Stats: 3,176,784 members, 7,898,800 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 July 2024 at 07:28 PM

They Said 2.1 Was The Minimum Requirement But Interviewer Made A Pass - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / They Said 2.1 Was The Minimum Requirement But Interviewer Made A Pass (616 Views)

What Will You Say If The Interviewer Says "You Have 10 Minutes To Impress Me? / Entry-level Office Assistant/assistant To Ceo Jobs Minimum Requirement OND / Don't Tell The Interviewer About Yourself, This Is What He Really Wants To Hear (2) (3) (4)

They Said 2.1 Was The Minimum Requirement But Interviewer Made A Pass by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jan 24, 2017
I graduated from the University in 2010 with a 2.1. Did my NYSC in 2011 and got a relatively well-paying job.

Two Months ago I saw an advert for placement in a big company in the Niger Delta and I applied. To be eligible for consideration, you must have made a 2.1 in the University. We got to the venue of the interview and the Chief Interviewer was my course mate back in my undergraduate days who graduated with a Pass. She even had an extra year in School. It turns out she is also a Director in the Company and much more interesting is the fact that her Dad is the Major Shareholder as well as Chairman of the Company. The things we see in this life. Well, of course I got the job with a fantastic salary but I couldn't stay. Chairman's daughter is more powerful than the Managing Director. She doesn't come to the office but controls everything from the comfort of her home. You can't even cough in the office without her permission and if she isn't around to give you the permission to cough (and she is hardly ever around), then you have to hold your cough.

Even the Managing Director cannot approve the disbursement of funds without her counter-signing. I guess he is the MD because he has the brains and qualifications to run the business. Every requisition for funds to carry out any project is made to the MD, MD approves and sends to Chief Accountant and Chief Accountant must "cross-check" with small madam before money leaves the account. If small madam says no, that is the end of the matter.

What a world!!!
Re: They Said 2.1 Was The Minimum Requirement But Interviewer Made A Pass by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jan 24, 2017

Well, they run the biz coz probably they are the highest shareholders in that company.. Besides, she cud be the C.O.O of their company as well..
Re: They Said 2.1 Was The Minimum Requirement But Interviewer Made A Pass by thesicilian: 5:03pm On Jan 24, 2017
Is the interviewer the one looking for a job?

Re: They Said 2.1 Was The Minimum Requirement But Interviewer Made A Pass by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jan 24, 2017
thesicilian:

Abi

Re: They Said 2.1 Was The Minimum Requirement But Interviewer Made A Pass by sinaj(f): 5:12pm On Jan 24, 2017
thesicilian:
u are wicked grin
Re: They Said 2.1 Was The Minimum Requirement But Interviewer Made A Pass by thesicilian: 5:27pm On Jan 24, 2017
sinaj:
u are wicked grin
Sinaj my long lost friend. Think of it sha, someone who's looking begging for a job is busy comparing grades with potential employer. Who does that?

Ace Nigeria Job Interview Invitees / British American Tobacco Nigeria Latest Job Recruitment 2017 (4 Positions) / How To Apply For Mtn Nigeria Job, 14th February 2017