Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,844 members, 7,972,976 topics. Date: Saturday, 12 October 2024 at 01:38 AM

Faith And Freedom - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Faith And Freedom (608 Views)

Hope, Faith And Love: What Do These Mean To An Atheist? / The Pioneers (Fathers) Of The Christian Faith In Nigeria / Discussion Between Professor And Student About God, Faith And Science. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Faith And Freedom by thisme(m): 4:31pm On Dec 01, 2009
Christian Freedom is the least understood concept today, because you have probably never met anyone who is “free." Jesus said, "Know the truth, and the truth will set you free." Of course, he is the truth. But what is free? It is certainly not free from guilt, free to sin; as Paul says,shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid! Rom 6:15. So, is it just freedom from sin, or is it more?
First, when we begin our walk, we are under the Law. And, because we are under the Law, we are cursed; for no mere man can fulfill the law. Christ fulfilled the Law, but he was no mere man. While we are under the law, all we can do is try to avoid breaking it. Of course we continually fail. As Paul said, ‘Oh wretch that I am. For what I would [do] I do not. But what I hate, that I do. Our humanity prevents us from being successful. Until we are led by the Spirit of God, the law is our schoolmaster. It reminds of us our failings. Our failings are supposed to motivate us to seek the changing grace of God, available to us through our faith in the name of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. How to access that changing grace of God is explained below.

Faith
But the Law did not always exist. Before the Law, Abraham was blessed by God because of his faith — he obeyed the Voice of the Lord. Now we have the opportunity to be blessed by God because of our belief in the name of Christ; to be blessed far beyond our fondest expectations, even while living on the earth and then forever.

Your hope must be in a Christ that not only forgives, but is able and eager to purify you through repentance to Truth. The concept ofrepentance has been forgotten. Except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish. Luke 13:5
Jesus told the adulteress: I do not condemn you either.
Go on your way and sin no more, least a worse thing come upon you. John 8:11.
The worse thing is to be banned from heaven for still sinning, and sent to Hell, until you have paid the last penny .
He would not have commanded her to sin no more, unless it were possible. Repentance is the way.
Jesus warned us several times: Unless you repent you will all likewise perish. Luke 13:3,5
Repentance results in Him changing us by the power of his grace to become - holy, pure, and perfect.

Luke 24:47
And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.
In the original Greek, the word for remission meant both forgiveness and remission. That is why many New Testament translations (NIV, and AMP) use the word forgiveness instead of remission. Remission, (as in, the cancer is in remission - a shrinking, a dying), is far more accurate, and perfectly describes the purification necessary to avoid being banned from heaven. The cleansing of the Word, the cleansing in the Light, both attained by waiting on the Lord, listening, hearing, watching, and obeying - such cleansing is a remission of sin. But the poor souls, who were trying to translate the Bible, had not experienced remission of sin within themselves, and so obviously chose to emphasizeforgiveness instead.

Look at how Jesus' ministry is described by the Amplified's translation of Luke 1:77: To bring and give the knowledge of salvation to His people in the forgiveness and remission of their sins.

If you believe you don't need to do anything while on earth to get rid of your flesh, you won't get rid of it. You will try to please God in your flesh. They that are in the flesh cannot please God. For if you live according to the flesh (the sinful nature), you will surely die. But if through the power of the Spirit you are putting to death (making extinct, deadening) the deeds prompted by the body, you shall live forever.Rom 8:13. As long as we live in our selfish, sinful nature, we are unruly and incapable of being ruled, governed, or led by a Lord or King. So, if you want Jesus to be your Lord and King, through the power of the Spirit, you must put to death the sinful nature by repentance to purity - becoming able to be led. Those who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God. Rom 8:14. Those who are Christ's have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires [lusts and affections]. Gal 5:24. , To be continued http://www.bibleinfotips.com

(1) (Reply)

Welcome To The 12 Month! / And I Will Do Whatever You Ask In My Name John 14:13 / Healing Yourself Completely With God's Great Gift To Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.