Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,172 members, 7,880,659 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 12:08 AM

Man Dies In LUTH As Staff Couldn't Find Person With Key To Oxygen Room - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Man Dies In LUTH As Staff Couldn't Find Person With Key To Oxygen Room (24686 Views)

36-Year-Old Man Dies Of Coronavirus In Lagos / ‘My Brother Died In My Arms Due To LUTH's Negligence’, Man Reveals. Photos / More Patients Arrives LUTH As JOHESU Call Off Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Dies In LUTH As Staff Couldn't Find Person With Key To Oxygen Room by cuteme88(f): 3:30pm On Jan 30, 2017
Na wa ooooh! y the careless act as if they will not die one day.
Re: Man Dies In LUTH As Staff Couldn't Find Person With Key To Oxygen Room by Rinsola32(f): 3:34pm On Jan 30, 2017
angeltolly:
Pathetic angry private hospitals where the doctors are always on their toes even [b]when they don't known what they are doing.
[/b]

Lol @ boded. You are very correct.

May the soul of the departed rest in peace. So painful.
Re: Man Dies In LUTH As Staff Couldn't Find Person With Key To Oxygen Room by Nobody: 3:38pm On Jan 30, 2017
NNVanguard:
The Hospital CMD and Provost of the school should be sued with great damages.
Mtcheww..... wetin consign provost nd hospital, stop spewing trash!
Re: Man Dies In LUTH As Staff Couldn't Find Person With Key To Oxygen Room by stanlo273(m): 3:40pm On Jan 30, 2017
this is wat is being experienced in nigerian hospitals these day...a nonchalant attitude towards lives...
Re: Man Dies In LUTH As Staff Couldn't Find Person With Key To Oxygen Room by DrogoG(m): 3:48pm On Jan 30, 2017
I wish we would have our own Jerry Rawlings who would forcefully take over power and kill all former and present politicians in this useless country!

Or

We hand the country over back to the British. We're totally incompetent, too morally bankrupt and mentally incapable to lead a country. Since the independence, Nigeria has been going downhill while political thieves are getting richer!
Re: Man Dies In LUTH As Staff Couldn't Find Person With Key To Oxygen Room by Malayy(m): 4:00pm On Jan 30, 2017
aydought:
When are we going to stop playing with lives of people in this country? That is why I keep thanking God for preserving my life till today. I had a fatal accident on Lagos Island and God gave insight to the security man who rescued me to rush me to Saint Nicholas, even when he didn't know that he was taking me to one of the best hospitals in Lagos. No doubt, if I was taken to any of these public hospitals, I couldn't have made it because it was a thorough battle between life and death which required people with commitment to their responsibilities. May God help us!
bro did the accident affect your head?
cos people hardly survive head injuries here. and most times, the surgery comes unsuccessful
Re: Man Dies In LUTH As Staff Couldn't Find Person With Key To Oxygen Room by Originalsly: 4:01pm On Jan 30, 2017
The fault is not with the person with the key..... it is with the administration... they made the rules. The hospital is responaible and should be sued. The victims/familes of are also partly to be blamed because we do nothing more than condemn with our mouths and keep it moving..... no consequences... no change.
Re: Man Dies In LUTH As Staff Couldn't Find Person With Key To Oxygen Room by Burgerlomo: 4:14pm On Jan 30, 2017
Dammit! You gotta be kidding me, for real? His family suppose to sue their motherfucker ass for a wrongful death damn.
Re: Man Dies In LUTH As Staff Couldn't Find Person With Key To Oxygen Room by str8talk1: 4:50pm On Jan 30, 2017
My heart literally bleeds for you all. Still mourning my own junior brother lost last Dec. 25, 2015.
cry

1 Like

Re: Man Dies In LUTH As Staff Couldn't Find Person With Key To Oxygen Room by Gome23: 4:55pm On Jan 30, 2017
The confusion in Nigeria did not start today
Re: Man Dies In LUTH As Staff Couldn't Find Person With Key To Oxygen Room by Heltinking(m): 5:00pm On Jan 30, 2017
Can you imagine!
Re: Man Dies In LUTH As Staff Couldn't Find Person With Key To Oxygen Room by dominique(f): 5:38pm On Jan 30, 2017
Your madam's friends uncle undecided
Though I've stopped taking these Twitter stories seriously, our health sector needs huge reform. Negligence in our public hospitals is very disturbing
Re: Man Dies In LUTH As Staff Couldn't Find Person With Key To Oxygen Room by Exciton(m): 5:55pm On Jan 30, 2017
It's 2017 and the seventh most populous nation in the world at almost 200 million and a top exporter of crude still can't manage to build a single fucking world class hospital, manufactures basically nothing worthy of export, no functional research institute, dead universities, electricity generation less than 6000 MW, illiteracy and religious fanaticism a record high, human rights abuse is the norm etc etc.

When white people call us fucking animals, you'd all get angry and play the racist card. Be honest, place yourselves in their shoes, how will you regard a group of people who only know how to fvck and give birth like rabbits?

Developed nations are exploring the universe, most people in our country probably think it's for fun. The idiots don't understand that the survival of a people rank above petty things like inefficiency and corruption.

The only thing stopping powerful nations from completely wiping us out and assuming control of our land and resources are international laws; empathy can be easily bypassed in the name of utilitarianism or some racist ideology. Compared to the length of human existence, these laws have been around only recently. Surely, these laws are not going to be here forever.

So, keep on acting like f00ls and let's keep on watching our old useless f00ls lead us into doom and the annihilation of our future generation shall be certain.

2 Likes

Re: Man Dies In LUTH As Staff Couldn't Find Person With Key To Oxygen Room by sweetheart202(m): 6:47pm On Jan 30, 2017
A COUNTRY THAT DOES NOT VALUE LIFE....MAY GOD HELP US
Re: Man Dies In LUTH As Staff Couldn't Find Person With Key To Oxygen Room by Pearly255(f): 6:54pm On Jan 30, 2017
Recklessness.. The blunt truth is these people don't care about lives.... Rip to the dead!
Re: Man Dies In LUTH As Staff Couldn't Find Person With Key To Oxygen Room by maasoap(m): 8:05pm On Jan 30, 2017
Adonis7:

Lol... When they've got no choice

You've got to understand that it's still one of the best in Nigeria

Note that they admit hundreds daily and only the fatalities make news

#Adonis7HasSpoken
Point of Correction. Fatalities that were caused by negligence.
Re: Man Dies In LUTH As Staff Couldn't Find Person With Key To Oxygen Room by Royalsettle: 8:23pm On Jan 30, 2017
[quote author=ObiOmaMu post=53262075]You won't believe the tweets you are about to read. Someone died this morning at the Lagos State Teaching University hopsital becuase the hospital couldn't find their staff with the key to the oxygen control room.

The story has provoked an outrage and former victims of the hospital's negligence are sharing their disturbing stories.

http://www.lailasblog.com/2017/01/nigerian-man-dies-in-luth-cos-staff.html

very pathetic
Re: Man Dies In LUTH As Staff Couldn't Find Person With Key To Oxygen Room by nihinlade(m): 8:57pm On Jan 30, 2017
The problem is lack of enough staff or being short staffed. And they also always have too many patients being government. The management also is to blame. They should be better organised than they are but also the Government is not funding them well too. They over manage resources.

It is so pathetic. RIP to the dead.
Re: Man Dies In LUTH As Staff Couldn't Find Person With Key To Oxygen Room by Adonis7: 9:17pm On Jan 30, 2017
maasoap:

Point of Correction. Fatalities that were caused by negligence.

Na today??

It's not supposed to be, I know.

But then, I was replying you who asked why they keep going there

It's coz they've got no choice
Re: Man Dies In LUTH As Staff Couldn't Find Person With Key To Oxygen Room by abolore80(m): 11:32pm On Jan 30, 2017
I wonder how some people come online to say all sorts about LUTH. Please know your facts before coming here to spew thrash. Who says oxygen cylinders are kept in a room @ LUTH? Haba! LUTH is not as bad as mostt people think and I'm sure thoose people that have benefitted from this institution would be paart of those saying all sorts here.
Re: Man Dies In LUTH As Staff Couldn't Find Person With Key To Oxygen Room by SURElee(f): 11:54pm On Jan 30, 2017
My God! That man was a son, brother, nephew , cousin, probably a husband , father and lover to people and he died just like that to human negligence? Kai! A family is in pain at the moment, God comfort them. So sad right now.
Re: Man Dies In LUTH As Staff Couldn't Find Person With Key To Oxygen Room by Lexusgs430: 2:09am On Jan 31, 2017
Why were the oxygen cylinders locked up in the first place?
I bet they either don't have a crash trolley or the trolley also lacks oxygen?
Oxygen cylinders must be available on every ward and checked daily................

Our health sector is completely finished, no wonder our polithiefcians, rather than invest in our health sector, they would rather be health tourists......
Re: Man Dies In LUTH As Staff Couldn't Find Person With Key To Oxygen Room by Inricash(m): 7:30am On Jan 31, 2017
angeltolly:
Pathetic angry

No wonder people keep going to private hospitals where the doctors are always on their toes even when they don't know what they are doing.

When such patients die in the private hospital, people will be blaming the victim that he/She should have gone to government hospital.

Just how? With all this act of negligence in Government hospitals?

Na one death go still kill man sha

U should first ask if doctors are the one that holds key to oxygen rooms... Which they are not...

Not justifying the person with the key, but u should blame ur government if the hospital does not have a central distributory equipments for oxygen in government hospitals....

Do ur best one day, just go to accident and emergency of a good government center and see what goes on there...

Few, docs and nurses overwhelmed with plenty cases...

Also u see alot of refferals from those ur so called private hospitals after they have failed in their management....

So stop all dz blame games and tell ur government to provide standard up to date equipments to the hospital...
Re: Man Dies In LUTH As Staff Couldn't Find Person With Key To Oxygen Room by glossy6(f): 7:32am On Jan 31, 2017
chloedogie:
I always remember this quote anytime I read things like this. ''Doctors will have more lives to answer for in the next world than even we generals." - Napoleon Bonaparte. I've seen my brother in-law's niece opened up by doctors in LAUTECH OGBOMOSHO before under the claims of one of her kidneys was damaged. only to open her up by very unprofessional rotten doctors and discovered the KIDNEY was very intact. Before the visiting consultant nephrologist could walk into the theatre, they have cut off the kidney. The pretty lady walks around with one functional kidney and one cut and paste kidney as i type this. It actually happened 2015. God help us.

Jeez

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

15 Spectacular Tricks For Your Body ! / What Is Stopping The White From Getting The Cure For HIV/AIDS? / COVID-19: FG To Assist Kano Manage Situation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.