Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,853 members, 7,872,844 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 11:49 PM

What's Your Reason For Locking Your Phone With A Code? - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What's Your Reason For Locking Your Phone With A Code? (17850 Views)

Which Mobile Data Provider Is Currently The Best In Nigeria And Your Reason/s? / Blackberry Aurora Spec : First Blackberry Phone With Dual SIM Slot / Zenith Bank Introduce A Code To Check Account Balance (How To) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's Your Reason For Locking Your Phone With A Code? by Nobody: 1:05am On Jan 28, 2017
Same reason you don't walk around with your mouth open!!!
Re: What's Your Reason For Locking Your Phone With A Code? by Ahmed4002(m): 1:57am On Jan 28, 2017
Pope22:
I read a post today where someone was advicing the youths not to marry someone who uses code to lock his or her phone to prevent his or her spouse from having an access to his or her messages, chats, etc.

He also believes that people who lock their phones with codes have something they hide from their spouse even though the spouse may know his or her phone unlock code. He further says we the youths should not marry someone who locks her phone with code.
I believe that not all people who lock their phones with codes have something they hide from their spouse but I still want to hear your opinion..what's your reason for locking your phone with a code?

Most of the new smart phone now due to the screen sensitivity. When ever I keep my fone unlock and place it inside my pocket. It's end up dialing people contact or moving my apps. So I started locking my phone.
Re: What's Your Reason For Locking Your Phone With A Code? by Bollove: 2:05am On Jan 28, 2017
jonaifame22:
I have too many mojo videos and I have a younger sister who likes to play games on my fone and not only will she play games,she will wanna watch some videos too, if I tell her not to touch my fone she won't understand, so the best I'll do is to lock am wth code and hear word
Just download applock on play store and hide all ur hishhish there then throw ur phone down and allow ur sister to play with it....

that's if u re on android phone !!!
Re: What's Your Reason For Locking Your Phone With A Code? by Bollove: 2:06am On Jan 28, 2017
Ahmed4002:

Most of the new smart phone now due to the screen sensitivity. When ever I keep my fone unlock and place it inside my pocket. It's end up dialing people contact or moving my apps. So I started locking my phone.
my reason too !!!

Since the day somebody touched my system behind me n got it damaged, I decide to be locking all my gadgets!!!

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Reason For Locking Your Phone With A Code? by Nobody: 4:21am On Jan 28, 2017
Random self-dial
Re: What's Your Reason For Locking Your Phone With A Code? by Ramaa(m): 6:06am On Jan 28, 2017
Because its mine......
Re: What's Your Reason For Locking Your Phone With A Code? by mfm04622: 6:09am On Jan 28, 2017
My work email is on my phone. Before you can use work email on phone, you need a password. They even check the strength of the password and reject it if not strong enough. I passworded my backup phone to stop my son from playing games on it.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Reason For Locking Your Phone With A Code? by harrybarn: 6:30am On Jan 28, 2017
Angelinastto:
My phone, my life, my password. Some stupid people check your messages immediately they lay their hands on one's phone.

Re: What's Your Reason For Locking Your Phone With A Code? by bigsmoke2(m): 6:41am On Jan 28, 2017
i lock my phone because any idiot can:

1 read my chats on whatsapp,bbm etc.

2 view my bank transactions and other detail from my gmail app

3 steal my credit by using my phone to make calls

4 access my google drive where i keep many important files

5 use my phone to set up hotspot and steal my data
Re: What's Your Reason For Locking Your Phone With A Code? by phenase(m): 6:47am On Jan 28, 2017
It sends unwanted text to people which I don't know about.
Re: What's Your Reason For Locking Your Phone With A Code? by NAZZYMATION(m): 6:47am On Jan 28, 2017
[quote author=Emac34 post=53180555]thats no reason at all
Re: What's Your Reason For Locking Your Phone With A Code? by Ibro2005: 6:52am On Jan 28, 2017
My wife
Re: What's Your Reason For Locking Your Phone With A Code? by seghordy: 6:53am On Jan 28, 2017
no long story
amnesty7:
My phone, my right to do as I wish. Period.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Reason For Locking Your Phone With A Code? by millhouse: 7:06am On Jan 28, 2017
Bollove:
Just download applock on play store and hide all ur hishhish there then throw ur phone down and allow ur sister to play with it....

that's if u re on android phone !!!
or use romtoolbox
Re: What's Your Reason For Locking Your Phone With A Code? by oluwadaemilola: 7:16am On Jan 28, 2017
no long story
amnesty7:
My phone, my right to do as I wish. Period.
Re: What's Your Reason For Locking Your Phone With A Code? by rhektor(m): 7:24am On Jan 28, 2017
To guard against the phone calling just anybody when I don't intend to do this

To guide against children playing with my phone

To keep my privacy

Abi why would you want to browse through my phone?
Re: What's Your Reason For Locking Your Phone With A Code? by Olakunleola: 7:25am On Jan 28, 2017
I lock my cus its personal. Period
Re: What's Your Reason For Locking Your Phone With A Code? by remi144(m): 7:27am On Jan 28, 2017
Catalin:
I lock it cos I don't want my enemies pretending to be my friends to snatch my man away from me or better still spoil business for me cheesy.
me abi I love you.
Re: What's Your Reason For Locking Your Phone With A Code? by YaksonFCA(m): 7:56am On Jan 28, 2017
It is just FUN!
Re: What's Your Reason For Locking Your Phone With A Code? by Nobody: 7:56am On Jan 28, 2017
My phone is private and the reason I lock the screen is private too.
Re: What's Your Reason For Locking Your Phone With A Code? by MistadeRegal(m): 7:59am On Jan 28, 2017
I don't lock my phones because I have nothing in them to hide.

Anyone one uses my phones. I only make sure I cancel all diverts or tappings once they return it.
The only thing I'd be careful to do now is lending strangers because I read of one case where the borrower(to make call) disappeared with her phone.
Re: What's Your Reason For Locking Your Phone With A Code? by holysina(m): 8:00am On Jan 28, 2017
My woman can play politics with every pix on my phone, and she knows how to argue better than me, so I Bette avoid that argument because I don't touch her own phone unless she wants to show me something. And secondly I have got lot of clients contact on them, and their privacy is my concern. Finnaly, my woman and some creepy friends can transfer airtime for Africa. So am not locking my phone because am hidding something but because am protecting something . angry grin
Re: What's Your Reason For Locking Your Phone With A Code? by Rinsola32(f): 8:15am On Jan 28, 2017
knightsson:
despite having lot of damaging things in my phone I still don't lock it, what I lock is my whatsapp and photo gallery.

You lock whatsapp and photo gallery? Wetin come remain grin
Re: What's Your Reason For Locking Your Phone With A Code? by Rinsola32(f): 8:28am On Jan 28, 2017
knightsson:
despite having lot of damaging things in my phone I still don't lock it, what I lock is my whatsapp and photo gallery.

You lock whatsapp and photo gallery?Wetin come remain grin
Re: What's Your Reason For Locking Your Phone With A Code? by oforij(m): 8:29am On Jan 28, 2017
My private life.
Re: What's Your Reason For Locking Your Phone With A Code? by yak(m): 8:54am On Jan 28, 2017
tell the "cancellor" that any partner who can't stay away from the partner's private life has trust issue....
ask why I lock my doors, y I wear clothes and even y I cover my plates and pots. datz how they will be creating problems for ppl. after all, how many marriage counselors did our parents meet for their successful marriages?
Re: What's Your Reason For Locking Your Phone With A Code? by Nobody: 8:57am On Jan 28, 2017
Catalin:
I lock it cos I don't want my enemies pretending to be my friends to snatch my man away from me or better still spoil business for me cheesy.

By Business you mean ur other lovers

Re: What's Your Reason For Locking Your Phone With A Code? by stasius: 9:11am On Jan 28, 2017
None of your business
Re: What's Your Reason For Locking Your Phone With A Code? by Peromnia: 9:14am On Jan 28, 2017
Love Machine:
Some fake friends may extract some personal contents to blackmail you.There is one lady at my workplace who took her colleague phone and transfer some intimate conversation she had with the manager from her WhatsApp and shared to other staff.She did that because she had a misunderstanding with the manager.Moreover,the manager was also wooing the perpetrator.They almost sack the victim because our boss ask her if she truly had a romantic relationship with the manager.she said no.Unknown to her,the boss already have content of their messages.

How was the transfer made pls. cos the only way i know is too complicated for an average perwon
Re: What's Your Reason For Locking Your Phone With A Code? by Ahmed4002(m): 9:14am On Jan 28, 2017
Bollove:
my reason too !!!

Since the day somebody touched my system behind me n got it damaged, I decide to be locking all my gadgets!!!

Sure. Nothing much.
Re: What's Your Reason For Locking Your Phone With A Code? by tosyne2much(m): 9:22am On Jan 28, 2017
Catalin:
Only weak men can be snatched you know? tongue
Re: What's Your Reason For Locking Your Phone With A Code? by tosyne2much(m): 9:26am On Jan 28, 2017
I don't lock my phone probably because I don't have any questionable file on my phone

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What App Do You Use To Play Music? / Fero Phones Questions , Complains & Discussion Thread / Opera Mini Mobile Browser

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.