Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,938 members, 7,873,014 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 06:44 AM

True Story Of Nairalander Who Relocated From Lagos To Anambra State - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / True Story Of Nairalander Who Relocated From Lagos To Anambra State (14066 Views)

Fayose And Wike Off To Anambra For PDP Governorship Primary Elections (Photos) / Adeosun: 55% Of Nigeria’s VAT Is From Lagos / Willie Obiano Welcomes Osinbajo To Anambra - Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: True Story Of Nairalander Who Relocated From Lagos To Anambra State by BeautifulMind2: 8:50pm On Jan 30, 2017
ycat:
How to get free advertising on nairaland you ask? Just make up a story and lie your way through taking few jabs at Yoruba. Old trick.

Really

Check out my old receipt when I was in Ajah, sorry I had to cancel my phone number

7 Likes

Re: True Story Of Nairalander Who Relocated From Lagos To Anambra State by Nobody: 8:58pm On Jan 30, 2017
JayJustus:
thank God for your life my friend...nothing like home and nothing like entrepreneurship...

God will see all of us that have an eye for business and see you through...cheers man
Igbos should stop developing Lagos, it's time to think home.

1 Like

Re: True Story Of Nairalander Who Relocated From Lagos To Anambra State by NoToPile: 9:17pm On Jan 30, 2017
Nice one op, I love your resilience

For those saying Yoruba landlords don't like renting to Igbo's there seems to be a reason from what I have gathered why some Landlords prefer other tribes than Igbos and it has nothing to do with envy or jealousy as been portrayed on this thread.

I was still discussing this issue with someone who told me the baba said no Igbo, what I get to hear generally is that " I don't want them in my house I don't want wahala, they will pay whatever amount of years you tell them to pay but getting the rent for coming year is a problem" I also hear the line of "For them any little thing police station they can be very troublesome and before you know it they charge you to court on your property and cobtinue when they know as long as the case is still in court they will still live on the property"

I admit that these are generalizations but the old Yoruba folks who have had about one or two nasty Igbo tenants will stand their ground that they won't rent it out based on previous experience and one can hardly convince them otherwise

Its mostly a case of one or two of you have done this to me then all of you are the same generalization which we know is not true.

So generally its based on experience, that's just what I have gathered from few landlords.

I do believe good and bad people are everywhere.

5 Likes

Re: True Story Of Nairalander Who Relocated From Lagos To Anambra State by mayorchelsea(m): 10:03pm On Jan 30, 2017
Can't recall how many times an Igbo man has called me ofe mma nu to my face,no tribe is excluded.It's so sad how someone on the first page turned this beautiful and inspiring thread into a tribal or ethnic one.Criminals abound everywhere and he made it look like he has travelled round the whole of the country. Landlords are scared of Igbo tenants because you let out an apartment to someone and before you know it, the person who rented it from you has moved out without your knowledge and transferred it to another relative or friend just to avoid paying agreement and commission.

6 Likes

Re: True Story Of Nairalander Who Relocated From Lagos To Anambra State by BudeYahooCom: 10:22pm On Jan 30, 2017
NewNigeriaMind:

I don't know anything about carrying placard asking people to leave the SW. Wicked people are everywhere that is my point.

I know an igbo man that deals in merchandises who never employs any other person apart from his igboid people.

What about the hundreds of part sellers littered all over SW that don't support anyone else except the people from their villages. Ordinary sales girl or boy posiiton they will travel all the way to their village to bring someone to work for them.

I can go on and on.

my point is discrimination is not limited to any tribe, least Yoruba of all tribe. There could be exceptions but its not our way of life.

This is why i am ever careful how i group people together and what i say. Go check those businesses they hardly go far.

Stop trying to be half smart. The people they travel to their village to bring are not salesboys, they are apprentices who are meant to serve for between 4-7 years after which they are settled by their Oga and become their own boss. yoruba don't have patience for such kind of lenghty service. They believe in 'now now' owambe and enjoyment. A handicap Gov. fayose once lamented about. That's why they have agberoes littered everywhere.

9 Likes

Re: True Story Of Nairalander Who Relocated From Lagos To Anambra State by BudeYahooCom: 10:23pm On Jan 30, 2017
Revelation1:
Op I believe your story abt the criminals from Osun state, most Yoruba from Osun are trained and hardened criminals.

They are muslims too.

4 Likes

Re: True Story Of Nairalander Who Relocated From Lagos To Anambra State by mayorchelsea(m): 10:34pm On Jan 30, 2017
BeautifulMind2:

Really

Check out my old receipt when I was in Ajah, sorry I had to cancel my phone number
For all of the inspiration I got from your story, it's so sad that I missed the ethnic jab you threw.I opened the thread with a clean heart and it's probably why I missed your 'coded' bigoted message.Yorubas are wicked and evil and even jealous.
Re: True Story Of Nairalander Who Relocated From Lagos To Anambra State by Abagworo(m): 11:01pm On Jan 30, 2017
That's the way forward before the IPOB nonsense. Intelligent people achieve their targets one step at a time without much noise. I can see you are still at early stage of growth and I know you might still expand outside Igboland in future but whatever you do make Igboland your headquarters.
Re: True Story Of Nairalander Who Relocated From Lagos To Anambra State by Nobody: 11:28pm On Jan 30, 2017
God bless you op, I'm proud to be an igbo guy

2 Likes

Re: True Story Of Nairalander Who Relocated From Lagos To Anambra State by BAILMONEY: 11:38pm On Jan 30, 2017
Abagworo:
That's the way forward before the IPOB nonsense. Intelligent people achieve their targets one step at a time without much noise. I can see you are still at early stage of growth and I know you might still expand outside Igboland in future but whatever you do make Igboland your headquarters.
CHINO IS COMING FOR YA ASSZ

1 Like

Re: True Story Of Nairalander Who Relocated From Lagos To Anambra State by HIScraziness(m): 11:39pm On Jan 30, 2017
Revelation1:
You don't know what you are saying, Yorubas are tribalists with diabolical tendencies. same can't be said abt Igbos, Igbo are nice people.

K

1 Like

Re: True Story Of Nairalander Who Relocated From Lagos To Anambra State by months: 11:39pm On Jan 30, 2017
Who need Nigeria?

Afonja make una see Oooo! It has already started. Na referendum remain.

Let us not continue the falsehood, Lagos never made anybody but people made Lagos.

1 Like

Re: True Story Of Nairalander Who Relocated From Lagos To Anambra State by months: 11:42pm On Jan 30, 2017
E get one mumu moderator and rapist that like to ban people wen dey speak the truth or their mind.

Did dat ever stop us? Noooooooo! We have said it and will continue to say it that Biafra is all that we want and need.

Nigeria is killing us, one by one, Biafra will give us life, hope and a reason to live and even more a reason to glorify God.

Nigeria is satanic created by the ungodly and evil illuminanti worshiping Oyinbo man. Destiny thief!

2 Likes

Re: True Story Of Nairalander Who Relocated From Lagos To Anambra State by months: 11:47pm On Jan 30, 2017
Who dont know that with the amount of resources in the SS/SE, Oyinbo suppose to come Biafra to do cleaning job.

Biafran citizens just like Saudi Arabia are not even suppose to work.

Biafra is suppose to be admired by Dubai.

The British destiny thieves stole our oil wealth and used it to modernise London and several cities in the uk.

2 Likes

Re: True Story Of Nairalander Who Relocated From Lagos To Anambra State by months: 11:52pm On Jan 30, 2017
The good news is that with America Shale Oil, that is all ending.

Donald Trump does not support the deception that is Nigeria and suspicious of the British.

Let dem hold Buhari very well becos they will utilise the Norther desert as soon as Biafra is granted independence.

We will show Britain no regard. America will be adopted as the people that gave us Independence.

America will be our colonial Father, just like Liberia.

Nothing we take UK dey do.

4 Likes

Re: True Story Of Nairalander Who Relocated From Lagos To Anambra State by Cjrane2: 12:12am On Jan 31, 2017
FKO81:
Op I guess my threads was among those that brought you home grin grin I just need one bottle of hanessy grin grin grin welcome home

East is fast developing, Umuigbo come home and invest

Chai this picture will give afonja sleepless nights for months. grin

3 Likes

Re: True Story Of Nairalander Who Relocated From Lagos To Anambra State by Twistaray(m): 12:28am On Jan 31, 2017
Like the say, every story always has two sides :

CYRIACUS IZUEKWE

A landlady, Mrs Idayat Aderibigbe has suffered broken leg after her tenant, Obidi Ibeagha attacked her and pushed her down for demanding 20 months rent arrears he was owing her in Lagos.

The tenant, Ibeagha has since been arrested and charged before a Lagos court for allegedly assaulting from where he was remanded in prison custody.

The incident happened on 13 January 2017 at Cele Bus-stop in Egbe Ikotun, suburbs of Lagos where the suspect reside with his family.

The Oba, Anambra State-born tenant has been unable to pay the rent arrears due to the economic situation before the landlord died last year.

44-year old Ibeagha, said to have became angry and attacked the landlady for asking from him the rent he owed the woman’s late husband.

He reportedly pushed her and she fell down and got injured and broke one of her legs.

P.M.EXPRESS gathered after the landlord died last year, Ibeagha had hoped that he will not pay the rent arrears since the person who rented out the three bedroom apartment to him had died.

He, however became angry when the victim started demanding for the rent from him, he first told her that he wanted to park out from the apartment to a smaller apartment and as such he would not pay the arrears because she was not his landlord at that period he was owing.

When the landlady insisted that he will pay the arrears before he will be allowed to move out, he reportedly attacked her.

The victim was rushed to a hospital and the matter was reported to the police at Ikotun division who arrested Ibeagha.

He was taken to court where he was charged with assault and occasional harm under the Criminal code.

He pleaded not guilty.
At the Magistrate’s court sitting in Ejigbo, the presiding Magistrate, Mr A.A. Fashola granted him bail in the sum of N50,000 with two sureties in like sum.

Ibeagha was remanded in prison custody pending when he will perfect his bail condition.

The matter was adjourned till 15 February 2017.

http://pmexpressng.com/tenant-batters-landlady-demanding-20-months-rent-arrears/
Re: True Story Of Nairalander Who Relocated From Lagos To Anambra State by lovat(m): 12:58am On Jan 31, 2017
Abagworo:
Chino your friend is here grin
Re: True Story Of Nairalander Who Relocated From Lagos To Anambra State by ninovandross(m): 1:40am On Jan 31, 2017
i think the hausas are the list racists amongst the 3 tribes but when it comes to religion hmm na war oh, i dont really know much about igbo racism but the one month i spent in enugu omo i enjoy am oh it was really nice, wetin they tire me abt yoruba na all this their omo igbo, omo hausa, d thing get as e be dem go sho u live and direct say u no be their tribes man next thing wey go follow na insults.

7 Likes

Re: True Story Of Nairalander Who Relocated From Lagos To Anambra State by ycat: 4:35am On Jan 31, 2017
You must have just slapped yo mama.
Revelation1:
If You don't have something meaningful to say just shut up.
Re: True Story Of Nairalander Who Relocated From Lagos To Anambra State by ycat: 4:37am On Jan 31, 2017
Yeah right!
BeautifulMind2:

Really

Re: True Story Of Nairalander Who Relocated From Lagos To Anambra State by LasGidiOwner: 5:57am On Jan 31, 2017
Hopeless frustrated old man get the hell outta here. You are really cursed. Get ready because we are coming to PH this week. Choose any location of your choice preferably a public place. No excuses....

[s]
Abagworo:
[/s]
Re: True Story Of Nairalander Who Relocated From Lagos To Anambra State by mightyhazell: 6:11am On Jan 31, 2017
LasGidiOwner:
Hppeless old man get the hell outta here. You are really cursed.

[s][/s]
can't u for once stop playing the fool here? Ur becoming an irritant here really

3 Likes

Re: True Story Of Nairalander Who Relocated From Lagos To Anambra State by LasGidiOwner: 6:15am On Jan 31, 2017
mightyhazell:
can't i for once stop playing the fool here? I am becoming an irritant here really

If you insist....
Re: True Story Of Nairalander Who Relocated From Lagos To Anambra State by BeautifulMind2: 6:26am On Jan 31, 2017
Re: True Story Of Nairalander Who Relocated From Lagos To Anambra State by mightyhazell: 6:36am On Jan 31, 2017
NewNigeriaMind:

I totally understand your point but you are the one not ready to accept haters, wicked people, tribal bigots exist in all tribes, places and office.

Let me share something happening to me right now. I live in a house with standard flats and BQs. my neighbor who is igbo rented his BQ to a young guy who is a tailor. what if i tell you this tailor guy has never greeted me in the over one year he moved into the house. i have caught him several times looking at me with that " who does he think he is" kind of look. Maybe because i am single and living in a flat alone he is jealous or just pure envy. I have come home several times that this guy will be standing beside the gate and instead of him to open the gate for me, he acts like he is too blind to see my car. will it be ok if i say igbo people are jealous and envious people because the guy is igbo?

Now lets go back to the period after 1970, AFTER THE CIVIL WAR. Do you realize there was no case of abandoned property in the SW. igbos came back to Ibadan, Lagos etc to meet their property and even got their rent paid fully to them while in the SS igbos were not allowed to go near their property again. Google abandoned property after the civil war and show me one single case of igbo property taken over in the SW.

when people say Yoruba people are accommodating, it is not gain saying.

my guy u funny o!

Wot is wrong in u extending d hand of fellowship by greeting him first? This tailor is probably older than u and maybe married while u are unmarried. And ur waiting for him 2 open gates and maybe prostrate for u because u drive a tokunbo car and live in a 'big flat',...rented flat o! And now u observed dat he peeps at u with jealousy!

Has he ever attacked or shown u open hatred?

Or ur just placing him in ur shoes.maybe dat is wot goes on in ur mind wen u see more successfl ppl dan u.
The tailor may just be thinking of better things like meeting up with his obligations as a responsible family man and ur just d least of his troubles dat moment u noticed a crease on his forehead (and u erroneously thot e was looking at ur secondhand car grin)

Wake up guy

8 Likes

Re: True Story Of Nairalander Who Relocated From Lagos To Anambra State by kettykin: 6:41am On Jan 31, 2017
@beautifulmind2 please I will like to find out from you if the money to open the 3 new business came from the proceeds of the first business or as a result of the low rental cost of renting offices in the east which is a far outcry of what is obtainable in parts of lagos where a 2 bedroom flat can go for 850k midget bedrooms for that matter.
Re: True Story Of Nairalander Who Relocated From Lagos To Anambra State by kettykin: 6:50am On Jan 31, 2017
NewNigeriaMind:

I totally understand your point but you are the one not ready to accept haters, wicked people, tribal bigots exist in all tribes, places and office.

Let me share something happening to me right now. I live in a house with standard flats and BQs. my neighbor who is igbo rented his BQ to a young guy who is a tailor. what if i tell you this tailor guy has never greeted me in the over one year he moved into the house. i have caught him several times looking at me with that " who does he think he is" kind of look. Maybe because i am single and living in a flat alone he is jealous or just pure envy. I have come home several times that this guy will be standing beside the gate and instead of him to open the gate for me, he acts like he is too blind to see my car. will it be ok if i say igbo people are jealous and envious people because the guy is igbo?

Now lets go back to the period after 1970, AFTER THE CIVIL WAR. Do you realize there was no case of abandoned property in the SW. igbos came back to Ibadan, Lagos etc to meet their property and even got their rent paid fully to them while in the SS igbos were not allowed to go near their property again. Google abandoned property after the civil war and show me one single case of igbo property taken over in the SW.

when people say Yoruba people are accommodating, it is not gain saying.

If someone left my property intact in his home with the rentals in tact but comes to my own home to destroy my property in my home and another person seizes my property in his home but doesn't touch my property in my home. Personally I will be more afraid of the sinister objectives of the guy that destroys every thing I have in my home but leaves my property intact in his home.

Frankly speaking only yorubas claim that they are accommodating, a lot of people will not be in lagos if not for the obscured federalism that is practiced in nigeria where all the oil companies headquarters will be relocated to a place that has no oil by decree and other states that have mobile citizenry are denied international Airports.

2 Likes

Re: True Story Of Nairalander Who Relocated From Lagos To Anambra State by Maduawuchukwu(m): 7:04am On Jan 31, 2017
obaaderemi:
Exactly my point!we are too tribal to enhance a thread such as this.So many young pple have been scared of leaving their jobs to start something on their own.this story is an inspiration.has it not been derailed already?shame

Baba I hail o. The thing is becoming disturbing. I thought the trend will die but it is going from strength to strength. Even the wailer v. Zombie has paled comparison to it.
So many wonderful threads and issues have to be discussed have suffered premature death. I think seun has to do something.

2 Likes

Re: True Story Of Nairalander Who Relocated From Lagos To Anambra State by Develpeast: 7:30am On Jan 31, 2017
ayokellany:

As Yoruba discriminate reach they still de learn for where Igbo dey.

have you worked in a yoruba dominated company?

when you want to see discrimination, you will see it there the most.
even when i was staying in a compound owned by a yoruba man, i weak at their discrimination bros.

2 Likes

Re: True Story Of Nairalander Who Relocated From Lagos To Anambra State by BeautifulMind2: 7:47am On Jan 31, 2017
I really appreciate all for your contributions, actually this is the first time I open up to discuss or write on my business experience outside my immediate family, Lag was fun, I'm not trying portray any tribe to be wicked but this is my true life story, I grew up in Anambra, Enugu and PH, before I went for my national youth service there was noting like tribalism in my mind, my perception started charging from NAPIMS where I served down to street of Lag, although It didn't charge who I'm and the training I was imbibe with from my family, within those trying period two Yorubas worked for me a boy and a girl, sales girl and assistance, the boy especially was very jovial and nice, that was when I was in Obalende, he normally come to my house on Sundays and he's a Muslim, during their festival he will bring meat or fruit to me I also reciprocate during my, he was with me till the final day I left Obalende and assisted me to move my things to my new shop in Ajah, till today we still keep in touch, same with my friend Shehu, Shola who now work with Slot at Saka tinubu, VI, I was with Shehu last two weeks that I traveled to Lag we were together till after 11pm gisting, I promised him when I stabilize I will invite him, my experience I had didn't change the fact I meet, interact even dine with good Yorubas, I dated a Yoruba girl when I was serving, but seriously what I realized in Lagos there are tribal sentiments going on, the hate among major tribes is real in Lagos, I just pray God will heal us, I guess that's where our major healing will start as a nation, we really need to purge ourselves from Hate, Jealousy, marginalization etc, from my experience what ever God Almighty what you to be no amount of hate, marginalization from others can stop that, it can be delay but can never be denial, My journey to success just started, I'm very optimistic I'll get to peak of success ladder, my advise to tribal bigots reading my post the amount you wast thinking evil, hating, and wishing or planning evil against others please channel that to something more positive, use the time to make the world a better place, no matter the tribe, region, state you came from, we all will leave this earth one day and all be equal in eyes of God, we are in the world to love, live, leave good legacy behind.
To those struggling to succeed the road to genuine success is tough, it requires to identify who you are and what you want to be, never think what worked for me most work for you, destiny dissimilar, most important prayer over your dreams and assimilation, be determine, never give up hope even when things are not going the way you planned, be prudent with the little resources with you, don't wait till you make millions before you think on what to do, heaven help those that help themselves, you can start with little resources, with good management your business will be growing, when you start climbing success ladder don't allow your little success to get to your head, humble is the Key word. Almighty God will grant our heart desires the good ones.
Thanks all wish all blissful day!

Sorry for any error

7 Likes

Re: True Story Of Nairalander Who Relocated From Lagos To Anambra State by ariesbull: 7:50am On Jan 31, 2017
BeautifulMind2:
I didn't even stay up to 8months in my Ajah shop I had to relocate after the incident, I was scared of those criminals attacking me, I traveled to Onitsha, Nnewi, Awka and Enugu, I limited my choice to Awka, I saw a good location paid for it went back to Lagos to plan how to relocate, I had to move my furniture and fittings and other equipments to ABC haulage

Pics of few of my business items when received them

They don't know that their attitude is killing their business...Igbos are moving back their investments to east and you did well

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

APC Flag Off Re-election Campaign For Governor Lalong In Jos / Cyril Ugwuoke: Pictures As Eze Ayogu Buries His Father / Sadiya Umar -Farouq: We Distributed NAFDAC Certified Rice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.