Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,929 members, 7,976,491 topics. Date: Wednesday, 16 October 2024 at 08:45 AM

Hey Guys, I Need Help In Changing My Domain On Whogohost - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Hey Guys, I Need Help In Changing My Domain On Whogohost (1173 Views)

Help; I'm Having Issues With My Domain / Which Is Preferable; Whogohost Or Web4africa? / How Do I Link My Domain From 'whogohost To Blogger' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hey Guys, I Need Help In Changing My Domain On Whogohost by avonoshi(m): 10:53am On Jan 28, 2017
I need help in changing my domain On Whogohost, i bought two domains and host from them, one is dot com while the other is dot com dot ng, the website currently is running on dot com, and now i want the website to run on dot com dot ng, av tried but haven't seen a head way, i tried opening a ticket, they never replied, used live chat to no avail and finally i called their customer care service number only for the girl to tell me their technical team are not on seat, am beginning to think this company is a one man business done inside a one room apartment...lolllsss, meanwhile anyone with any useful information on how i can achieve this course my self should comment. #WhogohostSupportSucks
Re: Hey Guys, I Need Help In Changing My Domain On Whogohost by gidimasters(m): 10:57am On Jan 28, 2017
avonoshi:
I need help in changing my domain On Whogohost, i bought two domains and host from them, one is dot com while the other is dot com dot ng, the website currently is running on dot com, and now i want the website to run on dot com dot ng, av tried but haven't seen a head way, i tried opening a ticket, they never replied, used live chat to no avail and finally i called their customer care service number only for the girl to tell me their technical team are not on seat, am beginning to think this company is a one man business done inside a one room apartment...lolllsss, meanwhile anyone with any useful information on how i can achieve this course my self should comment. #WhogohostSupportSucks
You can't do it yourself.... Wait till set reply you
Re: Hey Guys, I Need Help In Changing My Domain On Whogohost by Afam4eva(m): 10:59am On Jan 28, 2017
avonoshi:
It's not something that you can do yourself. You have to exercise patience as it seems Whogohost does not work on weekends which is an aberration. I had exactly the same problem with them. You have to wait till monday.
Re: Hey Guys, I Need Help In Changing My Domain On Whogohost by avonoshi(m): 11:03am On Jan 28, 2017
thanks alot, but i still think the company is a one man thing, using his wife as customer care service personell, i also use the service of siteground presently and what they do is absolutely what a real hosting company is suppose to do
Afam4eva:

It's not something that you can do yourself. You have to exercise patience as it seems Whogohost does not work on weekends which is an aberration. I had exactly the same problem with them. You have to wait till monday.
Re: Hey Guys, I Need Help In Changing My Domain On Whogohost by ehis05(m): 11:07am On Jan 28, 2017
Guess u tryna change d primary domain if dats d case u gotta b patient dey wud notify u wen its done via mail I suppose
Re: Hey Guys, I Need Help In Changing My Domain On Whogohost by avonoshi(m): 11:11am On Jan 28, 2017
yes one hosting account for 8k5h and the two domains with the same name though but different extension, note that i will use only one domain name and redirect the other to the main domain
ehis05:
U bought jus 1 hosting 4 d 2 domains n nw want to make d website run on .com.ng??
Re: Hey Guys, I Need Help In Changing My Domain On Whogohost by ehis05(m): 11:16am On Jan 28, 2017
avonoshi:
yes one hosting account for 8k5h and the two domains with the same name though but different extension, note that i will use only one domain name and redirect the other to the main domain

Since u ar redirecting I dnt see d need of changing the primary domain to .com
Re: Hey Guys, I Need Help In Changing My Domain On Whogohost by ehis05(m): 11:17am On Jan 28, 2017
avonoshi:

Since u ar redirecting I dnt see d need of changing the primary domain to .com.ng
Re: Hey Guys, I Need Help In Changing My Domain On Whogohost by avonoshi(m): 11:24am On Jan 28, 2017
if it were to be siteground its just to go to cpanel and access wordpress toolkit and one click will migrate everything
ehis05:
Guess u tryna change d primary domain if dats d case u gotta b patient dey wud notify u wen its done via mail I suppose
Re: Hey Guys, I Need Help In Changing My Domain On Whogohost by avonoshi(m): 11:27am On Jan 28, 2017
the website is currently on dot com, remember all the websites file are on the dot com folder, so its very impossible to redirect the dot com with files to a dot com dot ng with out any file in file manager
ehis05:

Since u ar redirecting I dnt see d need of changing the primary domain to .com.ng
Re: Hey Guys, I Need Help In Changing My Domain On Whogohost by ehis05(m): 11:52am On Jan 28, 2017
avonoshi:
the website is currently on dot com, remember all the websites file are on the dot com folder, so its very impossible to redirect the dot com with files to a dot com dot ng with out any file in file manager

Oh dats true

1 Like

Re: Hey Guys, I Need Help In Changing My Domain On Whogohost by Jose213(m): 12:35pm On Jan 28, 2017
This is easy if you are using apps like wordpress,joomla,concrete 5 etc etc
You clone the entire installation onto the new domain
Re: Hey Guys, I Need Help In Changing My Domain On Whogohost by avonoshi(m): 3:54pm On Jan 28, 2017
yeah u right, but amma just let them do thier work joor
Jose213:
This is easy if you are using apps like wordpress,joomla,concrete 5 etc etc

You clone the entire installation onto the new domain

(1) (Reply)

This Is How Nairaland Started, Date , First FCT , And Seun's Wish - Compare / Tips And Tricks To Help You Run A Professional Joomla Website / How To Add Floating Share Button With Whatsapp For Blogger Blogs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.