Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,732 members, 7,979,471 topics. Date: Saturday, 19 October 2024 at 09:33 AM

Between The Zombies And Wailers: A Battle Of Only Casualties - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Between The Zombies And Wailers: A Battle Of Only Casualties (963 Views)

As The Battle Of The Generals Rages: Buhari, Danjuma Clash Again / My Response To The Zombies On The Jurisdiction Of The Colombia District Court / Who Are The Afonjas, Zombies And Wailers? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Between The Zombies And Wailers: A Battle Of Only Casualties by Joel3(m): 10:23pm On Jan 26, 2017
When America predicted that 2015 will be the end of a united Nigeria, many only taught it to mean the disintegration of our sovereignty and secession of various nationalities from the Nigerian state.

However what most Nigerians did not decipher is that in all intent and purpose, a united Nigeria ended in 2015, albeit not through secession, but a metamorphosis of two giant independent states of differing public opinion christened as “Wailers” and “Zombie” republic.

Sincere observers of the Nigerian polity will agree that never in the history of Nigeria has there been such a fierce sharp contrast in opinion and political leanings with such bitterness of this magnitude between these two shades of public opinion. It transcends from internet wars down to the street corners, markets, workshops, in the taxi cab, garage, mechanic workshop and even in the church the differences are obvious.

Make no mistake about this, the diarchy appears to be more than just dissenting opinions, a scarier element of this war is the fact that these shades of opinion is divided along tribal lines. It will be objective for any observer of this trend to agree that the republic of wailers are mainly from the southern part of the country, especially the south-eastern and south-south geopolitical zones.

They are obviously disgruntled that one of their own and former president, Goodluck Jonathan failed in his attempt to clinch the top job for a second term. The change of power to a brand new government is totally unacceptable to them. They fume with anger, ill will and a total desire for failure to any thing called “APC”, “Buhari” or “change”. To them these characters represent everything that is wrong with Nigerian.

They have tried to respond in many barbaric ways, such as criticize a noble cause like the war against corruption, stand proudly behind well-known corrupt public servants, and can even protest openly for the weirdest reason of all time.

To the wailers Nigeria must not succeed under this government, or else it ultimately means a double loss for them. In the opposite side of the divide are the zombies, those whose shade of opinion will do anything humanly possible to justify every action of the present government. Just like the name suggests, they are like robots programmed to sing praises for the present regime in total absence of fairness, truth and objectivity.

You probably will not be in doubt which part of the country dominate this group, the process still follows the voting pattern of the 2015 general elections. What they forget to understand though is the fact that elections are over, the one who lost has conceded defeat, while the winner has since be cruising round the world.

The wailers gladly accepted their designation as proudly “wailers”, while the zombies are yet to come to terms with the fact that they are actually “zombies”. When Femi Adesina took to social media and twitted his infamous season’s greetings to the wailers, little did he know that he has given approval and legitimacy to the wailer’s republic.

With this scenario presenting itself, one can only expect one thing: there will be no winners in this war, only casualties. The first casualty however is total reckless abandon of constructive criticism at a time Nigeria as a country needs it more than ever in order to overcome it’s present challenges. Every successful democracy has always rode on the back of constructive criticism based on real issues, but with the present trend in public opinion, a man from the wailers republic will see white and call it black while the men from the zombie land will see black and call it white. The idea is usually “if it isn’t our man in charge, let everything scatter” who benefits from this arrangement and who loses? I tell you nobody benefits, but they all have lost.

Another damaging casualty of this dangerous arrangement is our common wealth, since our leaders no longer have access to “truth”, constructive criticism, and issue based argument against them, there is bound to be gross mismanagement of public funds and a betrayal of public trust. Rather than form a common front and make the government accountable, we have evenly divided against one another, in the process hand them our common wealth on a platter of gold.

The biggest casualty of this war of words is the common man, specifically from those who make up the wailers and zombies. For the past couple of weeks there has been fuel scarcity in the country, where have you seen Buhari queue for fuel? Or Lai Muhammed buying fuel from the black market? To worsen the whole matter, after spending the whole day in filling stations we come here to attack one another, instead of uniting in order to make the government accountable.

Whether you are from Zombie republic or wailer’s republic, we all suffer power failure, lack of good roads, harsh forex, unemployment, low standard of living, insecurity, hunger and even death. Yet we attack one another and kill ourselves and the most painful part is that both sides will spend their last kobo just to come to the internet to attack, not the government but among themselves, the wailers and the zombies.

The harsh truth is that whether you defend or attack your countryman because of any politician, these men probably have no idea if we exist, no matter the state of our economy, they will always be governors, presidents and senators with luxury, exotic cars, private jets and have access to every good thing life can offer.

This is a war with only casualties, the winners are our leaders as long as we continue accepting peanuts and they take the juicy positions like CBN jobs, NNPC, and top jobs for their children and wards while we are only being “promised” one million jobs in six months’ time.
www.financialwatchngr.com/2016/04/11/zombies-wailers-battle-casualties/

3 Likes

Re: Between The Zombies And Wailers: A Battle Of Only Casualties by LORDOFAFONJAS: 10:25pm On Jan 26, 2017
I hate this country angry

1 Like

Re: Between The Zombies And Wailers: A Battle Of Only Casualties by balanceofterror1(m): 10:28pm On Jan 26, 2017
Where is Buhari?.

1 Like

Re: Between The Zombies And Wailers: A Battle Of Only Casualties by TANKDESTROYER(m): 10:57pm On Jan 26, 2017
keep calm... I see light at the end of this dark tunnel
Re: Between The Zombies And Wailers: A Battle Of Only Casualties by pchukwudi: 12:02am On Jan 27, 2017
OP you are %$#&*, hoplessly manipulative and terribly biased.

How could you SPECIFICALLY lump SS/SE up and tag them wailers, but when it came to defining the geograhical zone of zombies you left it to the reader's imagination? This shows that you and your opinion are %$#&* and poisonous.

I guess Sen. Shehu Sani is now from SS/SE, likewise Deji, Tuface, Olamide and a host of other critics/protesters of the gross incompitence of this collosal institutional mistake wrongly called a government.

Please just shut up.

1 Like

Re: Between The Zombies And Wailers: A Battle Of Only Casualties by Nobody: 12:09am On Jan 27, 2017
Re: Between The Zombies And Wailers: A Battle Of Only Casualties by policy12: 6:05am On Jan 27, 2017
This naija don tire pesin self....to flog all naija leaders dey hungry me.

Re: Between The Zombies And Wailers: A Battle Of Only Casualties by ZUBY77(m): 6:29am On Jan 27, 2017
pchukwudi:
OP you are %$#&*, hoplessly manipulative and terribly biased.

How could you SPECIFICALLY lump SS/SE up and tag them wailers, but when it came to defining the geograhical zone of zombies you left it to the reader's imagination? This shows that you and your opinion are %$#&* and poisonous.

I guess Sen. Shehu Sani is now from SS/SE, likewise Deji, Tuface, Olamide and a host of other critics/protesters of the gross incompitence of this collosal institutional mistake wrongly called a government.

Please just shut up.

I rushed to like your post first before reading the Op, but after reading it, I returned to unlike your post. This article represents exactly what the op said.

For the mere fact that he mentioned SS and SE alone as the area with majority of the 'Wailers' tag does not mean he was being tribalistic. It was simply the truth. You should be smart enough to know he was right. The Tulane and Co you mentioned are just few people scattered in the other geo political zones. He never said all waivers are limited to SS and SE. Just like the parties APC and PDP, there still zombies in SE and SS. But we know where the majority comes from.

He doesn't have to mention SW or the Norths before you could decifer where the Zombie tags came from; it was glaring on the article.
That said, you also represent what the Op was trying to achieve with this post. You diverted from the post and attacked the poster simply because he mentioned your tribe and refused to mention other tribes. I believe he expected us to turn our attention to the leaders who are making life difficult for us instead of attacking each other with free data we get from Communication Companies.

And before you tag me as well, know this, I m from Enugu

2 Likes

Re: Between The Zombies And Wailers: A Battle Of Only Casualties by SpecialAdviser(m): 7:06am On Jan 27, 2017
Wooow. What a nice one. But I think the Wailers are winning the battle as it stands now. Most zombies are either ashamed or they are decamping to wailers side.

Lesson is, before you take side on political matter, take a course in history. Don't just be a dump supporter.

1 Like

Re: Between The Zombies And Wailers: A Battle Of Only Casualties by Boleyndynasty2(f): 7:09am On Jan 27, 2017
TANKDESTROYER:
keep calm... I see light at the end of this dark tunnel
Which tunnel Sir? Are you sure you don't have eye problems? grin

1 Like

Re: Between The Zombies And Wailers: A Battle Of Only Casualties by pchukwudi: 7:49am On Jan 27, 2017
ZUBY77:

And before you tag me as well, know this, I m from Enugu

I think you are from Achi, to be precise. But that does not stop you from being ignorant.

1. OP represents the very problem that's plaguing this country. And that's INJUSTICE and LACK OF EQUITY. Regardless of who you are, the nobility of your opinion becomes obscured when you disregard FAIRNESS in your presentation.

2. I don't expect you to know what's wrong with OP and his opinion. Afterall you are in Nigeria, where 99% of the people lack basic information and media literacy skills. That's why you could excuse misinformation; and sacrifice objectivity on the altar of sentiment.
Re: Between The Zombies And Wailers: A Battle Of Only Casualties by TANKDESTROYER(m): 9:09am On Jan 27, 2017
Boleyndynasty2:
keep calm.... the dawn is near cool
Boleyndynasty2:
keep calm.... the dawn is near
Re: Between The Zombies And Wailers: A Battle Of Only Casualties by Joel3(m): 9:42am On Jan 27, 2017
[s]
pchukwudi:

I think you are from Achi, to be precise. But that does not stop you from being ignorant.

1. OP represents the very problem that's plaguing this country. And that's INJUSTICE and LACK OF EQUITY. Regardless of who you are, the nobility of your opinion becomes obscured when you disregard FAIRNESS in your presentation.

2. I don't expect you to know what's wrong with OP and his opinion. Afterall you are in Nigeria, where 99% of the people lack basic information and media literacy skills. That's why you could excuse misinformation; and sacrifice objectivity on the altar of sentiment.
[/s] it's very obvious you are dump/fool who refuse to learn and retreat from your useless mindset.
Re: Between The Zombies And Wailers: A Battle Of Only Casualties by chairmanchairmam: 9:45am On Jan 27, 2017
the op did not add the motto of the wailers and zombies
wailers---"He who wails last wails loudest"
zombies---"cry me a river"
meanwhile the irony of the thing is that both the "most educated" (zombies) and the "most intelligent" (wailers) are destroying themselves and the "most stupid and uneducated" (the Muslim north) are laughing at you, and ready to pick your pieces
Re: Between The Zombies And Wailers: A Battle Of Only Casualties by overall90: 9:46am On Jan 27, 2017
pchukwudi:

You are right bro.
The op tried to hide his bias by making it look like this is going to be a balanced appraisal when in actual sense he is out to criticize the so called wailers.
Apart from he lamely tried to compare the two groups as calling black white and vice versa, every other thing he wrote there where targeted at the wailers.
Re: Between The Zombies And Wailers: A Battle Of Only Casualties by pchukwudi: 9:55am On Jan 27, 2017
@ ZUBY77 take a look at the following response. Mind you, the guy did NOT write the article that's in question. But watch how he attcked me for calling out the author for his glaring hypocricy. Does the follwing rant tell you anything as per why this person created this thread

Joel3:
[s][/s] it's very obvious you are dump/fool who refuse to learn and retreat from your useless mindset.
Re: Between The Zombies And Wailers: A Battle Of Only Casualties by AvsGot007(m): 10:38am On Jan 27, 2017
so you guys goan do this again here?
Re: Between The Zombies And Wailers: A Battle Of Only Casualties by PresidentAtiku(m): 10:49am On Jan 27, 2017
Buhari mumuness alone don give wailers the medal na!

Effortlessly

(1) (Reply)

Your Pastor Is Not Your 'daddy' - Reno Omokri Slams Church Goers / Jewish/igbo Relationship: Jewish Scientists Storm Nnewi To Conduct DNA Test Rea / Buhari Still No Show Upon All The "Wailers Will Have Heart Attack"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.