazeen(m): 8:39pm On Jan 23, 2017
star4ever:
Hi Nairalanders,

I will appreciate your candid advise on a business decision which I feel you may be of help to provide superior comments to enable me make informed decisions.

I am seriously considering setting up a business with the little money at my disposal. This decision has been a tough one in view of the fact that, I once set up a hair dressing saloon and recharge card/phone shop in the past but the business couldn't survive due poor management by my workers among other reasons.

I know this is not a very good time for importation or international business, however, I would like to start travelling to Dubai to buy jewelleries and sell. Part of what is driving this, is due to the nature of my work which entails meeting top government functionaries on a day to day basis. I want to use the network I have built over the years as my target. This means that I have a good client base considering their status and ability to patronize me. I am on paid employment and therefore do not have time for businesses that require 100% supervision. Based on the foregoing, I want to know how profitable the business is, the intricacies, the best approach to use for such a business and any other advise that can help a sister in this circumstance.

Secondly, following the collapse of my hair dressing saloon, I was strongly advised by friends to try barbing saloon which if run on commission basis will yield income and remain sustainable. But I am afraid to venture into this business because I don't want to loose money again especially, in this hard times.

Nonetheless, I have a strong conviction that gold selling if well coached will help a great deal to increase my financial base over time.

The following are the objectives of this starting a business:
1. to make additional income other than my monthly salary
2. to increase the money at hand rather than leave it in the bank without any attractive margin
3. sustainability
4. profitability

I await your comments, suggestions, opinions etc.

Thank you.
Re: Jewellery Business And Barbing Saloon, Which Is Better? by PRISTINEMUSCLES: 8:39pm On Jan 23, 2017
Jewellery business is prefarable because you would be actively involved in seeing to the daily running of the business. On the other hand running a barbing salon is not so lucrative. Boys no dey go salon dey barb hair again, dey do it all by themselves. So many barbers have become okada riders. I see so many barbers lamenting on a daily. Moreover you will not be able to remotely monitor the barber(s) you employ and God help you if such person is not trustworthy.
Re: Jewellery Business And Barbing Saloon, Which Is Better? by jarmoskie: 8:39pm On Jan 23, 2017
bros there's nothing like barbing salon
Re: Jewellery Business And Barbing Saloon, Which Is Better? by drealj: 8:41pm On Jan 23, 2017
sKeetz:
Pls if you get to know of anyone selling his/her car. Any model and any color. In good condition with all the documents valid and legal, and the price is between 750k and 1.500m Please let him/her sell it. I am not interested.
Thanks.
. Shayo na bastard o.my broda I beg go sleep o.
Re: Jewellery Business And Barbing Saloon, Which Is Better? by stevocracy88(m): 8:42pm On Jan 23, 2017
My dear......start salon first oh....jewelry business....the rate of people owing you is too high.
Re: Jewellery Business And Barbing Saloon, Which Is Better? by eezeribe(m): 8:45pm On Jan 23, 2017
Addicted2Women:
[b]

But jewelry business is good but not that great, who do you want to sell those jewelries to ?? Where do you wanna sell them ??

When you say jewelry, you mean real jewelries like Jesus piece, Cuban links, Hublots and Audemars or you mean those fake dog chain the Hausa people sell ??

If you want those type of dog chain the Hausa guys sell, go to China, they are very cheap there

Why would you go to Dubai ?? This is the reason why many of you won't be successful in business, you want to rush to Dubai to go see tall buildings

If you call yourself a businessman and don't know that China is the business headquarter of the world, you don't deserve to be in business

When i went to China, i was shocked, i saw them manufacture Rolex Replicas and Audemar Piquet replicas, i bought 3 Rolex for $400, came back to New York and went to a Rolex shop and sold each one for $13,000

Things are manufactured cheaply in China, for example, an IPhone 6 earphones for $1 and sell them for $13 in the USA [/b]

Did you come to make a suggestion or Edify yourself
Re: Jewellery Business And Barbing Saloon, Which Is Better? by dacovajnr: 8:48pm On Jan 23, 2017
sKeetz:
Pls if you get to know of anyone selling his/her car. Any model and any color. In good condition with all the documents valid and legal, and the price is between 750k and 1.500m Please let him/her sell it. I am not interested.
Thanks.
Lord of the Weed! grin
Re: Jewellery Business And Barbing Saloon, Which Is Better? by Franky9584(m): 8:57pm On Jan 23, 2017
I think barbing salon z better here because one cannot do without barbing/plaiting of hair but one can always do without buying jewellery.... for me, I can't rmber d last time I bought one
Re: Jewellery Business And Barbing Saloon, Which Is Better? by blesoh(f): 8:59pm On Jan 23, 2017
soberdrunk:
Barbing saloon business is not as easy as it seems, there are so many saloons in almost every corner and most people dont change barbers often, its better you stick with the gold biz.....

Ps- I have used the same barber for '25 years', i changed location and used the same barber for three months till the barber bought 'brand new' toyota corolla, i had to change him.(Yes am a hater!! And am also superstitious angry)
Jesu you didn't want his progress? shocked lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Jewellery Business And Barbing Saloon, Which Is Better? by Opakan2: 9:15pm On Jan 23, 2017
Jewelry business is more profitable no doubt if you have existing market for it.. most Nigerians don't fancy jewelry I won't deceive you only the wealthy ones

Barbing on the other hand is less profitable but sustainable, you can make it big if you open in a posh location
Re: Jewellery Business And Barbing Saloon, Which Is Better? by Addicted2Women: 9:15pm On Jan 23, 2017
[quote author=henrydadon post=53069014][/quote]

Sorry, i don't talk to kids
Re: Jewellery Business And Barbing Saloon, Which Is Better? by OMOYE247(f): 9:17pm On Jan 23, 2017
You can do both....but start small,but you have to get someone really trust worth to enable u run d saloon and give good working conditions.... You can introduce drawing of tatoos, nd pedicure.... Men do these stuffs!! Sometimes its cheaper to train someone nd den employ him ....Also you have connections for d jewelry which is d most important....weda dollar high or not..... Gold jewelries are still assets not liabilities
Re: Jewellery Business And Barbing Saloon, Which Is Better? by oyetpel(m): 9:17pm On Jan 23, 2017
Whichever one you chose, put your sibling or family member in charge.
Re: Jewellery Business And Barbing Saloon, Which Is Better? by akanbiaa(m): 9:19pm On Jan 23, 2017
What is your passion and desire in life that gives you fulfilment OP if you can answer that honestly you are on your way to know and invest in your destined business that win or loose you will be happy doing
Re: Jewellery Business And Barbing Saloon, Which Is Better? by onunwa21(m): 9:24pm On Jan 23, 2017
If u re nt ready to handle the barbing saloon urself , don't venture into it. Otherwise see you, see high blood pressure. Jewelry is beta, at least you can take ur stock. It's also more profitable. Cos of recession I now visit barber shop once in 2 weeks. Lol
Re: Jewellery Business And Barbing Saloon, Which Is Better? by onunwa21(m): 9:24pm On Jan 23, 2017
If u re nt ready to handle the barbing saloon urself , don't venture into it. Otherwise see you, see high blood pressure. Jewelry is beta, at least you can take ur stock. It's also more profitable. Cos of recession I now visit barber shop once in 2 weeks. Lol cry
Re: Jewellery Business And Barbing Saloon, Which Is Better? by holar2ge(m): 9:26pm On Jan 23, 2017
Bros. I dey feel you die...you be correct businessman.

Teach me too pls

Addicted2Women:
[b]

Re: Jewellery Business And Barbing Saloon, Which Is Better? by Jobabori(m): 9:29pm On Jan 23, 2017
oyetpel:
Whichever one you chose, put your sibling or family member in charge.
The worst advise so far. This may easily ruin your business, the business must have stabilised before you think of appointing any relation, if necessary.
Re: Jewellery Business And Barbing Saloon, Which Is Better? by Xeedorf: 9:32pm On Jan 23, 2017
sKeetz:
Invest that money into MMM, thank me later!!

You joined MMM last month and introduced 20people. But you have been a Christain for 20 years without wining a soul.
Dont worry your case is different, God is soaking ur cane in acid...

2 Likes

Re: Jewellery Business And Barbing Saloon, Which Is Better? by oyetpel(m): 9:36pm On Jan 23, 2017
Jobabori:

The worst advise so far. This may easily ruin your business, the business must have stabilised before you think of appointing any relation, if necessary.
GUESS YOU DIDN'T READ THIS PART, "but the business
couldn't survive due poor management by my workers among
other reasons."
Re: Jewellery Business And Barbing Saloon, Which Is Better? by Nancy2016: 9:48pm On Jan 23, 2017
Addicted2Women:

When i went to China, i was shocked, i saw them manufacture Rolex Replicas and Audemar Piquet replicas, i bought 3 Rolex for $400, came back to New York and went to a Rolex shop and sold each one for $13000

Are you sure this story is true? It was certainly a reseller, definitely not a Rolex store. Most likely a store that hasn't been accredited by Rolex and sells fake goods.

1 Like

Re: Jewellery Business And Barbing Saloon, Which Is Better? by Nusaf: 9:53pm On Jan 23, 2017
soberdrunk:
Barbing saloon business is not as easy as it seems, there are so many saloons in almost every corner and most people dont change barbers often, its better you stick with the gold biz.....

Ps- I have used the same barber for '25 years', i changed location and used the same barber for three months till the barber bought 'brand new' toyota corolla, i had to change him.(Yes am a hater!! And am also superstitious angry)

Really? I like the sincerity.
Re: Jewellery Business And Barbing Saloon, Which Is Better? by Nobody: 9:58pm On Jan 23, 2017
CarrotAndStick:
Jewellery all the way! It's like comparing an old, semi-deaf Buhari with a young and vibrant Trump.

Who tell u Trump is young and vibrant
Re: Jewellery Business And Barbing Saloon, Which Is Better? by Nusaf: 10:02pm On Jan 23, 2017
sKeetz:
Thanks.

O boy, why not go into comedy and stop wasting this talent? I laugh sotey my teeth want comot. Okay let me ask, which price range are u interested in?
Re: Jewellery Business And Barbing Saloon, Which Is Better? by Nobody: 10:09pm On Jan 23, 2017
soberdrunk:

u re bad very bad...25yrs...person cant upgrade in peace again undecided
soberdrunk:

u re bad very bad...25yrs...person cant upgrade in peace again
Re: Jewellery Business And Barbing Saloon, Which Is Better? by Nobody: 10:11pm On Jan 23, 2017
Addicted2Women:
[b]

How a Rolex shop couldn't tell the difference in quality of a 1dollar china made rolex piece from an authentic rolex piece baffles me. You sold a 150 dols rolex watch to a rolex shop for 13,000 dollars is a miracle. Alleluia!!

1 Like

Re: Jewellery Business And Barbing Saloon, Which Is Better? by Nobody: 10:23pm On Jan 23, 2017
Addicted2Women:
[b]

How a Rolex shop couldn't tell the difference in quality of a 1dollar china made rolex piece from an authentic rolex piece baffles me. That you sold a 150 dols rolex watch to a rolex shop for 13,000 dollars is a miracle. Alleluia!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria To Begin Rice Exportation - Prof. Bola Okuneye / Bill Gates Is World's Richest, Surpases Carlos Slim / Dollar Exchange Rate As At This Evening

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.