Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,426 members, 7,950,914 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 06:23 AM

6 Dangerous Effects Of Paracetamol You Need To Know. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 6 Dangerous Effects Of Paracetamol You Need To Know. (2025 Views)

Nigerians Use Paracetamol To Cook Meat: Concern As More People Use It / Many People Are Using Paracetamol To Cook Meat! / Aso Rock Clinic DOES NOT Have Paracetamol Or Cotton Wool - TheCable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

6 Dangerous Effects Of Paracetamol You Need To Know. by Olive64(m): 9:54am On Jan 29, 2017
Is Paracetamol dangerous? As we all know, Paracetamol, also known as Acetaminophen or APAP, is a very powerful painkiller (analgesic) used as a medication to treat pain and fever. It is typically used for mild to moderate pain. But what you don't know is taking Paracetamol in excess is dangerous. Most people actually confuse the names Panadol and Paracetamol, mistaking them to be two different drugs but they are basically the same thing. Panadol is just a brand name for the drug Paracetamol. Other names for it include Tylenol in the US and Calpol which is a liquid form for small children.

It is typically used by mouth but is also available intravenously(directly into a vein) and effects last between two and four hours. Millions of families see the drug as a cheap way to get rid of that annoying headache or body pain that will not just go away, but research reveals that the dangers of the cheap painkiller have been greatly underestimated. The new study appears to indicate a link between long-term use of the popular medicine and increased risk of conditions like stroke, renal failure and gastrointestinal bleeding. Packets of paracetamol are used by millions of people daily to combat a host of common complaints like headaches, back pains and high temperatures.

Enough stories, here are 6 dangerous effects of Paracetamol You probably didn't know:

1. Liver damage: Using paracetamol all the time can potentially cause fatal liver damage. In 2011 the US Food and Drug Administration launched a public education program to help consumers avoid overdose. Acetaminophen can cause serious liver damage if more than is prescribed by the doctor is used. The overdose risk may be heightened by frequent consumption of alcohol because most people take the drug to treat headaches that accompany hangovers.

Read the rest here.
http://www.sciencehealth24.com/2017/01/6-dangerous-effects-of-paracetamol.html

Re: 6 Dangerous Effects Of Paracetamol You Need To Know. by Olive64(m): 5:02am On Feb 02, 2017
jackback887:
Thanks a lot for this useful info! I've been taking Paracetamol for a few years now. It works fine for my period pain that interferes with my daily living, stops me from going to work. Btw, I buy it online http://shop4pills.us/ at very affordable price .
You're welcome smiley

(1) (Reply)

You Have Cancer Of The Breasts? or any type of cancer? / 8 Things You Did Not Know About Your V*gina(STRICTLY For LADIES) / Tubal Blockage – What Tests Can Be Done To Know If You Have Blocked Tubes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.