Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,371 members, 7,907,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 01 August 2024 at 05:30 PM

Between Tubless And Tube Tires - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Between Tubless And Tube Tires (1129 Views)

Registered 2004 Lexus LX 470 With Reverse Camera , New Tires For Sale! / Very Clean Toyota Camry 03 Few Months Registered 08036669132 4 Band New Tires / A Dozen Of Man Diesel 10-tires Dump Trucks 4sale.4 Pics. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Between Tubless And Tube Tires by kenkruse: 5:23pm On Dec 01, 2009
Please guys, I need your experience in choosing the best for my car tires as I'm about to buy new set of tires. Thanks
Re: Between Tubless And Tube Tires by Nobody: 7:02pm On Dec 01, 2009
All tyres for passenger cars and light commercials are tubeless these days.

No one fits tubes anymore, they're actually illegal. Not sure where you'll buy tubes legally either.
Re: Between Tubless And Tube Tires by kenkruse: 7:06pm On Dec 01, 2009
good, but it's still obtainable in naija undecided

what is the disadvantage?
Re: Between Tubless And Tube Tires by Nobody: 8:38pm On Dec 01, 2009
Tubes shouldn't be fitted to tubeless tyres - the fact tubes are still available in Nigeria doesn't alter that fact.

You get a nail in a tubeless tyre fitted with a tube, the tyre will be flat within 20 minutes. A tubeless tyre wiith the same nail damage, can retain aiir for weeks, with the occassional pump-up.

A tubeless tyre fitted with a tube, is also likely to suffer catastrophic failure at high speed, i.e blow-outs, making them unsuitable for high-performance use, or sustained high speed runs.
Re: Between Tubless And Tube Tires by kenkruse: 4:13pm On Dec 02, 2009
Thanks for the info, siena, you're well informed.
Re: Between Tubless And Tube Tires by MrKelly: 10:00am On Dec 03, 2009
I went to vulganizer last week to inflate one of my tyres and the he discovered that it has 7 nails. 7nails and it still retains air, but i assure you that tubed tire will go completely flat with a single nail.

He gave me an option to either fill the holes created by the nail and get a tube to go with it or dispose the tire and get a tubeless one. I chosed the second option. Driving a tubed tyre in Lagos road doesn't make any economic sence to me.
Re: Between Tubless And Tube Tires by Nobody: 11:01pm On Dec 03, 2009
There you go - tubeless is the way to go.

(1) (Reply)

Bus Clearing At Lagos Wharf / Sport Cherokee Now 1m / Car Colour Change

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.