Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,106 members, 7,890,673 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 06:01 PM

Should We Legalise Corruption In Nigeria? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Should We Legalise Corruption In Nigeria? (289 Views)

... And Nigeria Legalise Corruption / Senator Omogunwa Asks Senate To Legalise Corruption / Ondo Senator Asks Senate To LEGALISE Corruption (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Should We Legalise Corruption In Nigeria? by BuzzAss(m): 3:03pm On Jan 27, 2017

Who else heard the news that Senator Yele Omogunwa, who is currently representing Ondo South Senatorial District on Wednesday, 25th of January 2017 while contributing on the floor of the Senate suggested that Nigeria should legalise corruption? Well I did and I didn’t find it funny like most Nigerians did. With such news, I realised we have the wrong individuals in power as our leaders. We are kinda in for it!

Senator Omogunwa even argued that with such legislation corrupt politicians (like him I guess) and public officials will have no reason to hide their loot abroad. He suggested that legalising corruption would be a good way of curbing it since it has eaten deep into the fabrics of this nation.

How will such legislation achieve that almost impossible feat? He was of the opinion that a legalized corruption would help politicians and public office holders to invest their loots in businesses in Nigeria rather than stashing them abroad. But who told him his corrupt colleagues are even planning to develop the country? Most of them are there to fill their pockets that explain why they have been unable to come up with developmental initiatives over the years.

Read full article on BuzzAss http://buzzass.com/2017/01/27/should-we-legalise-corruption-in-nigeria/
Re: Should We Legalise Corruption In Nigeria? by ayowonder(m): 3:14pm On Jan 27, 2017
No

(1) (Reply)

Boko Haram Fighters Ambush Security Convoy, Kill Police Officer, Injure Others / Why Civil Servants Serve 8hrs/day And Prisoners Serve 24hours! / Politics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.